Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1152065 times)

Craftyfroggy

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »
Hi My name is Kim and I own Craftyfroggy. I make beaded and polymer clay handmade jewelry. I also do landscape oil paintings, custom illustrations, art photography, and digital art.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2009, 03:13:07 PM »
Welcome Kim and Enjoy feel free to post some stuff in the gallery

Offline UnaTiaEspecial

• Handmade Jewelry and Crafts
    • View Profile
    • Una Tia Especial
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2009, 08:11:58 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm Elaine and I make jewelry.  :)  My Etsy shop is Una Tia Especial, which is Spanish for One Special Aunt.  The store is named in honor of my nieces and nephews. 

I started making jewelry late last year and started my Etsy shop in January of this year.  I'm having a blast learning new techniques!  I found this site through Andrew and his Byzantine chainmaille kit.  I loved the first one so much, I bought another!

Offline IslandCrystal

• View Profile
    • IslandCrystalCrafts
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
Hello all, I have been here for alittle bit checking things out. I am Tamara from Island Crystal Crafts which is in the deep south in southeast Georgia. I am a SAHM of my 2 children and my husbands 1 durning the summer. I have always been a crafter of some sort, got that from my mom. I started making jewelry almost 2 yrs ago, and I just love it. I opened my shop on etsy about a year ago and not having much luck, but I try. I am hoping this year will be better for me. Great to meet everyone here and from what I have seen so far there is alot of talent here.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2009, 09:43:18 AM »
Welcome to all the newcomers!  We are a pretty laid back group that tends to let conversations go where they want-so sit back and jump in!

Offline maggymaes

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »
Hi Everyone!
I'm Angela aka maggymaes (big Rod Stewart fan!) I am a Licensed Esthetician and Nail Technician, and got my Esthetician license to manufacture skin care products...that was 11 years ago, I have yet to manufacture like I wanted to because I got caught up in actually doing the services.  I am now a bit burned out on doing facials, waxing etc. and would like to get back to my original passion soaps, candles, bath salts, bath fizzies,etc.  in between all that I found beads, and found I can not have enough!
       So I started making bracelets which led to necklaces and earrings, I am a Novice with a capital N!  I do not have a real Etsy page yet, I posted a couple of things but do not really understand the whole 'sell your stuff' concept, as I really want to keep it all for myself!  I need help with that! I have actually sold a few pieces of jewelry to friends and neighbors but I usually just give away my "art" as gifts. I would like to start making money selling all of my wares and any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!  
     I have two daughters, one is 21 and sort of out of the house, (although she threatens to move back in), her room is designated to be my crafting room, if she stays gone that is!  The other daughter is 17 and will be a Senior next year, so my children are almost out of the nest, and I'm using my crafts to compensate!
     Any ideas, suggestions, prodding, a good swift kick in the arse, would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks!
Angela aka maggymaes@gmail.com
angela aka maggymaes :)

Jeanne

« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2009, 09:56:22 AM »
Welcome to all the newcomers!  We are a pretty laid back group that tends to let conversations go where they want-so sit back and jump in!

You have a lot of references to jumping in.  Still want that kangaroo, eh?

Welcome to all....

Jeanne

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »
Welcome all look around we have alot of stuff going on. Including link exchanges, blog support, etc. So have fun and don't be scared to ask questions and share some pics in the gallery.

Offline ChezCraftymama

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2009, 09:39:54 PM »
Hi all ... I'm Terri, aka @terrihd and @Chez_Craftymama on Twitter (which is how I found the forum). Into all sorts of textile and wire and bead crafts. Right now embroidery is my go-to craft, but I dabble in jewelry making and am more seriously into knitting and sewing. And of course, I never have enough time to do all that I want to do. C'est la vie!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2009, 06:51:04 AM »
Welcome all enjoy your stay and we really hope to see everyone participate and have fun.

Offline designsbymarcia

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2009, 08:54:49 AM »
Hi,
I'm Marcia.  I've been into every craft and art imaginable, all my life.  I presently am making OOAK jewelry and have an etsy store, http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7208435.  I also design needlecraft, sculpt, paint, draw, resin, etc etc etc.  Thanks for ok-ing my registration!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2009, 08:56:33 AM »
Welcome Marcia strap on your seat belt and have a nice ride. Look around lot of stuff going on here and don't be shy post your work in the gallery.
Enjoy

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2009, 09:25:14 AM »
I havn't checked this thread out in a while, and I would like to welcome all the artists who introduced themselves, we are growing by leaps and bounds.
Speaking of bounds, notice all the animals here, 3 dragons, a manic butterfly, a couple of frogs,even one who is keeper of the dust bunnies, not to mention kangaroos ( had to put that one in there to make Andrew jump and spill his coffee) ;D ;D

Sara

« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2009, 11:51:30 AM »
Hi! I'm Sara, and I've been making jewelry and chainmaille for about 5 years. I just opened an etsy store (salemplus2), and have been pretty busy trying to create while raising 3 little kids! I'll be posting lots of pics-looking forward to critiques and feedback. Thanks for reading!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
Welcome Sara, take a look around and enjoy the ride.