Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1152920 times)

Offline Henk

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2850 on: January 25, 2019, 01:10:29 PM »
Hi, everybody
I am still finding my feet here so to speak.
I am a goldsmith, gem setter, hand engraver and knife maker. Maybe easier to call me a metal artist or metal smith. I hope to share knowledge and learn as well.
I hope it is ok for me to share a link to one of my videos. It may be easier to show my passion through my creations than mere bland words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY9bcppbiU0

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: January 25, 2019, 03:05:12 PM »
Lovely work, welcome and make yourself at home!

Offline joycemi

• View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: March 10, 2019, 01:41:17 PM »
Hi everyone I only have a little bit to say. If there are typos it is because I can see the monitor very well. The letters move around and  disappear. I was looking into craft shows but it takes a while to get going in them.  Plus it is costly to start up.  This is a great option. I don't have to find someone to  go with me to unload. It is affordable. I don't have to leave my home. I am far from set up yet but still working on it. I love doing String Art. I hope you get a chance to look at my work. II have enjoyed Handmade Artist  and appreciate all they offer. I  am a  grandma and love the children. Both my children, (boy & girl) are grown. I look forward to seeing everyone's work. You can  look at my work on Coley's String Art, Joycemi. I still Have much to add. This sounds stupid but how do I post/send this?

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: March 11, 2019, 06:58:54 AM »
Welcome Joyce, jump in and  make yourself at home!

Offline Mightycatcreations

• View Profile
Hello from Mightycat Creations
« Reply #2854 on: May 04, 2019, 11:06:47 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Patricia and I am Mightycat Creations, I make handmade jewelry and I work with resin, clay, metal, crystals, wire, dichroic film, glow in the dark products and many other medias. I create handmade jewelry, resin pendants, beads and shapes of all kinds. I have been making jewelry for over 15 yrs. I do have Instagram and Facebook and now want to sell here. Glad to have joined this site and hope to find and sell some amazing items that people sell her on this site. Have a great day all, cheers! :) :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:10:26 AM by Mightycatcreations »

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Mightycat Creations
« Reply #2855 on: May 12, 2019, 10:19:38 PM »
Welcome!    I  don't  wear  jewelry myself  due to a fetish I have  about  having  stuff hanging  on  my body but  I  have  2  lovely  DILs  and  grand girl  whom I will tell.     Marty
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline Mightycatcreations

• View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: May 14, 2019, 03:12:13 PM »
Thanks MsMarty.

Offline houseofsilver

• View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: May 20, 2019, 06:35:07 PM »
Hi , I'm Zviad from UK.  We run online shop House of Silver and a good part of the items are handmade by myself.  I'm making jewellery for ages now and this forum is natural place for me to be. Now I'm off to browse the forum...

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: June 03, 2019, 09:00:30 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Patricia and I am Mightycat Creations, I make handmade jewelry and I work with resin, clay, metal, crystals, wire, dichroic film, glow in the dark products and many other medias. I create handmade jewelry, resin pendants, beads and shapes of all kinds. I have been making jewelry for over 15 yrs. I do have Instagram and Facebook and now want to sell here. Glad to have joined this site and hope to find and sell some amazing items that people sell her on this site. Have a great day all, cheers! :) :D
Welcome Mightcat! jump in and make yourself at home!

Offline GinspiredArts

• View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: June 12, 2019, 03:09:03 PM »
Hey y'all!  I'm Gini of Ginspired Arts.  I am a silversmith, painter, woodworker, chainmailler, builder and all-around artsy-fartsy type.
I was on Etsy back when it was only handcrafted stuff, then they decided to become what is basically an online WalMart so I stepped away.  I still have a shop there where I sell jump rings for maillers that gets pretty much no action.
I can't believe this site has been around since 2009 and I just found it.  I'm so glad this is here.
I'll set up my shop and hopefully start selling.  I spend about 5 months a year on an island in the Caribbean, so I won't be able to sell during that time...hopefully I'll be able to put my shop here on vacation during that time.

I do have one question...why is there not a "follow us" link to Instagram?  Just wondering.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: June 13, 2019, 06:46:27 AM »
Welcome Gini!, Jump in a make yourself at home. We do  have an instagram here https://www.instagram.com/handmadeartists/
Just never posted a link LOL

Offline TheSilkRoadie

• View Profile
    • The Silk Roadie
« Reply #2861 on: August 03, 2019, 05:00:48 PM »
As it says in the subject line, I hereby re-introduce myself.
Life sat down hard on me a few years ago but the inspirations that I took with me from here have kept me going. Even finished some new stuff. Pictures in about two weeks.
We've also moved and had two happy surprises as a result. One was a house on a large property with a huge studio/workshop. The other is an amazing makerspace called Tinkermill just down the road. Professional grade tools and workshops, plenty of workspace and knowledgeable people who are eager to teach. So much has happened in the last few years but I'm mostly back on my feet and looking forward to finding out what everyone has been up to. So happy to be back!
Storm
Storm

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”  Albert Einstein

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: August 05, 2019, 06:45:00 AM »
Great to see you back Storm!

Offline Togan

• View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: August 16, 2019, 08:40:26 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site/community (obviously) and I just set up shop here (or am trying to...having some difficulties). I have a shop called Ganison Atelier . I make jewelry from my home studio in Virginia. I have been making jewelry since I was a kid and it's just something I have a passion for. It also keeps me sane! :)
I look forward to being a part of the community. I've learned that being a part of a creative community is one of the best aspects of being a craftster.

The mission of this site is something I totally support! <3 Handmade!

-Togan

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: August 16, 2019, 12:51:46 PM »
Welcome! Great to have you with us