Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1097514 times)

Offline grannyscrafts1912

• Stitchery is dear to my heart
    • View Profile
    • hand embroidered pillowcases linens and handmade wind chimes
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1230 on: April 26, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »
welcome Desert star
nice shop love the bling ;)

Offline vixensnose

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 26, 2011, 09:06:15 PM »
Hello all  :D

I come from Ireland and I love to paint,write make music and pretty much anything art related.

I recently got into jewelry design and working with polymer clay, mostly making hand-painted pendants, necklaces and  earrings, and started selling on Etsy last September. I'm working on getting my shop more stocked up.

My Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/vixensnose
Twitter: http://twitter.com/vixensnose
Deviantart: http://vixensnose.deviantart.com/

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1232 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:23 AM »

I come from Ireland and I love to paint,write make music and pretty much anything art related.

Where in Ireland?  I've been there twice - once in '98 with my sister and again in '09 for my honeymoon.

And welcome to the new peeps, beautiful shops!

Offline vixensnose

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 27, 2011, 06:00:11 PM »

Where in Ireland?  I've been there twice - once in '98 with my sister and again in '09 for my honeymoon.

Co. Clare.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1234 on: April 28, 2011, 11:28:20 PM »

Co. Clare.

That was the tail end of our trip!  We started in Dublin, rented a car, and drove across, ending in Clare.  We stayed the last night in Ennis, saw the Cliffs of Moher, then flew out of Shannon.  Next time we start in the west & spend more time thataway.

Offline TonHandmadeSoyCandles

• High Quality Scented Soy Candles, Eco friendly
    • View Profile
    • Ton Handmade Soy Candle
« Reply #1235 on: April 29, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
Hi My Name Is Toynga and I Make Handmade highly Scented Soy Candles. I love making Handmade Soy Candles and I also love being able to see my customers face when they smell them. I have been making Soy Candles since 2009. I have worked virtually from home since 2008, I never knew I would have the chance to even think about making Soy Candles, but I'm Happy that it's something that have became a part of me, When I'm not making my Soy Candles I'm attending my College Classes. ( Going to School to become a Licensed Hair Dressser) I also want my own Store/Boutique as Well, If not I will incorprate my Soy Candles in a salon here in my area or in My Salon. I'm here to learn how to market and promote my business as Well as Make new Handmade friends along my way. :)

Offline Jennifer_Catino

• Thank you
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer's Genuine Crochet creations
« Reply #1236 on: April 30, 2011, 05:33:06 AM »
Hello Everyone, Im from California and make all handmade crochet items, baby-toddler items, hats, poncho's, flowers and working on more items now, including some macrame jewelry.  I hope to meet new people and learn as much as i can about marketing and sharing my support to other handmade artist.
Thank you
Jennifer  :)
Jennifer Catino

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
« Reply #1237 on: April 30, 2011, 07:43:23 AM »
Welcome aboard Jennifer and all our other newer members. :D

Offline grannyscrafts1912

• Stitchery is dear to my heart
    • View Profile
    • hand embroidered pillowcases linens and handmade wind chimes
« Reply #1238 on: May 01, 2011, 08:13:03 AM »
hello and welcome

Offline sundownalpacaranch

• View Profile
    • Sundown Fiber Mill
« Reply #1239 on: May 01, 2011, 11:29:45 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am a fiber artist and self confessed fiber addict. I started out with knitting many years ago making items for my family. I now do spinning, felting (both needle and wet), weaving, and dying of the fibers. I also raise my own Alpacas.  My husband & I decided to raise them after owning 2 fiber males. We currently have 24 alpacas in our herd. We also have chickens, dairy goats and 5 Maremma sheepdogs to guard the livestock. Sometimes my ranching "duties" get in the way of my creativity,  but I love doing both "jobs".  I have several sites that you can "follow" happenings here on the ranch and I also sell my products online at artfire. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Offline spearcarrier

• View Profile
    • OOAK Leaf Gallery for Little People
« Reply #1240 on: May 01, 2011, 09:11:29 PM »
Hi all. New to the forum: invited in by tweeter. Not sure if I'll find time to be here much, but I have to say it seems to be a pretty awesome place. I've seen people talking about crafts I would never have thought of before.

My crafts are the typical, boring kind. I make cell phone charms, tiny clay people, OOAK dolls, and am trying to expand into a business making custom charms in bulk for other people.

I'm kind of excited about the last bit. After months of saving a piddly $200 for a piece of equipment, I finally was able to order it and it should be here Monday. But don't get me started.

Lovely to meet you all.
:chomp:
And then there were none.

http://www.apocalypsewriters.com/ooakleaf

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 02, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
Welcome to ALL the new members! It's great to have you here!

Spearcarrier: "My crafts are the typical, boring kind. I make cell phone charms, tiny clay people, OOAK dolls, and am trying to expand into a business making custom charms in bulk for other people."
Don't sell yourself short! Start posting some pics in the gallery and you'll see that no one thinks it's boring!

Dharlee

Hi there
« Reply #1242 on: May 02, 2011, 04:00:02 PM »
Hello, my name is Debbie, sometimes I am also known as Dharlee. I wanted to stop by and tell you hello and introduce myself. I make handmade jewelry and sell mostly on Etsy. I have been a member here for a bit but never really posted. I would like to become more involved with the group, but can't on Thursday nights as I work those nights. However, it seems like such a nice group, perhaps there are somethings I can participate in and help out with. :)

Offline spearcarrier

• View Profile
    • OOAK Leaf Gallery for Little People
« Reply #1243 on: May 02, 2011, 10:21:35 PM »
Post in the gallery? If I can figure out how.

Jewelry, Dharlee? What kind? I guess that's for another thread, though.
:chomp:
And then there were none.

http://www.apocalypsewriters.com/ooakleaf

Offline Jennifer_Catino

• Thank you
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer's Genuine Crochet creations
« Reply #1244 on: May 03, 2011, 03:36:39 AM »
Hi everyone, Im new, just started selling my handmade crochet.  Not sure where to even start.  I want to learn more and meet new people.  I love to crochet and have been crocheting for many years now.  Just started selling it on Etsy, still learning about it, but I have sold a few items.  I hope to get some marketing advice and maybe some helpful leads. 
Thank you
Jennifer
Jennifer Catino