Author Topic: Bangle Bracelets-How to Determine Wire Length  (Read 15820 times)

Offline UrbanJule

• Creativity takes courage. --Henri Matisse
    • View Profile
Bangle Bracelets-How to Determine Wire Length
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:33:37 AM »
I want to start making some personalized bangles and have an inquiry from a customer who says her hand size is 10 inches in circumference (I gave her directions on how to measure her hand for a bangle, which I found on the web).  Do I make the length of the wire 10" to fit over the widest part of her hand or should I make it just short of 10 so it will fit a little more snugly?  I can't find any info on the net on how to determine the correct length of wire for each bangle size (XS, S, M, L, EXL) and would be grateful if anyone here has some knowledge or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: Bangle Bracelets-How to Determine Wire Length
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:20:09 AM »
I am no expert on this by any means, but I would think that it would have to be the 10" to be able to fit over her hand.  For myself, if I can't get it over my hand comfortably, I won't wear it.

Just my thoughts.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:47:07 PM »
I would think you would need a little more length depending on how you are finishing the ends of the wire. Will it be soldered into a circle?

Offline sandalee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »
I make bangles with clasps.  In that case you would measure the wrist.  If you need help with this, let me know.