Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1237909 times)

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
    • Lovely 7 Designs on Etsy
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #885 on: August 17, 2010, 12:34:55 PM »
yep.  i have no idea what else to do.    :o

and i still have NO idea how to plurk.    :-\

i feel really bad that i'm too broke to pay the stupid $5 fee here, so i have to make myself useful in other ways.

AND being unemployed is super boring. 

if i'm doing something incorrectly, make sure and let me know.  i'm flying blind here, so sorry if i've broken the bylaws of the community.   ;D

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 17, 2010, 03:04:33 PM »
We don't have a lot of laws around here, Emma, so you're all good. :) In fact, you're being helpful, so that's even better!!

Welcome everyone!! Feel free to test everything out, and don't worry about posting in the wrong spot. We'll move a post if it's in the wrong area, but that rarely happens.

Offline lovely7designs

• View Profile
    • Lovely 7 Designs on Etsy
« Reply #887 on: August 17, 2010, 04:51:39 PM »
you guys really CAN move things.  you must be wizards or something!   :o

oh, and my boyfriend warned my to stay away from the windowless van and not to take kool-aid from you guys under any circumstances. 

if i could have strangled him via text message, i totally would have.   :evil:

Offline ScarletLeonard

• View Profile
    • Scarlet Impressions Handmade Lampwork Jewellery UK
« Reply #888 on: August 18, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
Hello.

Well apparently I was already registered here, don't remember doing it but here I am now.

I'm a lampworker and jewellery artist from England. My husband and myself both work for ourselves since we have adopted the life of being self sufficient (obviously now it's practically impossible to do it totally so we just decided no more being employees.)

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 18, 2010, 08:07:06 PM »
Welcome to all the new members take your shoes off and throw your feet up on the coffee table and hang out! LOL

Offline pecanieregirl

• View Profile
Hi there!
« Reply #890 on: August 19, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
Hi, new to the shop. Read a few of your posts and already found good tips.  Visit my Etsy shop and let me know what you think!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pecanieregirl

Offline davesheelydesigns

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 19, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »
Take a minute to tell us a little about yourself.

I am Dave Sheely Designs, Seattle, WA.

I make rings, earrings, bangles and cuffs cast from an industrial grade urethane.  The urethane I use offers all of the clarity and vibrant colors of blown glass minus the weight and shatterability and it is far more durable than items made of the more commonly used resins.  I sculpt "master copies" of each design from polymer clay and make a silicone mold.  From these molds I cast the pieces in any imaginable color, in swirls of color, with various inclusions and additive powders like pearlescent and glow in the dark.  Each piece is polished by hand.

You can find me at www.davesheelydesigns.com

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 19, 2010, 09:07:31 PM »
Welcome, everyone! Great items!! :D

Dharlee

Hello from VA
« Reply #893 on: August 20, 2010, 01:13:42 PM »
Hi there, i just wanted to stop in and say hello. I won't get to surf the site too much in the next few days, but will soon. Looks to be a nice place!
I made wirewrapped jewelry btw.
~Dharlee

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 21, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »
Great to see all the new members look around and do not be scared to ask questions, we are here to help.

Offline sarahkay

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 22, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
Hello everyone....I am Sarah of http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahthornhill

I am very new to the handmade world!  I have only been making jewlery for about 4 months now.  I started because I have always loved feather earrings but every pair I found cost an outrageous amount of money  :evil: and these were mass produced! 
I try to make things that help me feel closer to nature....sounds a little corny doesn't it  :P I also run a small farm that has been in my family for over 7 generations and have just started beekeeping this year.  I enjoy being outdoors and have always felt a special connection with the earth....I am amazed at it's beauty and awed with how it has the abilty to be simple and complex at the same time.  This part of me was passed down from my Native ancestors.  I know that what we sow we reap....so I try to only put out goodness.......

One of my favorite sayings "Some day the earth will weep, she will beg for her life, she will cry with tears of blood.  You will make a choice, if you will help her or let her die, and when she dies, you too will die."  John Hollow Horn, Oglala Lakota.......

I would love it if you would check out some of my work and tell me what you think.  Like I said I am new to this so any advice would be great!

Thank you for looking

Sarah

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #896 on: August 22, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »
Welcome Sarah!  I went and took a peek at your shop.  From what I can see, your feather earrings are unique and beautiful.  I was sad that your pictures are so dark that much of the detail is hidden.  Also, I didn't see any measurements in your listings.  Are the ear wires you use sterling silver?

Hope the above is helpful for you...  I am certainly no expert!

Offline CraftedRoots

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 22, 2010, 05:14:50 PM »
GREAT items, Sarah!! But don't sell yourself short with your prices! You seem to be doing quite well for only 4 months of experience, and I think your items are worth a lot more! :)

Offline Exotic Boxes

• Designer of heirloom quality exotic wood boxes
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 23, 2010, 03:36:04 PM »

My name is Dan W., my ex talked me into getting a HAF shop and joining the forum. You know her as Jewelrybyjanelle50, or Jan. I make heirloom quality boxes out of the best of the best exotic woods to be had from around the world. Alot of them were hand picked by us when we were married. I use only the highest quality and best figured woods to enhance Almighty God's natural wonders. HE is the creator, I am just the artist he uses to showcase His work. I am not into chatting much, so excuse me for that. She, Jan, is the gabby one of the two of us.

I hope you enjoy my works, she has one of them listed in her Etsy shop, the East Indian Rosewood box.
Dan W.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #899 on: August 23, 2010, 03:38:42 PM »
I've seen your work in her photos, it's gorgeous!