Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1097522 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
Iryna, what is your native language?

Ukrainian and Russian:-) I am originally from Ukraine but live in USA last two years.

Please don't worry about your English...I can only imagine any of us trying to speak/type in Russian!  Boy, would you get a laugh then!  Welcome!

Offline Groovy Pumpkin

• View Profile
    • Groovy Pumpkin
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
Hello, I'm Jane and found this wonderfully inspiring place from a new contact on Facebook (The Pine Cone Tea Cup). 

I'm starting out on a new venture - making bags - as my son will be starting school in September, and I want to use my crafty talents in some money-making scheme! 

I have lots of other crafty interests, including beading, painting, photography, glass painting, rubber stamping, etc, etc!

Come along and visit my brand new website, or Etsy store, or Blog, and you'll learn a bit more about me.

I'm looking forward to making some new crafting buddies, so do get in touch!!

Jane  :)

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »
Welcome, Jane!! :D Hooray for new ventures! I see you do macrame, too. 8) Very neat!

Offline Groovy Pumpkin

• View Profile
    • Groovy Pumpkin
« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2010, 06:00:10 AM »
Hello, and thank you!!

Yes, I also do macrame - all of my jewellery in my Etsy Store is made from macrame or micro-macrame - it's very therapeutic doing those little knots if stressed - LOL!

Offline Nyllynn

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've read a lot on the site but I've never really introduced myself.  My name is Deb, nickname Nyllynn.  I love the site and the new look is WOW!!.  I cut cabachons and am learning to wirewrap.  I also do beading.  I just went to a gem & Mineral show, and boy is that dangerous.  Too many pretty things.  I live in Indiana.

Thanks,
Deb

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »
Bead shows are NOT good places for me to be either...bankruptcy would be a very real possibility :-\

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 12, 2010, 08:52:51 PM »
Hi Everyone, I'm CJ, I live in Adrian Michigan, with my husband Kevin and 6 of my eight children, my 2 year old grandson ,and my 83 year old Mother.  If your wondering why I'm telling you all this information.  It's because You'll understand why I loose myself into the beading world.  It's what keeps my sane.  I teach beading in my local Hobby Lobby every Tuesday.  I also teach private classes, and am just starting to teach at bead stores in and around Michigan.  I love off loom beadweaving and have been published in Bead and Button.  I have a second publication coming out in the next issue of Bead and Button (June 2010), and also a publication coming out in July 2010 in Bead Trends.  I need more confidence in creating my online store.  It's all new to me and so I'm slow going right now.  I'm hoping to post some new works soon.

Welcome CJ, and glad to see you post about your busy house. Congrats on being published and for your future articles. Since you are being shy I'll post your shop link http://www.handmadeartistsshop.com/4-his-glory-creations.html
Personally I love your work. It is chunky and substantial.

I would also like to take a minute and welcome all the new members. So strap in and enjoy the ride! ;D

Offline mystapring

• I am a sculptress and a painter.
    • View Profile
    • Mistys Musings
New here...I sculpt Dragons!!!
« Reply #592 on: March 13, 2010, 12:29:41 AM »
Hi... I'm Misty and I am a sculptress and a painter. I have a studio in the back of my barber shop and when the shop isn't busy I'm always working on something. Still learning my way around. Hope you'll stop by!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:03:57 AM by Chainmaille By MBOI »
mystapring

JewelrybyNaLa

Re: New here...I sculpt Dragons!!!
« Reply #593 on: March 13, 2010, 12:52:22 AM »
Uh, Misty ... YOU SCARED ME!!  ;D

Wowzers, that is an amazing dragon!!

You are very talented, and welcome to the Forum.  :)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #594 on: March 13, 2010, 01:45:35 PM »
Welcome, everybody!

I love that dragon!

Offline olsik

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 13, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »
 :) Hello everyone! I live in Illinois with my husband and 14 month daughter. I am russian and I lived in Kazakhstan but now I live in US almost 2 years. And I hand maker. I make doilies, tablecloths, hangers for curtains. And I so happy find this forum, everyone looks so friendly!!! :)

Offline olsik

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 13, 2010, 04:10:23 PM »
I start my new bisness! Everyone welcome! http://handmadeforyou.ecrater.com/  :D

Offline DornickDesigns

• View Profile
    • Dornick Designs
« Reply #598 on: March 14, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »
Hi!  I'm Kathy Hardy / Dornick Desgins.  I've been making and selling jewelry for over 20 years now.  I have several "virtual" shops, including Etsy, ArtFire and 1,000 Markets.  I live on the edge of the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina with my husband and two dogs.  Life is good! 

Kathy Hardy
http://www.dornickdesigns.com
Kathy Hardy ~ Dornick Designs
http://www.dornickdesigns.com

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 14, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »
Welcome, everyone! Your work is fantastic!!