Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1212003 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1845 on: August 26, 2012, 08:39:08 PM »
Welcome Katie! Jump right in and make yourself at home.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 26, 2012, 11:26:12 PM »
Wel
Hello Everyone,

My name is Katie Rose, and I enjoy designing and making handmade jewelry.  About 6 years ago I bought a beautiful pair of earrings with a cool wire design and realized that I had the ability to make it myself.  I started experimenting and came into a style of my own.

I started out just making a few pieces here and there for friends and family, and after years of encouragement have decided to share my designs with the rest of the world.

I really enjoy seeing others designs and often get inspired all over again!  I hope to get to know you all better :)

Thanks!
~Katie Rose
[/quote
Welcome Katie, I have had the pleasure of seeing some of your work already with the zipper roses.  Wonderful, what a gift you have.  You will love it here.

Offline FlourishThriveAcademy

• View Profile
    • Flourish & Thrive Academy
« Reply #1847 on: September 04, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
Hi Handmade Artists,

My name is Tracy Matthews. I am a jewelry designer and a mentor. Along with my friend, Robin Kramer, I started a site called Flourish & Thrive Academy, to offer free content and advice to jewelry designers.

http://flourishthriveacademy.com

Please get in touch if there is a way we can be of service to you. I am also looking forward to guest blogging for Handmade Artists.

With love, Tracy (& Robin)
Tracy & Robin
Flourish & Thrive Academy
Where jewelry designers go to get business savvy

Facebook: http://facebook.com/flourishthriveacademy
Twitter: @flourish_thrive
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/flourishthrive/

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 04, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »
Welcome Tracy and Robin.  We are glad to have you here.  Thanks for joining us.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: September 04, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
Welcome Tracy and Robin, hope to looking forward to your guest contributions!

Offline jennyandtedy

• View Profile
    • http://www.jennyandteddy.com/
« Reply #1851 on: September 05, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »
Hi guys,
I am Jane from jennyandteddy. I am crochetaholic. I am started out just making a few crochet toys for family and friend then I start to enjoy designing pattern and shared them with lovely people who l love to crochet.

It's great to get to know you guys here.
Check out my crochet blog for free patterns.
http://www.jennyandteddy.com/

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: September 05, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
Welcome to the group Jane.  Glad to have you here.  Good to know someone else who crochets.  I have been crocheting off and on for many many years, though always with a pattern, never designing.  I love it and as it happens I have just become the latest crochet instructor at my local Michaels's store.  So I may need to make you my buddy to bounce ideas off of to get this class off the ground.

You will like it here the folks are great and very very helpful.

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:31 AM »
Another WELCOME to the group.  Do get involved in the forum and if you want in chat on Thursday evenings (my time).  You will find all sorts of folk here in multiple genres.  If you have any questions, ask.  Someone will come along with an answer, or two, or three.....

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: September 07, 2012, 08:14:45 AM »
Hi guys,
I am Jane from jennyandteddy. I am crochetaholic. I am started out just making a few crochet toys for family and friend then I start to enjoy designing pattern and shared them with lovely people who l love to crochet.

It's great to get to know you guys here.

Welcome glad to have you with us! Jump in and make yourself feel at home. :D

Offline WhatsoeverThingsAreLovely

• View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: September 09, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »
Hi, my name is Connie;
I'm not sure I'm in the right place. Is this a jewelry forum or crochet?  I didnt read them all but it seem to be a jewelry forum.  Excuse me if it is, I was just wanting to introduce myself.  I started doing crafts years ago as a hobby. I worked for over 20 years in corporate law doing computerized billing.  I was downsized and found myself out of a job.  Then because of my age I had a hard time finding work.  Then I had some serious health issues.  So I started doing what I could to stay afloat.  Now I create angels and dolls that are inspired by scriptures from the bible, people I meet, phrases I hear and so many things that are inspired by my faith in Christ. I made lemonade from the lemons!  I love what I do. I have not made near the money I use to make but I dont wake up hating to go to work sometimes but i do have to hustle more than I ever thought.  I have three children and three grandchildren all of whom are my delight.  I am a big Jane Austen fan and I love Tyler Perry movies.  I am sometimes bewildered by all the social media and I try to keep up with it but I would rather sew and design dolls than keep up with them all.  I do try but it can be a bit much. I am learning more and probably need to set up a schedule.  Where I am I can't have a dog so i am having an affair with my neighbors beautiful black chow.  She lets me give him treats and He comes and barks for them.  He's a riot.  I m a fabricoholic I love pretty fabrics, ribbons, buttons and stuff.  I wake up every day praying for the Lord to bless me and take it from there.  I've learned appreciation for the simple things and wake up happy to be able to do what I do.  Even if I eat Ramen noodles sometimes.  LOL

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: September 10, 2012, 12:11:04 AM »
Hi Connie, you are in the right place.  This forum and these shops are for anything handmade.  Glad to see you here and look forward to getting to know you.  I have jewelry listings but also do crochet and paint a little.  Not selling any of that yet but plan to.  Love your angel idea, be sure to post some pics for us all to see. 

Again, welcome to the crazy crowd of handmade artists.

Offline FlourishThriveAcademy

• View Profile
    • Flourish & Thrive Academy
« Reply #1857 on: September 10, 2012, 03:28:06 AM »
Thank you for welcoming us Pam! It's great to be here!
Tracy & Robin
Flourish & Thrive Academy
Where jewelry designers go to get business savvy

Facebook: http://facebook.com/flourishthriveacademy
Twitter: @flourish_thrive
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/flourishthrive/

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: September 10, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »
Connie wonderful to have you with us! Jump right in, one thing about this community that I can tell you, is that you get out of it what you put into it!
So kick off the shoes, take a seat and hang out for a while  :laugh:

Offline SunflowersOasis

• View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 10, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Chrissy and I am the creator of Sunflower's Oasis. I have been creating unique things for over a decade! I am 28 and I have 5 month old twin boys. The greatest surprises ever. I guess u could consider what I do as hippie things! I make hula hoops, jewelry, clothing, tie dye, crochet etc.. my tgings are a little diferent from the norm BUT thats what makes what I do art and it makes me an artist! Im on pinterest, etsy and Facebook. I do more business thru facebook tho. Check my page out I do giveaways so u could be lucky and win. I loove to travel and usually end up wherever music will take me. Alot of my stuff I make I sell and concerts and music festivals! Well I think that just about sums me up for the most part :) much love and how you stop by and say hi some time!