Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 301644 times)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1785 on: February 16, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »
Hello to all,

I am new here and excited to be here.  My shop is Theprimitiveattic and I am just setting up.  I am new to social media so will be setting that up as well.  I am looking forward to getting to know the community and all of you.  Any advice would be great.
Thank you
Dory
Welcome glad to have you here, your signs are great by the way. I noticed in your shop announcement that you do different types of signs, so I just wanted to suggest that you use shop sections by style or type of signs. That would help buyers find the different styles of signs you have in your shop easier. I wrote an article on it here http://handmadeartists.com/blog/shop-sections hope that helps and welcome :D

Online iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1786 on: February 16, 2012, 03:48:41 PM »
Hello! I'm new to the forums here, and wanted to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me. My name is Susan.  I'm a super creative that likes to muddle in lots of creative areas.

I lead a large network of artists and social sites for artists that promote and teach others how to effectively sell online.  This may include fun activities that are targeted to teach.

I am an artist like you!
I started out as a jewelry artist selling my seed bead jewelry locally and to friends.  As time went on, and two years later, I pulled out of the Mall shoppe and into the internet at Etsy for the first time. This was three years ago. I tried Artfire there after a few months after I started Etsy. 
I have gone through the hard knocks and learned from experience.  I had always wished I had someone to teach me when I started out.  So this is my goal.  Is to be what I wished I had always had from the beginning.

I don't do this much for money, or for selfish gain, but to help others find success. It's not about money for me, it's about supporting handmade from ground zero.

Susan

So delighted to see you here, Susan!  We are always looking for input and advice from those who have "been there, done that."  Welcome!

Offline thepeasantpailfull

• View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 17, 2012, 12:07:15 AM »
 :( oh I missed the chat again I believe. Well thought I would post an introduction still. I don't have a shop but I may change from buyer account later. If I do I would be making bags and felt bookmarks,possibly some felty cottony glass magnets.

Nothing really exciting from the sound but I believe you can make it things exciting by your unique spin and I try to do so. I certainly have had some good responses from friends but not my "critical audience" as they say I'm sure. It's nice to have something that's both a little more low key and also strictly handmade. It's become such an operative term these days its a shame.

I haven't been able to attach any images yet but hope to get around to doing so soon.

Offline nettie

• View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 17, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »
 : :-* :-*hi,im nettie,ilove making bracelets.hoping to have several stores online soon,write soon,nettie

Offline PinkCupcake

• View Profile
    • Pink Cupcake's Jewel Cratfing
« Reply #1789 on: February 18, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
Hiya! I'm new here too. My name is Stef. :)
I also love to craft! I have an etsy page for my jewelry, and I also like to knit, paint, sew.. you name it. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Offline CrochetHooked

• Contributor
  • Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #1790 on: February 18, 2012, 09:11:21 PM »
Hi there Nettie and Stef!
:D :D  Welcome! Good to see you! ;D ;D
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline Daft Crafts

• View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 20, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »
Hi guys! I'm Cody. I always see tweets from HAF and thought today I'd take the time to sit down and see what it's all about. :)

I'm a 26 year old mom for the midwest. I own two businesses, one is handmaking monsters, called Lu & Ed, and the other is a brick and mortar store called Daft Crafts. The focus of Daft Crafts is to sell handmade wares at affordable prices to make it easier for consumers to shop handmade instead of big box stores. We offer art education classes to help the community explore new mediums and make new connections. It's really fun! We don't take a cut of the sales or anything, and instead, we charge $20 a month to advertise for people on FB, Twitter, Blogger, our website, and at craft shows. :)

I have always been pretty crafty. When I was younger I used to paint ceramics and won second place in national contests a few times. I started sewing about 2.5 years ago and love it! :) I use a borrow Bernina named Bernie for my monster making, which was my first project and it just so happened to turn into my livelihood! :D

I love all arts and exploring new mediums. I can't wait to make new friends here!

Offline GirlyBling4U

• View Profile
    • Artfire.com
« Reply #1792 on: February 20, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »
Hi! My name is Ashley 28 from Florida in my free time I enjoy making handmade beaded jewelry. Im also a stay at home mother of two beautiful children. I concider myself a novice jewelry maker since Ive only been beading for about 2 years. Im just now starting to try my hand at new things. Im interested in resin jewelry I thought it would be a good idea so I could make the perfect center pieces for my necklaces. I love all things crafty and handmade. :P
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/GirlyBling4U

Come Check out my shop! Cute handmade affordable jewelry pieces!

Offline celtcraft

• View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 20, 2012, 06:31:01 PM »
Hi! I'm Kerry, a glass artist from Utah. I teach classes and sell my wares on artfire/etsy.

I've been following the forum on Twitter and thought I'd stop by and see what it was all about. I'm horrible at checking in at forums that are set up this way... unless I get bugged, I forget easily! Please feel free to email me or contact me through one of my shops if I miss something, lol!

Offline QuillingbySandraWhite

• View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:36 PM »
Greetings from New Hampshire. I am new here and have just set up my shop, QuillingbySandraWhite. My 38 years of shows has brought me to on line shops. Check out my quilling, which is narrow strips of paper rolled and used to create beautiful wildlife pictures, and let me know what you think. thanks, Sandy

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1795 on: February 20, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »
Greetings from New Hampshire. I am new here and have just set up my shop, QuillingbySandraWhite. My 38 years of shows has brought me to on line shops. Check out my quilling, which is narrow strips of paper rolled and used to create beautiful wildlife pictures, and let me know what you think. thanks, Sandy

OMG, that's gorgeous!

Offline hannagrrl

• View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 20, 2012, 10:47:51 PM »
Hi.
Larissa convinced me to join after she introduced me to Kim (?) and Andrew (?) at Wicked this weekend.
I've dabbled in lots of crafts throughout my entire life, each time until my ADD kicks in, but usually not long enough to really *master* any skill.   However, I have a lot of confidence in my most recent endeavor (fairy wings) and I guess I'm here for moral support, guidance, and ideally a good place to make some money from my crafting.

Huzzah!  ^_^

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1797 on: February 20, 2012, 11:52:56 PM »
Hi.
Larissa convinced me to join after she introduced me to Kim (?) and Andrew (?) at Wicked this weekend.
I've dabbled in lots of crafts throughout my entire life, each time until my ADD kicks in, but usually not long enough to really *master* any skill.   However, I have a lot of confidence in my most recent endeavor (fairy wings) and I guess I'm here for moral support, guidance, and ideally a good place to make some money from my crafting.

Huzzah!  ^_^

Hanna's here!  And yup, Kim & Andrew.  But people you tell me if her fairy wings aren't awesome....

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1798 on: February 21, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »
Hi.

Huzzah!  ^_^

Hanna's here!  And yup, Kim & Andrew.  But people you tell me if her fairy wings aren't awesome....

Yes, the wings are awesome!

Offline hannagrrl

• View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 21, 2012, 09:01:14 AM »
Oh, Riss... at least steal the nicer-looking pic from my facebook!  :p