Author Topic: Help! Buyer order won't go through Paypal  (Read 3184 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Buyer order won't go through Paypal
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 12:59:33 PM »
I changed your payment address to one of my paypal accounts. I made a successful transaction from your shop account https://handmadeartists.com/shop-sale/NatureCornerstore you should have received an email of the sale. However the money from the test product went to my account as I used my paypal email address in the payment methods.

I would contact paypal and see what the issue is with your account. Or you could create another paypal account and we can test that for a sale

What site did the buiyer purchase your items from, and was it the same paypal account?

I checked your paypal email address that you had in payment methods and it is the same one you are using for your subscription with us, so it is valid.

Offline NatureCornerstore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 05:16:13 PM »
Something very bad is happening.

I tried numerous times with different Paypal accounts and different credit cards to buy my test product and each time the transaction was canceled. At last that is what the message said when I clicked on the link to go back to handmadeartists.com from the PayPal transaction.

I just looked at my Visa bill and guess what?
Jul 28, 2013 PAYPAL *NATURESTORE 4029357733 ON

Jul 28, 2013 PAYPAL *NATURESTORE 4029357733 ON

Jul 28, 2013 PAYPAL 4029357733 ON Expand
 Foreign Currency
Jul 27, 2013 PAYPAL *NATURESTORE 4029357733 ON

Jul 27, 2013 PAYPAL *NATURESTORE 4029357733 ON

Jul 27, 2013 PAYPAL 4029357733 ON Expand
 Foreign Currency
 Foreign Currency
 Foreign Currency
So, some of the transactions are going through but I am not receiving an order confirmation in my handmadeartists site  and no order email. So the money is being withdrawn from my Visa fthrough paypal but I am NOT getting the order notice anywhere.

Man, this is frustrating. I have a big promotion happening next weekend. The flyers have been sent out and handmadeartist is one of the sites being promoted. I HAVE to get it solved before then.

I emailed PayPal yesterday. I hope they respond tomorrow.

I won't be attempting to buy my test product anymore. It's obvious I'll just keep accrueing charges. I am not getting any Paypal transaction notices in my Paypal account either.

oh woe!

Di

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
This is very very strange. I forwarded your last post to our developer to see if he can make sense of it. However like I said earlier I did a transaction on your shop with my paypal account as your payment method and  it was successful.
Something is very strange with your paypal account. Hopefully they have an answer, I'm curious if it is a setting in your account.
The only other thought is to open up another paypal account.
In 3 years this is the first that I have heard of something like this.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »
Well, Andrew,we have to remember the problem started with a buyer having difficulty purchasing from my handmadeartist.com site. Yet, she had no problem using Paypal from my Artfire site.

The handmadeartist site is  involved somehow. 

I already opened up two more new accounts with PayPal using different credit cards and bank accounts. As well, I had my husband open up a bank account at PayPal. None of these accounts informed me that purchase payments went through. We know, however that a few payments from at least a dozen attempts did go through our credit card but with no notification to me the vendor that I had orders. And you can see there are no orders in my handmadeartist account.

Oddly, I have been making PayPal purchases with these new Paypal accounts just to make sure they work. And all is well.  In fact, I just made an order from Beadaholique using Paypal. The transaction was okay.

And I just made a test product purchase from my Artfire site. It went through. I right after attempted to make a test purchase from the handmadeartist site and again I ran into the canceled order message Your payment can't be completed. Please return to the participating website and try again and "Payment canceled".

So the problem specifically has to do with the routing back to handmadeartists from PayPal. Some of the orders are going through but I am not seeing them or getting notice of them via handmadeartists site.

I have emailed PayPal and hopefully they will respond. Do you have any connections yourself for handmadeartists.com with PayPal that you could pursue as well?

This is sure taking up a lot of your time and mine as well.

Diane

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 06:38:32 AM »
I forwarded this to my developer, it is now definitely over my head as I have no idea now.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 03:11:26 PM »
Diane,
I believe paypal has been trying to reach out to you. We have a department there that looks out after our site as we do a decent amount of business with them. They are looking into your account and were trying to contact you.
We'll get to the bottom of it.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 03:14:56 PM »
Looks like a sale just came through for you.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
I was away today.  But I think the problem has been resolved. I just made a test purchase and it went through.

I suspect it has something to do with the limits placed on the fraud management in my Paypal profile. I received an email from them asking me to set those limits. I have never tinkered with that section before, in fact, I never knew it existed. When I went to th fraud management area in my Paypal profile, I could see that there were not only limits placed on unconfirmed addresse paypal purchases. I don't know how they got there and they certainly never kicked in for my Artfire purchases, but once I changed them and tried to purchase my test product on handmadeartists.com, the sale went through okay.

Paypal said they just changed their policy to allow  purchases from buyers with unconfirmed addresses. Maybe this kicked in the limits that were set on my account and my account rejected them. Who knows...

I just got your forum email Andrew. I will contact Paypal.

Diane

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 03:25:04 PM »
Did you receive an email from a man named David, he is part of the paypal support team dedicated to our site. He has been following this thread as well.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 03:27:47 PM »
No. I  received an email from Earl earlier

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 03:33:16 PM »

Please get David to contact me at

Di

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
I deleted the email address, we have it.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 04:27:38 PM »
Thanks/Merci Andrew.

David just called me. He said he had tweaked my PayPal account today and that might be why the sale went through this afternoon. Anyways, I am to keep a close eye on my store and PayPal transactions, especially after tonight, and contact you if I encounter anymore problems. So it doesn't sound like the problem was due to the fraud management settings, but I learnt something.

Is there a less public way for me to contact you or do you want us to continue using this forum, if I run into anymore problems?

I truly appreciate your effort to resolve this and your willingness to help. So many website administrators are ghosts to their clients. I know I sound very frustrated in the above replies. It's nothing personal.

Goodnight...I won't bug you this evening.
Diane

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
Sure just email us. Hit the contact on the bottom of the site.