Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1087999 times)

Offline Atelier Blaauw

• Atelier Blaauw
    • View Profile
    • Atelier Blaauw
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #870 on: August 07, 2010, 04:03:38 AM »
Hello everyone, I am Marlies 27 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I am a self taught wire wrap artist.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 07, 2010, 08:45:16 PM »
Hello everyone, I am Marlies 27 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I am a self taught wire wrap artist.

Welcome! I think we have a few from the Netherlands here so glad to see ya!

Offline iceblues

• View Profile
    • Ice Blues
« Reply #872 on: August 09, 2010, 01:22:52 AM »
Hi, Everyone:

I just new to this website. I am from California.

You can find my stuff in a few places:

http://www.icebluesshop.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/iceblues

Iceblues offers unique and one of a kind handmade jewelry handcrafted with the finest quality materials.

http://www.icebluesshop.com

ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/iceblues

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ice-Blues/108681115846066?ref=ts

Twitter: http://twitter.com/icebluesshop

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 09, 2010, 10:07:10 AM »
Love to see all the new faces!  I love to see all this talent in one place.  Click around and ask questions and show off your stuff.

Offline Failariel

• View Profile
    • Dragonfire Glass
« Reply #874 on: August 10, 2010, 02:30:11 AM »
Hi
My name is Colette. I'm a lampworker & jewellery maker. I've been a member for a while but I'm quite shy and not very confident.
I sell my beads at bead fairs and online, the jewellery is mostly sold at jewellery parties although I have a website too.
I live in Lincolnshire, England where the land is very flat and we get the most amazing sunsets/sunrises.
Colette x

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #875 on: August 10, 2010, 10:51:46 AM »
Welcome, new people!  (and former lurker who's come out to say hi)

Offline beth@passionstylz.com

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 11, 2010, 02:44:20 AM »
Hi Everyone, My name is Beth and I am truly in heaven when I am in my craft room making beaded jewelry.  Necklaces, earrings, bookmarks, anklets, bracelets, etc,.. It doesn't matter, if I can put beads on it, I'm a happy camper. :)
A little about me: I have always been creative, I started playing guitar at the ripe ol age of 12 and still play now and then.  I also draw really creepy stuff, :) I won first place in an art contest in high school for my creepy bleeding rose picture, even made front page of the local newspaper.  but, then I had children and put being creative on the back burner.  Now my children are all grown up and I have a lot of me time. 
Soooo, after having some medical issues and a couple of surgeries and being off of work for a while I was hobbling through micheals one day and saw a little beading kit, I bought it and never looked back.  I'm completely hooked and I might add truly happier then I've been in a long time.  I always loved been creative and now that I make jewelry full time I couldn't be happier.
I'm very happy to be here with other handmade artist and like minded people.
Thanks so much for having me, I look forward to getting to know you all.  :)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 11, 2010, 06:24:43 PM »
Welcome to all the newcomers jump right in and have fun we don't bite much :D

Offline SweetTreatYourBody

• Soap Makin' Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 16, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
Greetings everyone!

My name is Anita and i'm originally from Washington DC but now live in upper Maryland! i'm a WAHM with 4 children ages 11, 7, 2 and our newborn who is 3 weeks :-) Oh and a fiance to a amazing fiance

I'm a crafter first and for most b/c I love to try new things but as my business I create fun Bath & Body products! I try to step away form the norm and keep everything inthe area of sweets and sweet "like". Meaning everything I make smells like a bakery or candy shoppe! I've been soaping for about 7 1/2 years and don't plan on stopping! I also make polymer clay jewelry, crochet, sew and make candles &tarts.

My goal is to one day own my own shoppe & day spa using only my products. Also toown a cupcake cafe, in making real sweets and treats. So far i'm crash coursing at JoAnn's taking every Wiltons class I can and will be strating back college this winter for bus. admin to help get me further in my goals!

I enjoy laughin and keeping a light spirit to things and look forward to meeting and chatting with you all!  ^-^

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #880 on: August 16, 2010, 04:22:07 PM »
Nice, I get a kick out of the fact that you're all about sweet soaps AND desserts.  That's so fitting!

I took a Wilton class or two many years ago, and I love cake decorating!  I'll never make a business of that, though.

I'm a soaper... but my husband and I went the opposite direction from you... 100% natural.  Good to have more soapers along the spectrum here!

Offline deezie

• View Profile
Hi, new here
« Reply #881 on: August 17, 2010, 08:40:49 AM »
Hi everyone,
Hope I am typing this in the right area, I am not the smartest computer person.
I am deezie, I have been making jewelry for about 10 years now. I love anything seaglass. I mostly make seaglass charms bracelets but I am trying to get away from drilling and have been making button charm bracelets. I love vintage buttons also. I also do mosiac work and have tried my hand at lampworking. I will do any kind of art actually
deezie
deezie

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
    • Lovely 7 Designs on Etsy
Re: Hi, new here
« Reply #882 on: August 17, 2010, 10:05:48 AM »
You made it!  Welcome.  Your post is VERY close to the right place.   :-*  I think they're supposed to go at the end of that very long post that is also in this section.  But hey, you'll REALLY get noticed here.   ;)

You'll want to add the link to your Etsy shop on all your posts so we can check out your work. 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/deezie

And if you click on that really colorful word explosion above this box that says "tinypic" it will allow you to upload, resize, and add pictures to any of your forum posts.

Look around and get your bearings.  If you have any questions, ask.  I shared your site on Twitter, Stumbleupon, and Facebook, so you've gotten quite a few new views already today.  If you haven't already, post one or two posts in the jewelry section to show off your work.  Remember to add your Etsy link and a picture or two with your posts. 

Glad you made it.  Enjoy the ride.

HAF'ers.  I happened upon Deezie's Etsy while searching for fellow button lovers.  Here are two of her pieces that I really like.

I've got two more friends who either came in and got scared, or are coming in soon.  Keep an eye out for Rhiannon from Babycakes Designs and Sarah from sarahthornhill.etsy.com.  Both are a bit intimidated and may need some extra help getting started.

Thanks HAF Team.  You're Awesome!
-Emma

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #883 on: August 17, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »
OMG, I love the one with the shells!  Welcome!

JewelrybyNaLa

« Reply #884 on: August 17, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »
Hi deezie (love that name), and welcome to the Forum!

I love your jewelry!  :)

Emma, you're quite the little recruiter, aren't ya??  ;D