Author Topic: Buyer Section Question  (Read 1267 times)

Offline ErinsInspirations

• View Profile
Buyer Section Question
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »
When I click on the 'Buyers' section (in between the 'My Products' and 'View My Orders' sections, I see a summary of some of my buyers information, including their email address, purchase amount, name and sl. no.  My question is, what order is this supposed to be sorted by?  Each sale has a serial number, right now i'm at 1-9, but for example yesterday I made a sale and instead of that sale being #9, she is #7.  Why is that? 
I have to check this section for each order because I email my templates and that's where I get the email address.  I'm just scared one day (when things get busy), I might have trouble keeping up when the sales are out of order.  It would be easier if the most recent sale was listed last or something.  Or if a column was there to indicate the sale date that would be great... Because if I'm entering my sales into a spreadsheet, how can I keep track of which ones I've already entered without the dates?   
Thanks for your help!

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
Re: Buyer Section Question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 01:35:28 PM »
Was the buyer a repeat customer?  Then the entries could be sorted by order of original purchase.  Otherwise, Andrew or Kimberly will be along eventually and you will get the real answer.  Sorry, I am not the programmer, that just seems to be logical.  I had never looked at that section until you posed your question.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »
I'd never looked at it either (with one sale no need to) but yes please Andrew could you add date of sale either to this section or to our sold orders section,  just to make our overall book-keeping easier. Thanks.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 08:06:27 AM »
We will address this in the new version.

Offline ErinsInspirations

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »
Thanks! That sounds good :). I guess another way to double check is through PayPal, but can still be confusing if you have other venues linked to PayPal.