Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1151339 times)

Offline yofi

• View Profile
    • Yofi Design
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1545 on: January 27, 2012, 10:32:18 PM »
You're so sweet to give me much confidence!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1546 on: January 28, 2012, 06:37:28 AM »
Welcome, you hvae beautiful booties....

ourhometoyours

« Reply #1547 on: January 28, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »
Hello everyone!!!  I've been a member here for a few months (maybe more...I tend to lose my mind around December every year).  Please forgive me if I am repeating myself, but I can't remember if I introduced myself yet...My name is Debbi, and my daughter Amanda and I started our shop...ourhometoyours...on Etsy 2 years ago.  Made a lot of good friends there, but not enough in sales, so we have decided to diversify.  Our goal by this summer is to have our blog as our website, with a shop on etsy, here, and zibbet.  Plus we have a facebook fan page, and twitter...I have learned more these past 2 years about html and metatags and links and SEO, hahaha.  Amanda has her masters degree in graphic design and is a fantastic fine artist.  I am an artist with ADD, so you will see me try just about everything, jewelry, crochet, needlework, painting...BUT I have not tried chainmaille yet, lol.  My mother was an artist and passed her love of beauty to her children and grandchildren.  If you read my blog, you'll see that I love to talk about my childhood memories, my very large family, and about the fantastic artists I have met on-line.  And my very favorite subject is my grandson Owen (Amanda's 3 year old little boy).   ;)
I would like to become very active here in my shop and in the forum, and I am really enjoying the Thursday evening chats!  I've joined the blog ring, so I'm sure I'll be getting to know you all better in the near future.
Debbi

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1548 on: January 31, 2012, 06:31:23 AM »
Hello everyone!!!  I've been a member here for a few months (maybe more...I tend to lose my mind around December every year).  Please forgive me if I am repeating myself, but I can't remember if I introduced myself yet...My name is Debbi, and my daughter Amanda and I started our shop...ourhometoyours...on Etsy 2 years ago.  Made a lot of good friends there, but not enough in sales, so we have decided to diversify.  Our goal by this summer is to have our blog as our website, with a shop on etsy, here, and zibbet.  Plus we have a facebook fan page, and twitter...I have learned more these past 2 years about html and metatags and links and SEO, hahaha.  Amanda has her masters degree in graphic design and is a fantastic fine artist.  I am an artist with ADD, so you will see me try just about everything, jewelry, crochet, needlework, painting...BUT I have not tried chainmaille yet, lol.  My mother was an artist and passed her love of beauty to her children and grandchildren.  If you read my blog, you'll see that I love to talk about my childhood memories, my very large family, and about the fantastic artists I have met on-line.  And my very favorite subject is my grandson Owen (Amanda's 3 year old little boy).   ;)
I would like to become very active here in my shop and in the forum, and I am really enjoying the Thursday evening chats!  I've joined the blog ring, so I'm sure I'll be getting to know you all better in the near future.
Debbi

Hi Debbi, Amanda...good to see you here....♥ Monika
You know already I love your art♥

hippiescreations

« Reply #1549 on: January 31, 2012, 09:35:58 PM »
Hey everyone,

so I opened up a shop here and figure I might as well take the time to introduce myself  8)

My name is Petra and I've been crafting all my life it seems. I primarily crochet to my hearts desire, but I also wood burn when the mood hits.

I'm a single mom of 4 boys (19,17,13 and 8) yes I happily contributed to the male population  :-[
My youngest was born with a rare genetic disorder that  caused some brain damage - though you can't tell if you were to see him but when you get to know him more you'll notice his delay BUT that doesn't stop this kid from living.. anywho he underwent several liver transplants to save his life (last on was Jan 2011) and is now doing amazing - but before I go blabbering about his amazing will to live - its because of those reasons I can't work out of the home  :-\ as a trained counselor. So I thought I would do the thing I know how to do best - crochet, wood burn and crafts of all kinds  :D

I did manage to open a brick and mortar store in my town helping 40 other local Artists sell their work and an Art Center hoping other people get excited about creating! The advantage is I can still take care of my son since well I am my own boss... and who doesn't like to calling the shots?  8)

Anywho, since my son is much better these days - and I am still the only breadwinner - le sigh - I am working a lot harder these days - so that's my story...

While I crochet all the time the majority of items are made to order because sometimes sell as soon as I show a picture  :-* but I may even still have them in stock.. but you know just in case I sell them at my own store - ya never know  :-X

I listed a few things tonight.. and will continue do to more when I'm not so sleepy

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:53:13 PM by hippiescreations »

ourhometoyours

« Reply #1550 on: February 01, 2012, 08:39:06 AM »
Oh, thank you Monika...you know how much I love your shop...especially the violins  ;)
and welcome to the forum Hippie...you'll have to join the blog ring and share the awesome story of your awesome son some time.  We have a special needs child also, and they are a blessing.
Debbi

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
« Reply #1551 on: February 04, 2012, 01:04:10 AM »
Welcome Petra  ;D   A fellow Crocheter...lol  Enjoyed looking around your shop!   ;)
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1552 on: February 04, 2012, 07:55:08 AM »
Welcome all...so many, many goodies and ALL HANDMADE, can you imagining....hahahahaha....

Good Morning, Debbi good to see you hear, and yes Hippy I agree we will love to hear the story of God's miracles....please share ina blog post or so...

Happy Saturday.... :-*

I am so sorry I am never available on Thursday's, have choir practice and cant take part in the chat.... :(

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 05, 2012, 07:29:06 AM »
Welcome to all the new comers! Jump right in and enjoy  ;D

Offline vulpineartifier

• View Profile
    • My Etsy Shop
« Reply #1554 on: February 06, 2012, 07:01:20 PM »
Hi! I'm vulpineArtifier (or Vulpie for short, I guess since that's what people seem to call me while chatting) and I'm new here!

Not really sure what to put on here but here goes...

I'm currently a college student majoring in industrial design. I've always loved arts and crafts and I love learning new things (it's how boredom is best kept at bay). I primarily do chainmaille, but like I said, I like to learn new things so I do other things too! I guess I mostly do jewelry but I'm slowly figuring out how to do things like sculpture too!
*/\_/\
<o . o> -VA-
*(___)
***\-/
Visit my Etsy shop: http://vulpineartifier.etsy.com

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1555 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:22 AM »
Welcome Vulpine.....good to see you here....have to check out your shop....LOL

Good Morning everyone.....♥

Nancy Pace

« Reply #1556 on: February 10, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »
Hello! I am an artist from Southern Illinois, I love to do art jewelry, to paint,hunt rocks, metal smith,sculpt I guess I am fearless about trying new and different things.
I enjoy blogging about my projects and teaching my art. I believe in giving back by encouraging other people to chase their dreams, a kind word cost nothing and is worth more than gold:)
And now you know I have a lot of words,LoL! :)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 12, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »
Welcome to all the new comers, jump right in and enjoy! Make sure you list some of you latest creations in the gallery area of the forum so we can see your work.

Luv2ScrapForU

« Reply #1558 on: February 15, 2012, 02:00:24 PM »
Hi all, I'm new!

I am a stay at home mom of three girls and two (very) spoiled mutts! ;)

I started scrapbooking 12 years ago when my husband moved us out to the middle of nowhere (!) I was bored out of my mind and he suggested I find a hobby. I did, I absolutely LOVE scrapbooking and here I am! I started digital scrapping last year and recently took up another hobby..card making on my computer. It is so much fun!!

I am looking forward to getting to know others here! :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1559 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »
Welcome to the new peeps!  Make sure to post photos of the stuff you make in the forum galleries.  We LOVE pix!