Author Topic: Could I get a shop critique please?  (Read 16962 times)

Offline CrayonJungle

• View Profile
    • Crayon Jungle
Could I get a shop critique please?
« on: March 07, 2013, 03:40:56 PM »
At this point I'm just stocking ready-to-ship items. I would love a critique of my shop, specifically pricing. Do my prices seem okay?

I try to go for a variety in my pictures. I know my bunny rabbit pictures could be better but how does everything else look?

Thank you in advance. Any and all comments are appreciated!

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
Re: Could I get a shop critique please?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
The first thing I look at in any shop is the "Profile."  You do not have an entered profile.  Much of that material, I found under shop policies.  Your policies are fine.  You might want to check with USPS about the cost of sending mail to other countries.  I just spent over $30 to send a small package to Canada (flat rate box).  I really do not know what the going rates are for crocheted items, but divide your price by the time it takes you to make each item and see if you are even making minimum wage.  If you would make more asking "Would you like fries with that?" then your prices are too low.  Your pictures are fine.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline CrayonJungle

• View Profile
    • Crayon Jungle
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 09:16:23 PM »
Hi John,

I appreciate your comments. I hadn't realized I still needed to work on my profile. I'm new to this site still so I will be sure to do that. My store on Etsy is all set up and established so I need work on this one.

Oh wow, I knew that prices had gone up for shipping to other countries but that is insane! I usually can use a poly mailer so that cuts costs down a lot but that really is crazy! Thank you for the heads up.

I know I'm not making much at all with my items. But even on Etsy where I'm established I can't seem to sell most of it at the prices I have much less if they were higher. I think that crochet is really hard for that as I've heard that from a lot of people. I think that's why I've been drawn to jewelry. Crochet is an area I just feel stuck in if I try to sell anything.

Again, I appreciate your time and comments!

Offline SewSimplyBeauty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 09:07:15 PM »
Your shop is great! You have a lot of items up and that is really great.
I think your prices are right on target too!
Good Luck and I hope you are very successful!
Debra (SewSimplyBeauty)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »
I think your items are adorable and priced well.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
I love your items and the prices seem to be spot on to me.  Just an FYI, you will find the same thing with jewelry.  There are so many people selling jewelry, it must be unique or something special in order to get really good sales.  Otherwise people just have to find you and like you and your work.

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »
Your shop looks great, I don't know crochet prices but I do think we all need to price so that we actually earn something.
You might want to delete the spaces between your lines in your announcement.  That way, it might be possible to see your things without scrolling down.
I sell jewelry and with all the jewelry vendors online, it is far from easy to sell jewelry.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »
I sell jewelry and with all the jewelry vendors online, it is far from easy to sell jewelry

No kidding! It's not even that easy in person these days.