Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1079733 times)

Offline Exotic Boxes

• Designer of heirloom quality exotic wood boxes
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #900 on: August 23, 2010, 03:42:49 PM »
Thanks.
Dan W.

Offline ChristianMarie

• View Profile
    • Handbags by Christian Marie
« Reply #901 on: August 27, 2010, 03:35:57 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm Christian Marie. I've been a member here for a long time, but for some reason I never read the forums before today.

I live in New Orleans, and I make my living (sort of) selling my handmade purses and wallets. I also do the occasional custom caricature pinata, and some special effects makeup.

Here's my makeup site: http://killchrissy.com

The pinatas don't have a site yet, but they will soon! :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #902 on: August 27, 2010, 06:15:46 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm Christian Marie. I've been a member here for a long time, but for some reason I never read the forums before today.

I live in New Orleans, and I make my living (sort of) selling my handmade purses and wallets. I also do the occasional custom caricature pinata, and some special effects makeup.

Here's my makeup site: http://killchrissy.com

The pinatas don't have a site yet, but they will soon! :)

That's awesome!  I looked at your FX site and you have some great stuff.  I know of what I speak, too, since I'm a face painter who's done FX also.   8)

Offline cats-creations

• View Profile
    • Cat's Creation Jewellery
« Reply #903 on: August 27, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »
Hello everyone, I am Cat (or sometimes Helen). I found your group via Twitter.

I make design and make jewellery - much of which is sterling or pure silver, though I do have a number of pieces which are base metals for smaller budgets.

I live in Poole, Dorset with my husband, son and 2 cats (not good for the wool craft but still fun) and I am starting out turning my passion into a business.

I got an Esty account (catscreationsjewels) but I havent trudged through setting up anything to sell yet. Note to self - stop prevaticating and set it up!

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know everyone.
Cat xx

There is magic in laughter and all good magic should include laughter!

Offline BeadWorxJewelryDesignero0

• View Profile
    • Beadworx handmade jewelry
« Reply #904 on: August 27, 2010, 02:49:51 PM »
Hi my name is Ashley Im a 26 y/o stay at home mommy of 2 living in Ocala Florida USA. In my spare time I make beaded jewelry. Im just now starting to share my designs. So Im new to this. Im currently working on a page to sell my creations. I like to work with all kinds of materials. I make bracelets, Earrings and necklaces. I would love some feedback on my pieces most are truely one of a kind and can not be duplicated exactly. I love beads Im a collector and I also love looking at others handmade work. I only have about 5 months experiance. Today I have made a myspace to post up some pics of my work. take a look if you like.

http://www.myspace.com/548191550
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:41:44 AM by BeadWorxJewelryDesignero0 »

Offline filissa

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 27, 2010, 03:56:04 PM »
HI everybody!

My name is Riina and about year and half ago I found a way to the jewellery word. :D Since then I have been making a lot of colorful jewellery for myself and my friends. I love colours- that´s the reason what keeps me on making jewellery and why I never get bored of them. I also love wire wrapped jewellery but this technique is too complicated for me, so I just admire the work of others. :-*

You can see some of my goodies and fun tutorails in my blog.

http://filissatreasures.wordpress.com/

Offline SilverCoastSeaGlass

• View Profile
    • Silver Coast Sea Glass
« Reply #906 on: August 28, 2010, 11:03:55 AM »
Hello Everyone!  My name is Lisa, from SilverCoastSeaGlass (etsy).
I live summers in the southwest of France and the winters in southwest Florida.
I just started my Etsy store and am excited to find this forum of like-minded handmade enthusiasts :)

I've been making and selling jewelry on and off for about 8 years or so . This summer I've been at it full time.  Every day I take long walks on the beach and find my treasures - my favorite part.
I sell my jewelry here at "expos" in beach restaurants
and I am giving fun classes on "how to wire wrap found objects". 
People bring in sea glass, shells or stones and get to take home a lovely souvenir necklace.

My experience has been marketing online for the past two years -mostly ebooks and other peoples products.  But I missed playing with
my tools and beads.  So here I am.

I'm looking forward to learning and helping others here in any way I can.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 28, 2010, 01:45:51 PM »
Love to see all the new members. Jump right in a get involved, show some of your work in the gallery. Snoop around and ask questions, we don't bite........much :D

Offline jewelrybyandrea

• View Profile
    • Jewelry by Andrea
« Reply #908 on: August 28, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »
My name is Andrea of Jewelry by Andrea.  I have been in business for about 2 1/2 years.  I make beaded Jewelry using traditionally made materials from Countries such as Nepal, Tibet, Thailand, Bali and Ethiopia just to name a few.  I really enjoy using Spritual and Handmade items.  I love researching the meaning behind the pieces and how they have been made.  Big and Bold describes many of my designs.  Whenever possible I purchase from Women in Business and try to buy from as close to the source of production as possible.  Many of my items come directly from the families that have made the pendants and beads.

I currently sell through my own website, Artfire, Ruby Plaza and Etsy.  I also participate in at least 6 local Art Shows a year.  I am a stay at home Mom to a 5 and 7 year old.  We live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 28, 2010, 04:15:15 PM »
Welcome, everyone!!!! :D Great items!

Offline Roz Petalz Studio

• View Profile
    • Roz Petalz Studio
« Reply #910 on: August 28, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »
Hello!
Just signed on here!
My name is Kathy.
I am a polymer clay artist who specialized in handmade beads and bow centers.
I also just started making custom cake toppers.
If you are a jewelry designer, hairbow maker or just like unique, handmade jewelry, look me up.
http://www.RozPetalzStudio.etsy.com

I look forward to getting to know you all here.

Regards!
Kathy
http://

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 28, 2010, 10:35:24 PM »
Super cute, Kathy!!! That Kai-lan one is adorable!!!! My son loves that show.

Offline southwestcrafts

• SouthwestCrafts
    • View Profile
    • SouthwestCrafts
« Reply #912 on: August 31, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »
hello everyone very new here and trying to figure it out. My name is Allison I have an etsy shop with my mom and daughter-in-law we live in the southwestern United States. My partners will be adding their items in the future. I currently am working with barbed wire making unique gifts. I dabble in photography and sandcasting come check it out.
http://www.southwestcrafts.etsy.com

Offline Whskr_Design

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 31, 2010, 02:27:20 PM »
Hello Everyone I'm Marjorie and new around here.  I found the team while I was looking around for a Team to join that was international and not US based as I am British and living in New Zealand.

At the moment I am making jewelry and art doll pins (OK so they are jewelry too!) as well as exploring metalsmithing - although this is early stages I am having fun being inspired by figures and flapper girls in metal too.

I hope to be able to drop in on a regular basis and get involved

Marjorie

Offline EnchantedDandelions

• View Profile
    • Enchanted Dandelions
« Reply #914 on: September 01, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »
Hello!

My name is April, and I'm owner of Enchanted Dandelions.  Of course, my first and foremost title is momma to my three little Sprouts (ages 5y, 4y and 26m).  We love the great outdoors, and you'll often find us outside enjoying nature- hiking, camping, geocaching, and of course, making wishes on dandelions. 

Our family's goal to live as naturally as possible is the inspiration behind Enchanted Dandelions.  In my Etsy shop, you'll find ecofriendly products such as cloth diapers, flaxseed hot/cold therapy packs, cotton baby bibs, and so much more.   

I can't wait to get to know everybody.  Unfortunately, I won't be around a whole lot between my Sprouts, my business, homeschooling, and everything else, but I'll try my best to stop by as often as I can!

Peace, Love and Magic!
~ April ~ mountain momma to my three Sprouts (ages 5y, 4y and 25m)
http://www.EnchantedDandelions.com