Author Topic: A HAF Purchase I Made for a Friend's Wedding  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
A HAF Purchase I Made for a Friend's Wedding
« on: July 07, 2013, 01:03:49 PM »
So I mentioned in the general "what are you doing today" that I bought a bowl from LG Potter as a wedding gift.  It was a commission, so it doesn't show up on the shop, but he knows the sale came from here, so that's good.  This is actually my second purchase from him - the first was a very similar bowl I got for my sister for her birthday.  So he knows he's had 2 good sales because of HAF, even though payments were made directly.

And because he deems me a good customer, he gave me a free small bowl for ME!  It's so gorgous!

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
Re: A HAF Purchase I Made for a Friend's Wedding
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »
those are fantastic pieces.  about 40 years ago, i would go into the country to Bybee, KY and watch the potter throw clay on his wheel.  The process of making these bowls is so skilled. BTW, you can do these through HAF shop, just have the seller create a 99% off coupon and then put the item up, you immediately buy it and apply the coupon.  Nancy Pace and I have done this so the sale shows up in the shop statistics.  She was smart enough to do this, I didn't.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »
Yeah, I don't think he cares where he sells through.  He's got a shop here, E, AF, and a personal shop.  I just made sure he knew it was from here (and we did all our communication through the HAFShop messaging) so he'd know his investment in having a shop here was totally worth it.  I'd never have found him otherwise & have already spent more than enough to cover his shop here for 2 years.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 03:34:08 PM »
Very nice! I have several pieces that I bought when I had a potter in my B&M store and love them! Use them all the time.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »
Lovely purchase, Kimberly has been dabbling in pottery, she has been telling me how hard it is to get things just right.

Offline littlebigtop

• View Profile
    • Little Big Top Studio
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »
Lovely purchase, Kimberly has been dabbling in pottery, she has been telling me how hard it is to get things just right.

Tell her to check out the book "The Spirit of Clay"  it is a wonderful resource and very inspiring.

Larissa, those bowls are beautiful.  :)