Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1088001 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2009, 06:27:25 AM »
Welcome to the newcomers!  This site is FULL of goings on so click around and jump in so we can admire all your talents.

Offline Haffina

• Just a little bit crazy
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • HaffinaCreations
Re: Hello to Every one
« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2009, 08:04:10 AM »
Hi Peter. Welcome to the forum!

Offline RiverOtterRustic

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 30, 2009, 09:01:46 PM »
Hi all! my name is Jon and I am from the Detroit area. Some of you may know me as RiverOtterWidget on Etsy for my steampunk home decor pieces. I also do wood carvings and dabble in wood burning. Good to meet all of you! I found out about this forum from ArmoredHearts TY for the link!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 09:05:31 PM by RiverOtterRustic »

Offline RiverOtterRustic

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 30, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 30, 2009, 09:14:47 PM »
welcome to all the new members take a look around we have quite a lot going on here so don't be scared to ask questions and also post your creations in the gallery we love looking at your pics.

ArmoredHearts

« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2009, 08:53:05 AM »
Hi all! my name is Jon and I am from the Detroit area. Some of you may know me as RiverOtterWidget on Etsy for my steampunk home decor pieces. I also do wood carvings and dabble in wood burning. Good to meet all of you! I found out about this forum from ArmoredHearts TY for the link!

Hey Jon! You made it.
Welcome to the forum!
Everyone be sure to add Jon's Etsy sites. All you Steam punkers. He has this great eye for oddities... guess that's because he's from my HOMETOWN!

Welcome all new members... See? Twitter works!

Enjoy!

Offline crazybutcute

• View Profile
    • Crazy but Cute
« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2009, 11:12:55 AM »
Hi, I am a newbie too. I just opened up an embroidery shop at etsy (crazybutcute.etsy.com) and just wanted to see how everyone else creates, markets, etc. LOL at the early post to this topic about how the forum altered the word "g-l-a-s-s"

Offline RiverOtterRustic

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2009, 01:44:57 PM »
See I wouln't have known about this forum if it hadn't been for ArmoredHearts and twitter. Thanks all for the welcome!

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2009, 01:47:21 PM »
So many new talents!  Welcome all and now I'm off to check out all the pretties!

Offline mycrystalbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2009, 06:02:38 PM »
Hi Everyone

My name is Helga, I love beading. I've been knitting and crocheting since I was a little kid, which is quite a while ago. Now beading is my favorite. I prefer working with delica beads making amulet bags. But I also would like to learn 'everything under the sun', in other words - I love to make things
That's it for now, Helga

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 01, 2009, 09:02:32 PM »
Sparks sweet mask and welcome! Glad to see you here and enjoy

Offline jewelrybyjanelle50

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2009, 07:06:21 PM »
See I wouln't have known about this forum if it hadn't been for ArmoredHearts and twitter. Thanks all for the welcome!

I found this forum through Twitter also, WELCOME. and don't be shy around here, too many good people for that!  ;D

Offline hoshikaze

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
Here via Twitter :) (is also hoshikaze there)

I'm Claire, from Western-ish New York State. I graduated with a BS in psychology back in 2006, and I work in academia providing data to the government and various college guides, along with other staff at my college.

I write, mostly novels, which I'd like to get published someday. Right now I have three completed first drafts, two of which I'd like to revise and start querying agents for. I type Dvorak instead of Qwerty - feels more natural.

And I love beads, buying and using them is great fun. I tend to wear things I make quite often, though I also wear other jewelry as well. I do some wire work to, my jewelry is a mix of beads and wire. And clay, I use Sculpty on occasion. At this point I've made gifts for others, and display some of my work on my deviant art account (I'm twig7998 over there - hoshikaze was taken already). I would like to start selling maybe next year, I can only wear/store so many necklaces.

When I buy beads and other supplies I like the local bead store, along with Joanne's crafts, and I buy online fairly often. There is something nice about the organization of a website being able to browse to exactly what I'm looking for. Though browsing through the bead store is great to, that's when I find things I wasn't looking for and have fun making things with. I guess it depends what sort of mood I'm in.

Random: My favorite color is purple, I love cats, reading, cross-country skiing, biking, mountains (PA has some great ones), I'm sort of into anime, and I knit on and off. Mostly off as the beads take up most of my craft time. They sneak into writing time to - but I can bead with more going on then I  can with writing. And going on wine tours is fun.
~Claire
Me on DevArt, Twitter *, Blogger - beads
*Yes, I changed my twitter name.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 03, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
Welcome hoshikaze nice to see you here, we are a friendly group. So take a look around strap in and enjoy the ride! ;D