Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1082423 times)

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1350 on: July 25, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »
Hi Marc, welcome! Look forward to seeing your things. Everyone here is really helpful if you have any questions  :)

Offline ByNanasHands

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 25, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »
Wow, whole new world here!  Tripping through everything hoping to get up to speed here soon....

Hi, I'm Melana (ByNanasHands) and I just joined here this evening.  This is SO different from what I'm use to!  I'm glad to be here and hope to get to know folks soon.

Quick ?  where is the Etsy importer?  Can someone steer me in the right direction?  I'd love to get stuff up and listed!  Thanks everyone...
"If God brought you to it He'll see you through it"

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1352 on: July 25, 2011, 10:03:08 PM »
Wow, whole new world here!  Tripping through everything hoping to get up to speed here soon....

Hi, I'm Melana (ByNanasHands) and I just joined here this evening.  This is SO different from what I'm use to!  I'm glad to be here and hope to get to know folks soon.

Quick ?  where is the Etsy importer?  Can someone steer me in the right direction?  I'd love to get stuff up and listed!  Thanks everyone...

Welcome!  You will love it here!!!  I would have loved to see an Etsy importer, too, but never found one.  What I did was save the pictures to my hard drive from Etsy, copied-and-pasted the description, change a word here and there, uploaded my saved pictures, and Voila! I had a listing.  It's a bit tedious, but the Handmade Artists' Shop is so easy to use, it went really fast!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #1353 on: July 25, 2011, 10:10:19 PM »
Welcome Melana!
I listed 30+ from my Etsy shop pretty fast by doing pretty much what iKnitQuiltSew suggested, except I already had my photos on my computer. Just wait until you start listing, watch the view counts on your items, it will blow your mind! Admin are fabulous for promoting! ;)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1354 on: July 25, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »
I'm delighted to see all the new members here!  WELCOME!!!  Be sure to put some items in our galleries so that we can drool and share!

Offline MissyKsCreations

• View Profile
    • MissyKsCreations on Etsy
« Reply #1355 on: July 26, 2011, 04:24:36 AM »
Hi Guys,

Pretty new to this. Been making handmade jewelry, mainly earrings, for a few years but only recently decided to try selling them online and putting myself out there.. kinda frightening lol!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MissyKsCreations?ref=pr_shop_more

Nice to meet you all,
K.

Offline ByNanasHands

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 26, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »

Welcome!  You will love it here!!!  I would have loved to see an Etsy importer, too, but never found one.  What I did was save the pictures to my hard drive from Etsy, copied-and-pasted the description, change a word here and there, uploaded my saved pictures, and Voila! I had a listing.  It's a bit tedious, but the Handmade Artists' Shop is so easy to use, it went really fast!

Oh boy, I don't know why I thought there was an importer here for Etsy AND AF?  Wow, that will take a while...better get at it!  Thanks for the nice welcome, I appreciate it!
"If God brought you to it He'll see you through it"

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 26, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »
Welcome to all the newcomers glad to have ya!

Offline LeonorasCosmetics

• Nora
    • View Profile
    • LeonorasCosmetics
« Reply #1359 on: July 27, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »
Thank you for the welcome..:)  I really like it here, especially how the vendor features work.  I just listed a product and within a few hours I've had over a thousand views that is something that I've never experienced at any other selling venue.

Offline Moon

• View Profile
    • Mixed Media Jewelry
« Reply #1360 on: July 29, 2011, 04:12:24 PM »
Hello!!!

I'm new...my name is Moon and I'm happy to be here.  Oh yeah, I'm a lampworker, jeweler, and painter. 

Ok...I'm off to go looking around...there a lot to see.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 29, 2011, 05:17:10 PM »
Welcome Moon lovely lampwork!
Thank you for the welcome.. :)  I really like it here, especially how the vendor features work.  I just listed a product and within a few hours I've had over a thousand views that is something that I've never experienced at any other selling venue.
Glad you like it, we work hard to get your work seen! 8)

Offline MelissaMuir

• View Profile
    • Melissa Muir - Where Art and Jewelry Play Together
« Reply #1362 on: July 30, 2011, 04:41:50 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am new here, but met a handful of you all on the chat the other night. It was a lot of fun.

My name is Melissa Muir and I am a jewelry artist (like about a billion other people) and I also teach classes. I don't have the money to screw up any gold, so for now, I work in Sterling silver, copper, brass and such. I am one of the most beading challenged people I know, so you will see very few pieces with beads from me. I have the most amazing studio and set up ever, it is a dream land for people who love tools. Hopefully soon, I will get to play in there more. I have missed it a lot. I recently had a baby.... and that should explain it all. Lol.

Anyway, I have a fantastic blog where I showcase my work (when I make any) and I also have a couple of features on there that are pretty handy. I do a Tool Time Tuesday feature where I do tutorials, tool reviews, and the such. And I also have a Featured Artist Friday where I showcase the studio and work of other artists.

Anyway, it is good to meet you all and I hope to see you all around more.

Melissa

Offline DeltaMoonSoap

• View Profile
    • Delta Moon Soapworks
Hi everyone!
« Reply #1363 on: July 31, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm Carla. I just found you guys through another forum and am looking forward to getting to know a few kindred spirits!
I will be attending the Conference for Creative Entrepreneurs in San Francisco on Friday (8/5) is anyone else going?

Offline daniglamour

• View Profile
    • Danielle Christine Jewelry & Illustration
« Reply #1364 on: August 01, 2011, 08:40:48 PM »
Hey just joined the forum! Been looking for a place to get in touch with other crafters and artists like myself to swap ideas with.

I'm a jewelry designer and fashion illustrator.
I make jewelry with found objects, mostly using items such as barbie shoes, keys, feathers, bottlecaps, and i get my beads everywhere craft suppliers, flea markets, garage sales...etc..

I used to sell directly from my website www.daniellechristine.com, but recently decided to start using storenvy because its free and it makes my life easier. Plus its also a cool place to network with other sellers.

If you have any questions feel free to add my page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danielle-Christine-Jewelry-Illustration/167715886622596

you can see photos and get all kinds of updates there.

you can contact me there or my email danielle@daniellechristine.com, but if you like my facebook page i will like yours back! AND you get a nice 15% discount on my jewelry.