Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What are you doing today?
« Last post by Larissa on Today at 11:09:48 AM »
Welcome, Mary!

And thank you!

The day job definitely cramps my style when it comes to the stuff I WANT to do.  Obnoxious, isn't it?

Today I'm working all day, and trying to get a huge prep project done for an important court hearing.  Then tonight, Eric and I are doing a bee talk for our Environmental Commission's green film festival, after watching Silence of the Bees.  It's a really interesting hour-long film that's available online if anyone wants to see it for him or herself.  It's from 2015, so it's a *little* outdated, but really not much.
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on Today at 09:57:10 AM »
Welcome, Mary!  Please do jump right in!!!!
« Last post by Craftsfrom1900 on Today at 12:50:03 AM »
Jumping in to the forum here, but have scanned through many of the older postings, so I get the feel many of you are online (at least) friends. My name is Mary, I own Crafts from 1900, and make handmade greeting cards, gift tags, and paper crafts.  Those fountain pens are beautiful, Larissa, and happy anniversary. 
What was I doing today? In and out of the car errands, the tiring kind....and made two new cards for the shop. Tomorrow is the start of a new job-orientation really-and I'm hoping work won't cramp my crafting time! LOL.
Just wanted to say hi, and hope I can simply make myself welcome here 8)
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on March 28, 2017, 04:35:52 PM »
Good morning!  Work today, and then dinner with E tonight for our 8th anniversary.  I made cherry pie (his fave), and he's cooking us lamb chops (my fave).

Happy Anniversary to you two :-*
« Last post by iKnitQuiltSew on March 28, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
Happy anniversary! 
« Last post by Larissa on March 28, 2017, 09:55:32 AM »
Good morning!  Work today, and then dinner with E tonight for our 8th anniversary.  I made cherry pie (his fave), and he's cooking us lamb chops (my fave).
« Last post by Larissa on March 27, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »
OMG, I love Showboat!  I saw it on Broadway years ago, and the guy that sang Old Man River... I never wanted him to stop.  That VOICE.  I can hear it in my head even now.

Didn't get nearly everything done this weekend that I intended, but it was a good weekend regardless.

Tonight after work, I have to pop by the library for a book, go home and bake a cherry pie, and then when Eric gets home from his wood turners meeting, rebuild the bottom half of the guinea pig palace (we did the top half yesterday, which is part of why we didn't get everything done that we actually intended).  And spin yarn.
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on March 27, 2017, 05:15:05 AM »
Well Ms Marty there is a lil singer in you..... :D...I too have sung titles from Showboat as our church every year puts on a Broadway Show.
Never mind, it was beautiful food was delish and I set at a table with 5 ladies from the country, cow raising ladies, who didn't mince words, it was so funny, our table conversations. They tell it like it is and were also - what we would consider- way to nosy.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well that's just how they are....and all of them made sure I knew that they were Trump Supporters....I wont go there on here....but it was very entertaining....
Have a good week you all....
« Last post by MsMartyD on March 26, 2017, 09:48:53 PM »
I  love  SHOWBOAT!   I  sang  Make Believe   for   my  first  voice  recital  when  I  was  14.
The  whole  show  is  beautiful.
« Last post by myeuropeantouch on March 25, 2017, 05:02:43 AM »
Beautiful pens Larissa,  :)

I am treating myself to a matinee at our Alhambra Dinner Theater at noon to the musical "Show Boat". I will chose Salmon and all that wonderful food that comes with it and know already I need a to go box. The most well known song from that musical "Old man river".
I am so looking forward to this, a nice break in my tumultuous life right now.....you all have a good weekend
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10