Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1099477 times)

catinalife

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1380 on: August 18, 2011, 08:39:15 AM »
I'm so confused, just getting my shop up and running here.  I'll figure it out.  always nice to meet other handmade crafters.  I do see a few familiar avi's

patbarden

« Reply #1381 on: August 18, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »
so--okay--ive set up my new shoppe here-- http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/mj --
just three bracelets so far--my plan is to switch it all here from the artfire shoppe--  http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/patbarden  --ihave everything there at 80% off--my plan is to put all my new styles here

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1382 on: August 19, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »
Welcome, new people!  The talent here just keeps getting better and better... it's a little intimidating!

Offline DivineBella

• Divine Bella-Handmade Jewelry
    • View Profile
    • www.divinebella.etsy.com
« Reply #1383 on: August 20, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
Hi everyone!

I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex (Alexandra). I am a recent College Grad and received my Bachelors of Arts. I have always been an art nerd and poud of it!! I love art of all kinds and enjoy making it as well. I especially love making my jewelry designs. I run a shop on Etsy sellilng my handmade jewelry. I am slowly starting out as I do work full time so I spend all of my free time maintaining my shop and coming up with new designs. It can be stressful at times but I wouldnt want it any other way! Thanks for the welcoming everyone!!

Oh I did have a question about setting up my account on here. I tried to add a picture to my account but I dont believe it worked..any suggestions?
Thanks again!

-Alex

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 20, 2011, 07:00:50 PM »
Oh I did have a question about setting up my account on here. I tried to add a picture to my account but I dont believe it worked..any suggestions?
Thanks again!

-Alex
Hi Alex you should just be able to go to your profile and upload a pic. Not sure what size you tried but keep it small maybe 125x125 and you should be fine. If you keep having issues you can pm me.Welcome and hope you have fun here.

Offline mj

• View Profile
    • my shoppe
« Reply #1385 on: August 21, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
im not getting the introduce yeself--icannot figure where to post--only to reply

Offline mj

• View Profile
    • my shoppe
« Reply #1386 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:18 PM »
okay--ihave it--finally. so, i'm mj--ijust opened me shoppehttp://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/mj here--

Offline SeventhChild

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 23, 2011, 11:55:28 AM »
Hi everyone. My name is Becky and my shop name is SeventhChild. I make jewelry and hand engrave glass among other things. It's a slow process but I'm stumbling around learning how to use this site. I have two stores on Art Fire. One of the same name and a supplies shop with mostly patterns and craft books that is called 2ndSeventhChild. I've only listed two items so far because I want to get my shop on Google Analytics  before going to far and it's giving me a problem. Oddly enough I've gotten more views on those two items here than I've gotten on AF and they've been listed far longer there. Are those Bots or actual views, does anyone know? The whole SEO thing confuses me because when I think I've gotten it right it's all wrong.
I think I'm really going to like it here and would love to stay and chat but right now I've got to go to work in the shop.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: August 23, 2011, 12:08:15 PM »
Hi everyone. My name is Becky and my shop name is SeventhChild. I make jewelry and hand engrave glass among other things. It's a slow process but I'm stumbling around learning how to use this site. I have two stores on Art Fire. One of the same name and a supplies shop with mostly patterns and craft books that is called 2ndSeventhChild. I've only listed two items so far because I want to get my shop on Google Analytics  before going to far and it's giving me a problem. Oddly enough I've gotten more views on those two items here than I've gotten on AF and they've been listed far longer there. Are those Bots or actual views, does anyone know? The whole SEO thing confuses me because when I think I've gotten it right it's all wrong.
I think I'm really going to like it here and would love to stay and chat but right now I've got to go to work in the shop.
First of all, welcome to the forum and the shop!
As far as views goes, Andrew and I grab every new listing will scroll on the front page so there are views that way.  Also, every new listing (baring computer glitches!) is Facebooked, tweeted, Stumbled on all of our many accounts.  Our goal is to get you seen since the more people that see you, the better chance of the right person seeing you!
Also, Google is crawling us regularly, so you should see those results shortly.

Offline SeventhChild

• View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 23, 2011, 02:46:28 PM »
Wow! Thank you. Looks like I had better get the problem fixed with my Analytics account and get listing.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: August 23, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
Wow! Thank you. Looks like I had better get the problem fixed with my Analytics account and get listing.
Whatever you list we will do our best to promote!

Offline ♥ Zili ♥

• View Profile
    • Jewelry-by-Zili
« Reply #1391 on: August 23, 2011, 06:22:52 PM »
Hello :)

I'm of course new here, looking for a new jewelry forum to hang around lol

I've been creating wire jewelry for 14 or so years now.  Last year opened up a webshop although i'm not an official business just yet I will be working on that shortly until recently my jewelry wasn't earning me enough to be set up as an official business ($10-$20 every 3-4 months isn't worth the government's time lol)

but i went job hunting recently and scored a few consignment deals during my hunt so taxes must be paid once i start selling in the consignment shops therefore before I will be getting set up as a business soon.

I'm a college student (Senior and school starts tomorrow)  studying history and creative writing.  I'm also a "step mom"  I've been with my boyfriend since a week after his son was born.  My boyfriend has the baby and not the mother (she left after the baby turned 4 months old.) the only mother figure he's ever known is me.

I'm also a "mom" to a 5 year old tabby cat named Adam and a year old mouse named Ronan :)
---If you visit my shop via the website link in my profile, its a temporary set up my original host got hacked and is in the process of sorting it out.

miniaturequilts

« Reply #1392 on: August 27, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »
Myself and the German Shepherds (GSD):  A former published quilt designer turned jewelry maker, the motivation for my Etsy shop was a desire to earn what would call "pin money" and to raise money for German Shepherd rescue, specifically Shepherd's Hope German Shepherd rescue of greater NYC. A percentage of all the items from my shop goes to Shepherd's Hope. I make handmade jewelry and quilts (both categories include dog designs). My current goal is to make my own German Shepherd beads for my jewelry since all the ones I have purchased so far have been pricey!  Currently I am Shepherd-less, but not dog-less. I have 2 black English Labradors and a Saint Bernard we rescued via Save Our Saints. Doggie greetings from the "great white north" of the Finger Lakes of NY.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 27, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »
Welcome to all the new comers! Make sure you post you pretties in the gallery and take a peak at our shop!Enjoy!

Offline MichaelaJewelry

• View Profile
    • Michaela Jewelry by Design
« Reply #1394 on: September 06, 2011, 11:03:45 AM »
Hi there, I'm new to this forum - in fact forums in general - and I'm happy to say that I stumbled upon this forum quite by accident. I make and design jewelry.  I have a website and an Etsy store - although the Etsy store isn't doing too well - it needs ALOT of work but I'm finding it hard to find the time as I'm currently spending all the time I can on updating and adding new pieces to my website.  I've noticed a few of you have shops here.  I'm going to have to check that out.  Maybe close my Etsy store and start a shop here.

I look forward to getting to know you all and I'm excited to be a part of this forum.