Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What are you doing today?
« Last post by MulchandMore on November 17, 2017, 09:21:53 AM »
Monika, sorry to hear about your fall, but glad you didn't break any bones. Do you still have shows scheduled?

I've been so busy that I've taken the time to read when someone posts, but rarely have I taken the time to respond except in my mind ??? Between the two classes I taught and then the two day show my last one was what I consider a huge success :laugh: . The high point for me was meeting (and bunking with) the nicest young lady (she took both of my classes but was already quite knowledgable about fiber and the biggest help when she volunteered to help me set up and then worked the booth with me on the first day! She was a natural at customer service and helped people while I was checking out others. The age of some of my grandsons, we still had much in common to discuss in the evenings. We were staying in bunk houses at the camp where the show was held, so no TV or radio, just bunks, bath, and heat! Friday she bought a blending board so we played with that when we were't knitting and crocheting.

Almost done with a custom candle order, pies to make for Thanksgiving, then I can continue with my Christmas knitting. And I need to start posting on my blog again, it's been months! Looking forward to getting caught up at home before next year's schedule hits again.

Happy Holidays to all!
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on November 17, 2017, 05:54:56 AM »
Good grief, Monika!  I hope you feel better soon.  Thanks for keeping us posted so that we can all send good vibes your way!

Awww......thank you.....yes, good grief....I still cannot believe that I did not break anything, well with the exception of my front teeth, how does that song go....something like "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" .....

hope everyone is well, this forum  is pretty much dead isnt? One reason I do not come here anymore or rarely....sad really....
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on November 16, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »
Good grief, Monika!  I hope you feel better soon.  Thanks for keeping us posted so that we can all send good vibes your way!
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on November 16, 2017, 04:53:23 AM »
Yes, Sandi, at least I had it .....

Finally got my hurricane Irma damaged Windows replaced, what a mess, the house is full of street dust from having the window openings there until the new windows were placed, 5 of them done, still 2 to go and dry wall damage from the rain, Patio doors....but oh they look so much better and considering that these were the original windows when the house was build 1987, they had done their deed and I was not surprised with a Hurricane like that , that they were leaking like that. Need to re screen patio still, again.....and have to repaint the trim around the windows myself. No biggy....with this high hurricane deductible I had to make a choice what I can pay from what I got from the insurance company etc.

Had a huge fall they other day, knees as big as tree trunks, hands and wrists black and blue, right hip black and blue and snapped my teeth together so hard when I was landing on concrete, broke a perfectly good tooth of in front which had a crown on it. Spend 5 hours yesterday at the dentist, needed to be pulled, temporary fitting for crown and bridge, at least 9 injections in the roof of the mouth, as I cannot take Epi and the other numbing agent does not last that long, I was exhausted yesterday.....will not get the permanent thing until 8 weeks down the road, as the bone needs to heal.....blech.....fortunately nothing broken, as my bones are concerned, but I am in pain everywhere. Fell on someones property who should have kept their walkways in good order and did not....oh well....

Working now on taking it easy and heal everywhere....our yearly Christmas concerts start soon in all the nursing homes and I am singing solo's again, so had to have my smile back....

Have now lost 97 lbs and feel great otherwise, my German Dirndl fits again, and that's perfect, as our theme is an "International Christmas" and I will be singing German Christmas Songs in my traditional outfit.

Hope everyone is ok, wishing you all well
Monika
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on November 05, 2017, 04:30:43 PM »
At least it was there if you needed it.
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on November 05, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »
 :laugh: didnt have to use it, go figure, Sandi.... :laugh:
Good  grief!  I  got  the   same  thing....  I  didn't  realize  it  was  being  sent  to   a crowd   of  people.....
Site Support / gripbid
« Last post by MsMartyD on November 05, 2017, 01:50:53 PM »
I  just  got  a  message  from   grip bid  asking  me  to  list  there.   I  read  some  stuff  online  and  wasn't  impressed.   Has  anyone  else  gotten  these?   
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on November 04, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »
Did you take a credit card?
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on November 04, 2017, 04:04:15 PM »
Glad I am done for this year with shows, pooped ::) ....did OK, people still holding on to their moneys, Hurricane damage and high deductibles etc.....here in Florida

Pwaheeee....done...over out.... ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10