Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1097636 times)

Offline ConniesCreations

• View Profile
    • Connie's Creations
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1440 on: October 19, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »
Hi,

My name is Connie and I'm new here. Tried to update my signature so not sure if it will work until I post and look at this but my website is www.connie-creates.com.

I started with baking cakes, cookies, cupcakes and all that fun stuff. I now make handmade hair bows for little girls.(Started because of my neice :)) I currently have some halloween and a turkey bow on my site. I would like to see what you all think. I have just put the website up and I don't have any outside critique just yet since everyone visiting are close friends and family. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Offline MichaelaJewelry

• View Profile
    • Michaela Jewelry by Design
« Reply #1441 on: October 19, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
@ Carina, Welcome to Handmade Artists' Forum!! I'm sure you'll get plenty of great tips and advice.  If you have any questions there is always somebody who has an answer.  I look forward to getting to know you!

@ Connie of Connie Creates.  Very nice website!  It's simple, uncluttered and easy to navigate. 

A couple of suggestions -

1.  Maybe add more photos of each item from different angles.  When customers are purchasing from the web they want to see as much of the product they are purchasing as possible seeing as they can't actually touch it. 

2.  Add more text to your pages to include your keywords.  Search engines look for text and keywords and the ratio of one to the other.  The more you explain your product and have your keywords listed a few times on each page search engines can find you better.  But don't overdo the keywords - search engines don't like this. Maybe 2 or 3 times on each page. 

Other than that I think you've done a lovely job of your website!

Offline andrewsiddle

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 20, 2011, 02:46:55 AM »
Hello everyone

I am andrew siddle i am new here. I am from Tacoma, my background is art and textiles.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1443 on: October 20, 2011, 09:22:43 AM »
Welcome to all the newcomers!  Pull up a chair and make yourself at home! 

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 25, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
Welcome to all the new comers make sure you post some of your work in the gallery so we can see your goodies

zoraida

« Reply #1445 on: October 26, 2011, 07:51:05 PM »
Hello everyone.  I just opened up shop here.  Hope you come to visit.   

zoraida

« Reply #1446 on: October 27, 2011, 06:57:54 AM »
Hi everyone!
I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly but wanted to introduce my self.  I'm Zoraida and just opened up a shop here for my jewelry.  Right now I'm doing wirework and working a bit with copper sheet but I have also made crochet items, illustrations and a few other things. Hope to meet some of you.   

I think I've created my signatures but just in case - http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/zoraida

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1447 on: October 28, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
Welcome Zoraida!  You will love your shop here!  If you have any questions, just ask...  someone is always around to lend a hand.

Offline SouthpawCrochet

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 29, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »
Hi everyone.  My name is Corrie and my shop's name is Southpaw Crochet.  I've crocheted on and off for 10yrs and just recently got back into it consistently.  I found Handmade Artists through LinkedIn and look forward to getting to know the site, forums and other artisans more  :)

http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/Southpaw_Crochet
http://southpawcrochet.etsy.com
http://facebook.com/southpawcrochet

Offline dlk limited

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 31, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »
(12:40:59) dlk_limited: I'm not sure where to begin with this introduction; I've put it off for a month now since setting up shop here. At 57 years old and starting my life all over after 33 years in a "sociopathi​c" marriage, I decided to go with my dreams -- One, being an artist and creating everyday and two, trying to sell my creations on-line which I know nothing about. I'm learning - on the job. I work with fabric, paper, clay, and beads. I need to know more about how things work on-line and any help from those of you who have been doing this for awhile would be greatly appreciated (reading books for "dummies" on how to do something takes forever!) I live in Washington state on the southwestern part of the coast near Astoria, OR. If anyone lives near there or in WA I like to hear from you. If you want to know a little more about me go to "About Me" in my shop. Live, Laugh and Dance that's my motto.

Offline Talena

• View Profile
    • The Primitive Hutch
Oldie but Newbie Returns!
« Reply #1450 on: November 01, 2011, 08:06:20 AM »
Hi all,
Well I finally realized that I was a member here! I went looking for some old graphics in my email and found my sign-in info. Man I'm getting old!

But since it's been awhile, i thought I would re-introduce myself. I'm Talena and a primaholic!  :D
I hail from NJ but live in VA for about 4 years now.
I'm a primitive/country doll designer and dabble in wood.
I own a few websites which keep me busy which are:
The Primitive Hutch, The Pattern Patch and a craft magazine called Mulberry Crafters.
I love creating and looking forward to sharing ideas and thoughts with you all!

Blessings to you

Offline MichaelaJewelry

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 01, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
(12:40:59) dlk_limited: I'm not sure where to begin with this introduction; I've put it off for a month now since setting up shop here. At 57 years old and starting my life all over after 33 years in a "sociopathi​c" marriage, I decided to go with my dreams -- One, being an artist and creating everyday and two, trying to sell my creations on-line which I know nothing about. I'm learning - on the job. I work with fabric, paper, clay, and beads. I need to know more about how things work on-line and any help from those of you who have been doing this for awhile would be greatly appreciated (reading books for "dummies" on how to do something takes forever!) I live in Washington state on the southwestern part of the coast near Astoria, OR. If anyone lives near there or in WA I like to hear from you. If you want to know a little more about me go to "About Me" in my shop. Live, Laugh and Dance that's my motto.

Hi there dlk Limited!! Welcome to the HAF!  You will get some great advice from all the knowledgable artists on this forum.  To start with I would suggest creating a 'signature' so every time you post you will have your website, Twitter, Facebook etc. URLs.  Also, do you have a Facebook Page?  If not I suggest you create one and start getting fans.  Also, do you have a Twitter account?  I think this is a must too - although I'm STILL trying to figure it out myself ??? Hope this helps a bit.

Offline MichaelaJewelry

• View Profile
Re: Oldie but Newbie Returns!
« Reply #1452 on: November 01, 2011, 11:12:36 AM »
Hi all,
Well I finally realized that I was a member here! I went looking for some old graphics in my email and found my sign-in info. Man I'm getting old!

But since it's been awhile, i thought I would re-introduce myself. I'm Talena and a primaholic!  :D
I hail from NJ but live in VA for about 4 years now.
I'm a primitive/country doll designer and dabble in wood.
I own a few websites which keep me busy which are:
The Primitive Hutch, The Pattern Patch and a craft magazine called Mulberry Crafters.
I love creating and looking forward to sharing ideas and thoughts with you all!

Blessings to you

Wow, Sewcute - where do you find the time to do all of this??? I have one website and I'm finding it hard to keep up at times.  What's your secret?  You don't sleep? :)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 01, 2011, 03:07:45 PM »
Welcome, welcome, welcome to all the newcomers (and those of you that forgot you were here!  :-\  )  Be sure to post pictures of your creations in the gallery and if you have any questions, please ask!  We don't bite, well, too often :evil:

Offline ChinaLady

• View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 02, 2011, 10:00:33 PM »
hi, my name is Chris, from Shenzhen,China. I work for a company which hold the exhibition show. This year I met a lot of artists who from different part of China through an art show, and I have a great impression on their artworks. I think if i could promote their artworks to abroad that would be a great thing. so we create the website that promote the traditional folk art of China, you will find the picture on http://www.handfolk.com/online-gallery.html