Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1201735 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1590 on: February 29, 2012, 06:06:03 AM »
Welcome, "newbee's" wishing you all the success you can handle....(smile) :-*

teniralc

« Reply #1591 on: February 29, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »
Hi everyone!  My name is Beverly, I go by the user name teniralc (that's "clarinet" spelled backwards).  I heard about this from the forums at etsy and decided to give it a whirl.  I make and sell repurposed items that I find at flea markets, yard sales, estate sales.  Currently I'm working on cigar boxes so you'll be seeing lots of jewelry/trinket boxes and cigar box purses coming up.  I also like to take old, beat up picture frames, clean them up, and make serving trays.  I have a few that I've done that will be posted soon.

Looking forward to meeting and chatting with you all.....

Offline louisiana1966

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »
  Hello! I haven't set up my shop on here yet..I have  shop on Etsy-louisiana1966-and recently closed up my studio on ArtFire..I was losing money with that venue! My Etsy shop has done fairly well;not great,but worth keeping :D
I am an ecofriendly fabric/fibre artist. I make dolls , plushies and bags from upcycled materials mainly.
I work fulltime and also am an avid swapper on swap-bot [ :D ] so I need to make the time in my days to set up here..maybe if I skip vacuuming??

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1593 on: March 03, 2012, 08:03:40 PM »
  Hello! I haven't set up my shop on here yet..I have  shop on Etsy-louisiana1966-and recently closed up my studio on ArtFire..I was losing money with that venue! My Etsy shop has done fairly well;not great,but worth keeping :D
I am an ecofriendly fabric/fibre artist. I make dolls , plushies and bags from upcycled materials mainly.
I work fulltime and also am an avid swapper on swap-bot [ :D ] so I need to make the time in my days to set up here..maybe if I skip vacuuming??

I definitely vote for skipping vacuuming!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1594 on: March 03, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »

Vacuuming, floor washing, sweeping....  any/all of those can get skipped at least for a while!  Welcome!

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #1595 on: March 03, 2012, 08:31:14 PM »

Vacuuming, floor washing, sweeping....  any/all of those can get skipped at least for a while!  Welcome!

Or anyone who loves to do these things can come do mine!

Offline Dee38753

• Live life as if there was no tomorrow!
    • View Profile
    • Southern Country Creations
« Reply #1596 on: March 05, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »
Hello Everyone!! I am new to the board and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Dee and I am addicted to crafting in many different ways. I crochet, bead, draw, paint, and sew....as well as design digital scrapbooking kits.

I have never set up a shop for any of my crafty items other than the scrapbook kits...but next week I intend to get everything up and rolling here on the site and see what happens.

I am looking forward to getting to know as many of you as possible...I need to put faces with all of those gorgeous items in the shop!!

Off to look around for a few!

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #1597 on: March 06, 2012, 09:03:19 AM »
Welcome Dee! Be sure to post some of your items in the forum gallery so we can gawk

Offline nettie

• View Profile
new
« Reply #1598 on: March 07, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
hi,im nettie, i make beaded  jewerly,necklases,bracelets,earrings.im at facebook,storenvy,multiply.com,i use very nice faceted and plastic beads,stretchycord.working on alot of other things as well.would love to make friends herewaiting to hear from everyone,nettie

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 07, 2012, 10:38:35 PM »
Hey all! Welcome to Handmade Artists! Jump right in and have fun :D:D:D

cyicrochet

« Reply #1600 on: March 08, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »
Ello all, I am A thread crochet artist, Who Loves to Crochet jewelry And More , i have another site that has all my other goodies on it, i am trying to list new items on this site,but It 's gonna take time, since yeah i have to make them first..so i better get busy...

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #1601 on: March 21, 2012, 01:15:04 PM »
Welcome, welcome everyone...jump in , enjoy, and have fun..... ;D

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 23, 2012, 06:03:30 AM »
Yeah for more creative people!  Welcome aboard, jump on in and post your pictures in the gallery for us all to see!

MidnightGypsy

« Reply #1603 on: March 25, 2012, 11:53:08 AM »
Hello everyone!  I'm Tina from Midnight Gypsy.  I actually started this crazy journey with jewelry about 5-6 years ago now.  I ran across a picture of the coolest wire-wrap ring on the net totally by accident and immediately just KNEW that I needed to learn how to do that... this was a surprising realization for me, as I've never been one that would consider myself "crafty" in the least.  The closest I ever got to "crafty" was tinkering with ceramics in my teens with my mom, and then a required art class in high school that came in the form of "Introduction to Crafts & Design"... in other words, an art class for those of us who weren't your typical artists in the sense of painting or drawing as one would normally think of (or at least that *I* would think of).  We did coil pottery, basketry, stained glass, etc.  I loved it, but never pursued anything crafty once I was out of high school.  It took me another 15 years before I'd discover my love of crafting again, via that accidental stumble onto that wire wrap ring online. 

Once I stumbled onto that ring, I started researching on the web and found some great tutorial and info sites, and before my husband knew it (LOL), our kitchen table was overflowing with all sorts of jewelry supplies and tools.  After about 6 months of tinkering with this stuff and making a jillion rings, sets of earrings, & bracelets for myself and to give away to friends and family, I decided to start trying my hand at online selling.  My husband informed me at that time that he was impressed, because he'd never seen anything hold my attention for that long.   ^-^  And here I am several years later, still in love with it all AND able to contribute to our family income with my "hobby".   :P

Over the years, my focuses have shifted here and there.  I still offer jewelry in my Etsy shop, but haven't set those listings up here on HAF yet, I just have my perfume oils here.  Somewhere along my jewelry journey, I also became interested in creating my own perfume oils.  I've been a big fan of a few niche perfumeries for many, many years - so decided I wanted to start tinkering with creating my own scents as well.  I've been doing that for myself and friends for about 3-4 years now, but last year I decided to dive in and offer my perfume oils online as well.  So far, they've done really well for me. 

A typical day here is pretty hectic.  We have a five year old daughter that I stay home with that I'll also start homeschooling this fall.  I'm thrilled to be home with her, but it can be quite a balancing act most days between her, taking care of our home, my business, creating new products, photographing, listing, packing & shipping, and helping my husband take care of our farm.  I'm really excited though, because my husband surprised me by creating me my very own studio space in our old farmhouse that's adjacent to our new home here.  He set up a room for me that he completely remodeled and textured my walls, which now simply await my painting & organizing.  As soon as I'm finally finished up with my taxes, I'll get to work on that.  Being able to be organized in my own space as opposed to being relegated to a tiny corner in our home office will be such a huge boost to my productivity levels...or so I hope.   8)

As many of you can likely tell, yes, I can be a bit windy.   :P  I'm just happy to be here and look forward to continued to success here & wish everyone else the best as well!

Tina

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #1604 on: March 25, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »
So glad you're here, Tina...you know I'm already a fan!

I'd like to put it out there that the perfume oils from Midnight Gypsy are fantastic. If you like unique quality scents I highly recommend!  :)