Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1089322 times)

Offline MewesMountainArts

• View Profile
    • Mewes Mountain Arts
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #480 on: January 09, 2010, 07:21:01 PM »
Hello from the studio in Deckers, Colorado!

I just joined and figured my first step would be to let you know a little about myself.  I'm married and have two furkids (just like kids without the talk-back feature).  I currently work for "the man" but would really like to get away from answering to others.  I dabble in painting and scrapbooking but my passion is jewelry.  I hope to be able to get feedback from those who have the same passion and can help jump start my career.

Jennifer

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 09, 2010, 08:06:18 PM »

I just joined and figured my first step would be to let you know a little about myself.  I'm married and have two furkids (just like kids without the talk-back feature).  I currently work for "the man" but would really like to get away from answering to others.  I dabble in painting and scrapbooking but my passion is jewelry.  I hope to be able to get feedback from those who have the same passion and can help jump start my career.

Jennifer
Welcome Jennifer sit back strap on your seat belt and enjoy the ride ;D

Offline kmarie0218

• my current picture
    • View Profile
    • My Lil' Craft Shoppe
« Reply #482 on: January 10, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »
Hello,

Just joined HAF today.  Looks like a wonderful site and a great community of people.  I've been looking around the site, reading blogs, etc. and like what I see so far!

I make handmade jewelry, and have been beading for 5+ years.  I have a couple of friends who also make jewelry, so we usually combine forces and sell together at craft fairs or in in-home shows.  We definitely did better before the economy tanked!  But I'm still plugging away at it - and trying to get myself out on the web and try business from the net instead.

I do work full time for an insurance company, and sell Avon as well.  It'd be so nice to ONLY sell jewelry for a living!  I can dream....

I'm also putting together what I know or have learned about beading and business, etc. and have created a site for beaders. (I like working on webpages, too!)

KMarie

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 11, 2010, 07:49:43 AM »
Hello,

Just joined HAF today.  Looks like a wonderful site and a great community of people.  I've been looking around the site, reading blogs, etc. and like what I see so far!

I make handmade jewelry, and have been beading for 5+ years.  I have a couple of friends who also make jewelry, so we usually combine forces and sell together at craft fairs or in in-home shows.  We definitely did better before the economy tanked!  But I'm still plugging away at it - and trying to get myself out on the web and try business from the net instead.

I do work full time for an insurance company, and sell Avon as well.  It'd be so nice to ONLY sell jewelry for a living!  I can dream....

I'm also putting together what I know or have learned about beading and business, etc. and have created a site for beaders. (I like working on webpages, too!)

KMarie

Welcome glad to have you!  ;D

Offline AudreyGardenLady

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 11, 2010, 01:49:31 PM »
Hi,
My name is Audrey
I make and sell Affordable Gemstone jewelry, costume jewelry and art.
My shop is at www.AudreyGardenLady.etsy.com

Come take a look!

Offline baublezptoa

• Paid Subscribers
    • View Profile
    • baublezptoa
« Reply #485 on: January 11, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »
Hello I am Carmen alias bananamiranda and also alias mooaany.
I am a Precious Metal Clay Jewelry Artisan, and I just love working with PMC, gemstones, sterling and vintage beads to make one of a kind jewelry, from earrings to bracelets to necklaces and pendants.  I cant identify my chosen style to you because I really dont know what it is!  I just love adornments and unusual and handcrafted jewelry.
http://baublez.themooaany.com
http://bananamiranda.etsy.com
http://blog.themooaany.com
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:37:28 PM by baublezptoa »

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2010, 09:19:53 PM »
Welcome to all the new members, hope you enjoy the ride!

Offline DreamBubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 11, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »

Jennifer

Jennifer - Just wanted to say that while Deckers is a little bit of a drive it's not horrible from my place in Longmont... feel free to friend me or drop me a PM :)

Offline DreamBubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 11, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »
And now to introduce myself...

I'm Kris, originally from Denver, Co. I now live north of there in Longmont. I'm married with 2 young kids and presently we own one cat.  I started crafting and art a very long time ago, first being taught cross stich by my grandmother and then taking professional classes from a local teacher who was very strict.  If only I had learned more from her discipline or been able to return to her classes... however even after leaving her classes I've always pursued art in one form or another. Presently I make beaded jewelry, chainmaille, spiders (see my avatar), primacolor pencils drawings, acrylic painting of minitures (tabletop gaming ones) and also do lots of crafts with the kids (ages 2 &4). My etsy store is brand new and the result of local artists and friends giving me the umpf to get it going. You can find often on FB and I also got a twitter account going for this new endevor as well. I joined up with HMA sometime last year but never became actively involved, my resolution for 2010? To change that! To become a member of this growing community and online society. To learn as much as I can from others and teach all that I know along the way too... I look forward to being a part of something much bigger then myself. Thanks for having me!

Offline MegaTech2

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 12, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »
Hey everyone. For those of you looking for a nice steampunk watch and/or accessory, please check out: http://www.megatechindustry.com/    The website is almost finished, and more pictures will be added soon. We also do custom work. Feel free to e-mail us at: MegaTech2@gmail dot com. We do watches, wrist bands, arm bands, chokers, etc. Let us know if there's anything you're interested, and we'll make something work. Thanks!!!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 12, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »
Welcome to all the new faces!  We are a super friendly group, so please feel free to click around and ask questions; we are happy to share our ummmmmm expert opinions  :-\ with anyone!  Anyway, we love new creations so be sure to post your work so we can ooohhh and aaaahhh.

Offline dreamriverdesigns

• Handcrafted heirloom quality jewelry
    • View Profile
    • DreamRiver Designs
« Reply #491 on: January 12, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »
welcome, welcome. 

Offline PennyFarrow

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 14, 2010, 06:11:58 AM »
hello everyone

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #493 on: January 14, 2010, 08:34:16 AM »
Hi, all!

Paisley, this place not only allows links but encourages them!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 14, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
Please post it!  Your little dragon scene is darling!  And yes, we encourage links to any gallery or shop that you may have as well as pictures in our gallery so we can all drool over new talent!  Welcome to HAF