Author Topic: Magic Finding Inquiries  (Read 13269 times)

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
Magic Finding Inquiries
« on: June 12, 2013, 01:05:02 AM »
Has anyone used or currently uses a crimp called Magic Finding?

I found this while looking though a supply site yesterday. The Magic Finding is a special crimp bead for multi strand (up to seven) projects. Here is the link -http://www.themagicfinding.com/index.html

Interesting, but you must use special pliers, and the Omega Inserts (goes with the magic finding). Price for the pliers is 30.00, Price for findings range 5.00 ? 10.00, and the Omega Inserts range 1.80 ? 4.50 (prices from Rio Grande)

If anyone has any remarks or thoughts about this crimp bead I would love to hear about it.
Thanks!
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
Re: Magic Finding Inquiries
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:59:34 AM »
Isn't that a bit expensive if doing things for resale?

Hi Lisa, Not for resale… I am interested in using it for a 5 strand bracelet and wanted to know how others liked it. But, having to use only their findings and crimper is a bit costly… however if  it works… it’s an alternative finding for me.
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Finding Inquiries
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 10:46:50 AM »
I agree that it is pretty cool. Seems to eliminate the need for a crimp cover. I think I would be concerned about all those strands with just a single crimp to hold it all together, especially if it's a little heavy. Cost prohibitive for me. Maybe when I hit the "big time"!  ;D