Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 522790 times)

Offline JooJoobs

• View Profile
    • JooJoobs
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2805 on: September 01, 2017, 12:36:28 AM »
Hi Yana,

Jewerly is a tough niche.  Rewarding when you get successful but the startup is tough.

Use Pinterest! Its a handmade seller's best friend.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: September 01, 2017, 04:55:55 AM »
Welcome to our new members, jump in and make yourself at home!  :laugh:

Offline sac875

• View Profile
    • Compassion Accents
« Reply #2807 on: September 12, 2017, 05:59:33 PM »
Hello to all! I just recently realized that there's more to selling your creations than Etsy!  :laugh:  So, after some researching and browsing around this site, I liked what I saw and the vision behind it so thought I'd give it a go. It's so exciting to see what others have made..there is so much uniqueness in the world! I think I'm gonna like it here! Feel free to have a look at my items, I'll be posting more soon.  :)

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: September 13, 2017, 04:53:51 AM »
Welcome! Glad to have you with us! Jump in and make yourself at home

Offline Trish53

• View Profile
Hello! Would Like to Meet Everyone
« Reply #2809 on: September 22, 2017, 07:18:42 AM »
Hi, I'm Trish,
My interests are many, however I have always had an appreciation for handmade, or reuse of all items.  I learned to be crafty at a very young age, out of necessity, and have developed my craft from there.  My true passion is knitting or crocheting, however, I also enjoy sewing as well. 
When you are a crafter you are always busy with a project, however at some point you run out of people to gift your crafts to, and as we age, there are fewer babies in your life to knit or crochet for, so I decided to introduce myself to the world of crafting to see if others would be interested in my products. Whenever I have a special occasion I always prefer handmade gifts over the store purchases, and I am sure there are many more like me out there.  So, please enjoy my store front, feel free to ask questions, or just send me a message to get acquainted we can always gain from a new friend.  I am very excited to be a part of this new group of crafters, and look forward to getting to know some of you. 

Trish53

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Hello! Would Like to Meet Everyone
« Reply #2810 on: September 25, 2017, 10:02:57 AM »
Hi, Trish!

I get the "my interests are many" thing, because as anyone here will tell you, I'm the same way... the only thing I *don't* do much of is sleep.  :)  I'm also a knitter... and because I'm nuts and wanted to work my way backwards through the process, now I spin yarn too!

What else do you do or have an interest in?

Also, of course welcome to HAF.

And also also, don't forget to set up your forum profile with links to your shop(s), FB page, blog, etc.

Offline Trish53

• View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: September 25, 2017, 08:30:59 PM »
Hi,
I also like to refinish furniture, which is something that I just started doing.  I have done a little bit of quilting and found that I did not enjoy that at all, so I leave that to my sister to do.  Love, to knit, crochet, counted cross stitch occasionally, and sew. 
I am very new to the selling arena so I am learning as I go.  I have not figured out how to link my shop to other venue's as yet, but will be working on it.  I have also been reading about blogging, not sure I would be good at that but will continue to read and better understand the concept.
Please let me know what your shop is so that I can look around and get to know you and your craft.
Enjoy your Evening.
Trish53

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #2812 on: September 26, 2017, 04:00:08 PM »
Too cool!  My husband and I have refinished some pieces too, just for ourselves - our dining room set, a furniture factory cart that's now our coffee table, and a sewing table.  If you're interested, links to our projects are in my Reef Botanicals blog (link in my sig, with all my other links). 

I also thought I'd like quilting - bought a quilting kit, looked at it, and had NO desire to do it.  So weird.  I'll leave it to the experts like Sandi (iknitquiltsew).

To change your sig and add links, just look on the left under "Menu," mouse over "Profile" and click on "Forum Profile."  It's all in there.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: October 10, 2017, 07:43:51 AM »
Welcome Trish, jump in and make yourself at home!!