Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 605323 times)

Offline greyhoundmama221

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2820 on: April 29, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »
Hello everyone!  My name is Debra.  I hope that I'm posting in the correct spot, but I'm not great when it comes to pooters, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.  I came upon this site, looking for a platform for the handmade artisan, and I love the fact that the focus supports and celebrates all things handmade; and is cognizant of not 'blurring the lines', if you know what I mean.  I fell in love with polymer clay in 1989, and have never strayed.  I've been making pet tags of late, but want to start making jewellery.  I'm looking forward to oogling everyone's beautiful work, and to meeting you all!   

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: April 30, 2018, 05:33:28 AM »
Welcome Debra, jump in and make yourself at home!

Offline TewlisShaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: May 11, 2018, 07:55:12 AM »
Hi, everyone! Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online handmade art community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers! :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:17:54 PM by TewlisShaw »

Offline greyhoundmama221

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 11, 2018, 08:49:55 AM »
Hi TewlisShaw, welcome from another newbie!   :)   My name is Debra and I joined a couple of weeks ago.  I'm a life-long crafter but polymer clay has been my medium now for too many years to mention.  :o

Offline Mar53

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: May 11, 2018, 11:12:15 AM »
Good afternoon, been on etsy for about 7 years. And am looking to expand my business, a little about myself been knitting since 8 yrs old, and crocheting since 15.  Used my hobby for gifts presents and other and about 7 years decided to start selling my items, I make doll clothes.dog sweaters and baby items. Will be listing items as I go..

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: May 11, 2018, 12:32:15 PM »
Welcome to all the new members, jump in, take off your shoes, and make yourself at home!

Offline EasleyArtisanJewelry

• All that glitters is not gold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: May 13, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »
Hello tewlis shaw, grayhound mama, and mar.  I am horrible at remembering names, so excuse any typos/missing letters, etc.  my status says "newbie" but i will differ, i was an active Haf member and shop for about 9 years, then took a hiatus, changed shops so my new shop is still developing.  If I can be of any assistance to any seller, member, please feel to contact me and ask. 

John
John

Offline TheRainbowDrop

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: May 15, 2018, 05:56:26 PM »
Hi everyone! im new here and pretty new to the selling world.  I've been sewing my entire life and have always wanted to share this with people. I am excited to have found a site like this with all handmade!

I am currently staying at home to raise my daughter who is three.  I would love to grow my business so i don't have to return to work when she starts school full time.  Sewing and creating are my passion and it would be a dream to make this a job and not just a hobby!

Rainbow Drop Leslie
http://therainbowdrop.etsy.com
http://www.instagram.com/therainbowdropco

Offline EasleyArtisanJewelry

• All that glitters is not gold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: May 15, 2018, 10:42:53 PM »
welcome to haf, we are a diverse group with many different genres.  ask questions, give answers and opinions.  you will find, no matter what the venue for your sales, that online selling is a full time job.  remember, online, your only way to attract customers is through the picture you post.  they can not touch, pick up, or look at detail as they would in a brick store.

John
John

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: May 17, 2018, 07:19:44 AM »
Welcome Rainbow, glad to have you with us!!

Offline TewlisShaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: May 21, 2018, 10:44:51 AM »
Thank you very much, everyone! Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Offline MysticB77

• View Profile
    • Eclectic Crafts & Creations (on Facebook)
« Reply #2831 on: July 08, 2018, 10:06:24 AM »
Hello I am Joy. I live in a small town in upstate NY. I have been crafting and creating since a young age. I love upcycling and creating something new out of something old and or broken. I am one of those people who are as addicted to finding supplies as I am to making them. i even go as far as to upcycle furniture and other items people throw out or put out for free. Many furnishings in my home are those we have fixed and given a new life. I also love using as many natural supplies as possible. I create a wide variety of items including but not limited to dream catchers, jewelry, figurines, lanterns, candle holders, personal care items (lotions, creams, soaps, etc), fairy houses, wall art, and the list goes on and on. The whole process of creating is my own personal stress relief. I love making personalized items for people. I started as an actual business of selling because i was getting so many requests for items I make....especially the custom dream catchers, mason jar lanterns, and wine glass candle holders. A big reason i love using recycled materials is to atempt to keep both my cost, and the cost to customers down. I do have crocheted items on my page as well as this is my mothers addiction. Though I only have blankets on my page, she makes just about anything you can think of and literally has thousands of patterns. I blame my crafting addictions on her. lol Anyways, feel free to ask me any questions you'd like. I have much to add to my shop still as I work 2 jobs so my free time is not as plentiful as it used to be. But i am a person that does not like to just sit around.....unless I am reading then forget about getting my attention if you are in the house with me. lol Hope you enjoy my page and products. I welcome any suggestions, questions, ideas and more than willing to share techniques and ideas to help other handmade artists. Happy creating everyone.
https://handmadeartists.com/shop/MysticB77
I also have a facebook page which includes many more of my creations both past and present. :D
https://www.facebook.com/MysticsEclecticCrafts/

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: July 09, 2018, 08:37:39 AM »
Welcome Joy,
 Jump in and make yourself at home :D

Offline MysticB77

• View Profile
Re: Hi everyone, a newbie here....
« Reply #2833 on: July 11, 2018, 12:05:35 PM »
Hello Greg. Could you please add a link to your shop page so we can better help you and see what you have to offwer. Thank you and have a great day.

Offline MysticB77

• View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: July 11, 2018, 12:38:50 PM »
Thank you very much. I am hoping my shares to other social media help others on here as well as myself. :)