Author Topic: Planting  (Read 2429 times)

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Planting
« on: May 08, 2015, 10:23:54 AM »
I don't know  how many can  use this info but here it is.  While we were living in Houston  I discovered an online plant and garden site.  They give you info based on where you live.  They also have a friendly forum for exchanging ideas and info.
It is Dave's Garden. 
davesgarden.com
They will send out newsletters but you have to ask for them.  I have asked many questions of them.  As soon as I moved from Texas to Tennessee   and changed my address I was able to get  information appropriate to my area.  It is a great site.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Planting
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 01:55:30 PM »
Thanks, that's terrific!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
Yeah, being able to get the right advice for the area you live in is critical. One of the reasons I love my local garden center. They KNOW stuff and will steer you in the right direction.

Offline 1kathyr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 10:04:41 PM »
I LOVE that site! I used it a LOT when I worked at a garden center and needed answers to customer questions. I still use it now that I FINALLY have a REAL garden (always had to use containers because we lived in apartments).

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 08:18:37 PM »
Welcome, Kathy.....   In Houston  we had a  condo and  all my plants were in pots on the patio and I was able to glean lots of info from the folks at Dave's Garden.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 07:44:51 AM »
Love this!  Even though we have lived in the same zone for a while, there are always questions and it is nice to not get "general" answers.  We got a lot of advice at a local nursery about our fruit trees and this area which will probably save us a lot of heartache.

Offline haloooridaa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 01:24:54 PM »
wow thats a pretty cool site, i luv luv luv plants nd like anything green in general ;) i remember like this place http://www.astrologyjunction.com/  us 2 have like just planet superistions before it turned like all astrology ur post made me think bout it ahhah but like now i look at this  http://plantsarethestrangestpeople.blogspot.com/2011/10/list-plants-which-someone-on-internet.html    like u can look it up on google, not yahoo cauz that brings like less good websitez jus my opinion though...i feel so interenet advanced lol 

Offline haloooridaa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 01:25:30 PM »

Offline haloooridaa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »
awwwwwww the pic didn't showwww up ughhhhhhhh i hate wen that happens ://///  :police: >:( :( :( :( :o