Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1150831 times)

Offline mairzydozy

• View Profile
    • mairzydozy.etsy.com
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2009, 02:16:36 PM »
I am writing for both me and my sister Marie, we are both Mothers with children at home. We started mairzydozy.etsy.com in April of this year, and we are working together in a virtual mode because we live about 2 1/2 hours drive from each other.

We have been working together crafting, making music, and just having a great time for over 20 years. We both play the guitar, sing and write music.  I have recently been learning the piano and am in a progressive rock band.

My sister helped me prepare for and work craft shows (and most importantly babysat my 2 eldest children) when I was in my early 20s and she was a teenager. That was back in the late 80s, and we are still going strong. Haven't gotten sick of each other yet!

We love to create jewelry, crochet, and upcycle other people's junk.  We recently started a blog at mairzydozy.com where we give upcycling and other crafty tips, and talk about our adventures.

We are looking forward to being part of this forum!
~ Dawn & Marie ~
Original Silk Bridal Bouquets, Handcrafted Hair Forks, Silk Floral Hair Accessories, and more...Check out our jumbled and jivy creations at http://www.mairzydozy.etsy.com
And follow our blogging adventures at http://www.mairzydozy.com

Offline LauraDaGoddess

• Saving the Planet One Accessory at a Time.
    • View Profile
    • Totally Unique Treasures
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »
Greetings, I am Laura "Da Goddess"  of Totally Unique Treasures
I am a recycle artist.  I take old, broken, unwanted, and other jewelry and vintage items and combine them with other old, new, or recycled components to create new wearable art or home decor art.  I love to dig, search for, and find the components with which  I create almost as much as the creating I do with those found components.  I love craft shows, bead shows and stores, resale shops, garage sales, and flea markets.  I also love to go mining for precious and semi-precious stones.  My younger siblings call me an earth mother.
I love beads, especially Swarovski crystal, Czech Glass, and Pearls. Also, the wackier the bead seems to be to me, the better I like it and more I want to try to create with it. 

I have been artistic all my life, from drawing to sculpting to singing. However, I started my business using my artistic talents after surviving the carnage of Hurricane Katrina (yes, I lived in New Orleans for about 15 years b4 HK) in '05 and realizing that all too much in the world gets thrown away or lost. 
I believe that my business is my small contribution to not only help take care of our planet, but also to preserve small pieces of our precious history, because history seems to be where ever one can find it.  I know that my contribution seems small but I hope to inspire others, because no matter how small the action to preserve and protect our planet, every little bit helps and if a lot of people do small things then they become big things.
I have a BS in Computer Science and Information Technology.  I work for a not for profit that provides life assistance to the specially abled.  We just added a division for the same type of assistance for Disabled Veterans.  I am a part of the IT department(of course). 

I just introduced a new product to my line as well. GLAZZ TATTZ Stained Glass Stickies© Tattoos for your glass.  They are fun, totally reusable, easy to use, easy to clean, and easy to store.  No glues, adhesives or residues and totally safe for everyone.  They are a lot of fun for me to make and I can make any picture or design, in any size, that anyone could imagine. 

I hope everyone likes my creations.  Perhaps someone might find something they want to show off to their world.  I would be totally glad to reciprocate.  I also repair or rework jewelry and I take special orders. 

My store: http://tutreasures.etsy.com
Myspace:  www.myspace.com/totally_unique_treasures
My Twitter:  http://twitter.com/LauraDaGoddess
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LauraBaker#/profile.php?id=1553405949&ref=name
And now here.
You can also Google or Yahoo Totally Unique Treasures or GLAZZ TATTZ and I am first.  Woo Hoo.

PeacH <<<My way of saying Peace)

Laura "Da Goddess" AKA LDG "TUT" http://tutreasures.etsy.com
P.S. The pic is of what I am working on right now.  My wedding jewelry for me and my bridesmaids.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2009, 03:37:47 PM »
Welcome Laura and congrats on the wedding. ;D

Offline LauraDaGoddess

• Saving the Planet One Accessory at a Time.
    • View Profile
    • Totally Unique Treasures
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2009, 04:51:44 PM »
Thanks, I am already enjoying myself here.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »
Welcome to the newcomers!  Jump in and post your pretties for us to oooooh and awwwwwe over

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2009, 04:57:21 PM »
Just wanted to welcome all the new members! This is a great forum full of great people-and great creations-enjoy!  :D

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2009, 07:43:46 PM »
Hi there~ my name is Gina.  I've been lurking about the forum for the last week or so checking out this massive collection of creativity and inspiration.  What a bunch of crafty, crafty individuals you all are!

I've dabbled in a little of this and a little of that...  I'm learning jewelry making now.  Sometimes I draw, I've messed with pottery~ have a kiln and all of that equipment.  Have a fancy dancy sewing machine so I need to learn to use that now...  Tons of jewelry making equipment...  LOL

I don't know how much I'll actually be participating here other than drooling all over everyone elses work (jack of all trades, master of none) BUT WON'T THAT BE FUN!?!?  =]

Offline ZaniL Design

• Follow your Dream- you won't regret it.
    • View Profile
    • ZaniL Design Handmade Jewellery
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »
Hi, I am a new member and I am from ZaniL Design in Australia.
I have been making beaded jewellery for about 5 - 6 years and have self taught most of the techniques I know.
I mostly work in Peyote and Herringbone stitches and do a little wire work. I incorporate all of the techniques I have learnt into my designs so they are constantly evolving as I learn new techniques. I have wanted to learn chainmaille for a while and found a book at the library and made my first Mobius knot. It looks a little rough ( because I didn't have the right cutters ) , I even made my own jump rings.
I am already hooked and have already a few ideas of new designs to be incorporated with my peyote bead work. Looking forward to becoming part of your discussions and offering help where I can.

Lina
Timeless, Elegant and Distinctive Heirloom Treasures.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2009, 07:17:48 AM »
Welcome to all the new members, there is a lot going on here so take a peak around and make sure you check out the featured member ads program we are running and don't be shy to post pictures of your work in the gallery.
Enjoy

Jeanne

« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2009, 08:13:03 AM »
Welcome, everyone...enjoy!

Offline TheChainMailleLady

• Busy Weaving Silver!
    • View Profile
    • Quality Jewelry Designs by The ChainMaille Lady
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »
I could have sworn I introduced myself a long time ago. Oh well, here goes:

I'm The ChainMaille Lady, also known as Chain. I make gorgeous chainmaille one jump ring at a time...I have a radio show on www.blockheadradiolive.com called "New Discoveries", I sell my gorgeous jewelry on ArtFire and Etsy. I have a blog at www.thechainmaillelady.blogspot.com. I have 2 huge shows coming up in July so I have been busily getting ready for them. Here is a small sample of my work.

Sorry, Miss Gizmo is always trying to steel the show!!!!
~Lauren~
The ChainMaille LadyÔ
http://www.TheChainMailleLady.etsy.com
http://www.twitter.com/ChainMailleLady
http://www.TheChainMailleLady.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/TheChainMailleLady.com
°º©©º°¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨°º©©º°

Offline Lori Sue

• Sometimes you feel like a nut...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2009, 06:12:36 PM »
I am Lori Sue.  I love to make jewelry and love to investigate new avenues.  My newest avenue is indian beading.  I also like to sew (although I haven't done it in years)  I promise I will put pictures up soon.  I am married with KIDS :-), 7 total. ranging from 2 years to 14 years and only one set of twins.  So my jewelry time happens when everyone goes to sleep (or out with their friends).  My 6 year old twins, 8 year old, and 9 year old girls are starting to make jewelry now and we go to rummage sales alot and buy up jewelry for them to fool with.  They are getting their own pliers for their birthday.

I have never been a serious seller, I usually give away more than I sell.  I ran a bar for several years and I would go in one night a week and set up a booth with some friends who liked to do homemade crafts.  I sold quite a bit and was pleasantly surprised.

We are moving south of Topeka KS in July and I would love to meet people from that area.

:) Lori Sue

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
welcome Lori Sue and of of course thechainmaillelady glad to have you

Offline Manic Butterfly

• View Profile
    • Manic Butterfly Jewels
« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »