Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1088506 times)

Offline Talena

• View Profile
    • The Primitive Hutch
Re: Oldie but Newbie Returns!
« Reply #1455 on: November 03, 2011, 06:54:31 AM »

Wow, Sewcute - where do you find the time to do all of this??? I have one website and I'm finding it hard to keep up at times.  What's your secret?  You don't sleep? :)
[/quote]
hi dear,
Well it's not easy to do this but I usually don't feed hubby. lol
No...I feed him and once he is relaxed and watching the game or on his laptop...I'm off to my craft room to get things rolling. lol

Offline Talena

• View Profile
    • The Primitive Hutch
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1456 on: November 03, 2011, 06:57:10 AM »
Hi,

My name is Connie and I'm new here. Tried to update my signature so not sure if it will work until I post and look at this but my website is www.connie-creates.com.

I started with baking cakes, cookies, cupcakes and all that fun stuff. I now make handmade hair bows for little girls.(Started because of my neice :)) I currently have some halloween and a turkey bow on my site. I would like to see what you all think. I have just put the website up and I don't have any outside critique just yet since everyone visiting are close friends and family. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Hi connie,
Welcome and glad to meet you. I love your London cake...I have a sweet tooth for all sorts of cookies and cakes of course. :-)
Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Offline Bo-bo

• We design & handmade stylish camera straps!
    • View Profile
    • iMo Camera Strap
« Reply #1457 on: November 04, 2011, 02:25:07 AM »
Hi there, it's my turn!
I'm Bo-bo from Hong Kong. I start making camera straps last year.

I dreamed to have my own brand for years!!! Previously, I was crazy busy in working! I worked in exhibition & event marketing since graduated, and it's quite exhausted to be so busy! So, I quit my job last year & planned to work as a freelancer for event marketing. 

Before that, I went to Scandinavia by myself & wished to plan my path ahead.  On the way from Oslo to Bergen, I met a beautiful girl in the train. She's a handmade jewellery artist. She shown her earrings & told me that was designed by her.  And what she's going to do was showing her design to her client in Bergen. She said she also got a branch in Hong Kong too!! At that time, she's just a shinning angel in my eye, so charming, just because she's her dream & confidence!

Maybe it's her to inspire me/ trigger me to start making camera straps & have my brand.  Though it's just a start for my handmade business, I think it shouldn't give up so easily!! I'll try to let more & more & more people know our handmade camera strap. Our business is not so well now, just because not so many people know about our products! It's at competitive price & good quality !!! So, I'll try my best to do our marketing!!! If you have any ideas for us, please send me a message!
:)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:27:12 AM by Bo-bo »

Offline jhluxurycrafts

• View Profile
    • J&H Luxury Crafts - Fine Hand-Crafted Gifts & Collectables
New to the forum
« Reply #1458 on: November 06, 2011, 02:48:02 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am the owner of http://www.jhluxurycrafts.com and I am an avid carver, crafter, and batik maker. I have been running my business for the last couple of years on a small scale and have finally decided to take the plunge and move it online.

I look forward to many a lively discussion.
To find the finest hand-crafted carvings and batiks, all of which are made entirely by hand, visit http://www.jhluxurycrafts.com

Offline KaeArtworks

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 06, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »
Hello. My name is Yasuko from Kae Artworks. I am faricholic. I sew bags/purses with various textiles from all over the world. I just imported authentic Kimono fabrics from Japan and came back from Hawaii where I handpicked lots of Hawaiian print fabrics.

My shop also have my mom's Japanese calligraphy artworks. So my business is a mother-and-daugher collaboration.

Please visit my Etsy shop:
http://www.kaeartworks.etsy.com

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/kae.artworks

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/kaeartworks

Offline Galloping Glass

• View Profile
    • Galloping Glass hand beaded ornaments
« Reply #1460 on: November 07, 2011, 04:03:25 AM »
Greetings all

I hand bead glass ornaments, never doing the same thing twice to keep from getting board.

When I can, I am out with my horses. Check out my blog below to see my pretty ponies.
An ornament is worth 1,000 beads.

Hand beaded, one-of-a-kind, glass, ornaments for Christmas and beyond.
http://GallopingGlass.etsy.com

The ornaments, the process, and the horses they support.
http://GallopingGlass.wordpress.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 08, 2011, 07:42:58 AM »
Welcome to all the new comers! Post some of your work in the Gallery section and make sure you take a peak at our shop as well. http://handmadeartistsshop.com

Offline Gabbys Quilts

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 08, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »
Hi,
My name is Ruth or you can call me Gabby, I am the owner of Gabby's Quilt shop. I have 3 shops, 2 shops on Etsy, one for supplies and the other is for the made items, and another one on Artfire. I specialize in Handcrafted Quilts, Wall Hangings, Table Runners and Embroidered gifts.
I have a full time job during the day and do the shops on nights and weekends. I have been sewing since I was a teenager, and my mom got me started making quilts about the same time I started having children.
I am looking forward to meeting everybody.

www.etsy.com/shop/gabbysquiltsupplies
www.etsy.com/shop/GabbysQuilts
www.GabbysQuilts.artfire.com
www.twitter.com/GabbysQuilts
www.gabbysquilts.blogspot.com
www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/gabbysquilts

Offline Prima_Donna_Beads

• View Profile
    • Prima Donna Beads
« Reply #1463 on: November 09, 2011, 11:41:02 AM »
Hi from the South Bay in California!

I make glass beads and jewelry... :)

Will post pics as soon as I get myself oriented with the forum...

Yay!  A new place to hang out!  I'm so excited to be here!

Offline MichaelaJewelry

• View Profile
    • Michaela Jewelry by Design
« Reply #1464 on: November 10, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum Prima Donna Beads!  I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Offline hotsauce1783

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 10, 2011, 09:15:48 PM »
Hello My name Marc I am a Disabled Vet and I make handmade beanies and scarfs.  Could you please leave me some feedback and let me know how I am doing thanks.

www.craftsbymarc.com

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1466 on: November 11, 2011, 01:44:05 AM »
Hello My name Marc I am a Disabled Vet and I make handmade beanies and scarfs.  Could you please leave me some feedback and let me know how I am doing thanks.

www.craftsbymarc.com

I think your site and things look great.  One thing, if your site allows for bigger pictures, I would do that.  You might want to consider a Handmade Artists' Shop as well.  I know they are much better at marketing and social media than I will ever be.

Offline LooneyLizard

• Supporting handmade
    • View Profile
    • Personalised handmade greeting cards by Looney Lizard
« Reply #1467 on: November 11, 2011, 04:38:27 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just signed up my HAF account, found you guys on Stumble upon :) and now to introduce myself.   :D

I live in Reading, Berkshire with my husband and our little dog and i have been making handmade cards for the last 5 or so years in my spare time. I have always received a lot of lovely feedback and people had been asking me about my website and that i should be selling my cards online, well i did not have one! I think the pressure had gotten too much, i decided to pester my husband (who designs/develops websites for a living) to build me a site. Of course a lot of bribery, brownie points, home cooked dinners, gifts etc were thrown in to sweeten the deal. (hehe)  ;)

Finally after shedding a lot of blood sweat and tears creating my new website, it finally launched back in feb 2011. http://www.looneylizardcreations.co.uk Any feedback is appreciated.

It's been a really rough ride promoting it, but finally it's taking off and i hope to start growing the business.

That's me really, all work at the moment not enough play :(

Sherrie

Offline MichaelaJewelry

• View Profile
    • Michaela Jewelry by Design
« Reply #1468 on: November 12, 2011, 08:06:40 PM »
Hi Sherrie,

Love your handmade cards!! yes, promoting is very time consuming, can be expensive, is trial and error finding which avenue of marketing/promoting works for your creation in your area. I wish my husband designed/developed website - it would make my life so much easier!  I'm originally from Liverpool but I now live in Santa Monica, California.  Do you do any shows or parties or do you mostly sell from your website?   

Offline LooneyLizard

• Supporting handmade
    • View Profile
    • Personalised handmade greeting cards by Looney Lizard
« Reply #1469 on: November 13, 2011, 08:49:58 AM »
Hi Margaret, yay a British gal at heart! Originally i am from Leeds, not too far from Liverpool. I Moved south to Reading (about 20 odd miles from Windsor) when I met my hubby 9 years ago.

Thank you for your lovely comment :) I have been looking at your jewellery, you have some lovely pieces. They look really luxurious and professionally made! Nice product pics!

Yes i am quite lucky in that respect, for years his profession had little interest for me until i decided to start selling my cards online. Now i could not live without his experience and talent (haha funny how things change) a one man shop for anything creative advertising/marketing related. Though i realise he spends a huge amount of time on improving my business (which would have cost me a fortune otherwise) i must do my part and keep him motivated with his favourite treats.

No i have not done any shows or parties yet, i have a stall coming up at a local craft fayre. It is my first event :) All of my cards are currently sold from my website or directly through people who live local. I would say 85% of my sales are online. Half of them on average come through google ads.

Do you host/attend many parties/shows?