Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1150863 times)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1260 on: May 15, 2011, 05:34:47 PM »
Hi!

My name is Nikki and I've always wanted to be an artist.  I'm not sure what I thought the qualifying factor was, but I finally have given myself permission to use that revered title.  Lol.  My current passion is making jewelry.  I especially love wire work and re-purposing vintage items...so fun!  I also have 5 kids, so I do most of my creating in the wee hours.  Send me a note if you're up!

Nikki

"Success isn't final.  Failure isn't fatal.  It's the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

www.RoklandCreations.Etsy.com

I don't know what the qualifications are either, but I know that the majority comes from the heart while the rest is blood, tears, and the willingness to grow. 

Welcome to the forum!

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1261 on: May 15, 2011, 06:18:23 PM »
Hi!

My name is Nikki and I've always wanted to be an artist.  I'm not sure what I thought the qualifying factor was, but I finally have given myself permission to use that revered title.  Lol.  My current passion is making jewelry.  I especially love wire work and re-purposing vintage items...so fun!  I also have 5 kids, so I do most of my creating in the wee hours.  Send me a note if you're up!

Nikki

"Success isn't final.  Failure isn't fatal.  It's the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

I don't know what the qualifications are either, but I know that the majority comes from the heart while the rest is blood, tears, and the willingness to grow. 

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to all the new people!  I think you're an 'artist' if there's any glimmer of creativity or invention in your final work!

Offline Choctawwoman

• View Profile
Hello Every1
« Reply #1262 on: May 16, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »
Hello, I am Claysong and I make handmade crafts. I do all sorts of stuff. I am on Twitter under Choctawwoman1 I was asked to stop by and say hello and give the link to my shop. You can view my shop here-http://www.Choctawwoman.etsy.com I hope you like what you see. I am a Wife, Mom, Veteran, Christian,writer, poet. Thanks. =:)

Offline Lisa

• View Profile
    • Alla Moda Fishy Face
« Reply #1263 on: May 17, 2011, 01:47:47 PM »
Hello, I'm Lisa.
I have recently found my passion of making jewelry and writing. I have seen that sometimes the end of the rainbow or the light at the end of the tunnel seems impossible to believe in and is so very far away. The handmade jewelry that I create, reflects the long journey that I have taken to get here.

I always strive to create unique fun jewelry, I love using elements that are imperfect as I believe that they all tell their own story. Old elements, new elements, different materials, textures and colors are combined to create special pieces of jewelry that are one of a kind. I look forward to getting to know everyone!...

Offline danglesandbaubles

• Can't draw, but give me a rock and some metal...
    • View Profile
    • Dangles and Baubles
« Reply #1264 on: May 18, 2011, 08:48:43 PM »
Hi! My name is Karen and I am a self-taught wire wrapping artist. Also known as Dangles & Baubles Fine Art Jewelry.

I've got an etsy store and am in the process of setting up my very own website.  :) I love "rocks" as I call them, and enhancing the beauty of gemstones using sterling silver and gold filled wire.

I am really looking forward to being a part of this community!

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #1265 on: May 19, 2011, 02:10:54 AM »
Hello, I'm Lisa.
I have recently found my passion of making jewelry and writing. I have seen that sometimes the end of the rainbow or the light at the end of the tunnel seems impossible to believe in and is so very far away. The handmade jewelry that I create, reflects the long journey that I have taken to get here.

I always strive to create unique fun jewelry, I love using elements that are imperfect as I believe that they all tell their own story. Old elements, new elements, different materials, textures and colors are combined to create special pieces of jewelry that are one of a kind. I look forward to getting to know everyone!...

Welcome,  I looked at your links, nice.  Please let me know if you would like to exchange links.  My site is in the midst of transformation and I am working up to doing a blog.
Lisa E

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 19, 2011, 02:13:26 AM »
Hi!

Nikki

Welcome,
I looked at your link and like your art :)
Lisa

Offline LisaE

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 19, 2011, 02:17:08 AM »
Hello, hello... I'm Chris, I have a small line of tees called Procrastenabled... I'm looking forward to checking out the rest of the site, but I thought I'd say hi first...  Good to be here! 

Cheers!

Chris
Procrastenabled Designs

http://www.etsy.com/shop/procrastenabled
Great shirts and great name :)

Offline Karoger87

• You can't get a rainbow without the rain :D
    • View Profile
    • Resplendence
« Reply #1268 on: May 20, 2011, 10:47:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,
My name is Sarah. I Have been crafting for about 4 years, but I have always loved painting....but have never been very good at it :/  I make jewelry, Dreamcatchers, Polymer clay jewelry and magnets, Hairbows, knitted items, and paintings.  I also play piano, I'm good but not super good.  When I was 18 I was diagnosed with heart failure and cardiomyopathy. And over the years I had a defibrillator implanted, and had Adult stem cell therapy in the Dominican Republic. In march 2010, I had a heart transplant.  And so far I'm doing great =)  I think that if it wasn't for my illness (and youtube video, lol) I wouldn't be as good at what i do, as I am today :D
[/font]

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #1269 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »
Hi Everyone,
My name is Sarah. I Have been crafting for about 4 years, but I have always loved painting....but have never been very good at it :/  I make jewelry, Dreamcatchers, Polymer clay jewelry and magnets, Hairbows, knitted items, and paintings.  I also play piano, I'm good but not super good.  When I was 18 I was diagnosed with heart failure and cardiomyopathy. And over the years I had a defibrillator implanted, and had Adult stem cell therapy in the Dominican Republic. In march 2010, I had a heart transplant.  And so far I'm doing great =)  I think that if it wasn't for my illness (and youtube video, lol) I wouldn't be as good at what i do, as I am today :D
[/font]

Welcome!  Glad to have you here!

Offline Sarahmonster

• Monster's Mouth-Watering Morsels
    • View Profile
    • Monster's Mouth-Watering Morsels
« Reply #1270 on: May 22, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
Hi everyone.  I found this site through twitter!  It is a blessing to have a place such as this for those of us who do handmade!

Anyways, I'm Sarah.  I'm 21 years young and I work with Polymer Clay.  It started out as a hobby that I could do to make peices for myself, then I started to give them away to friends and family, and soon after people were offering to buy them from me so I decided to start my own business.  It's not much off the ground yet but I'm excited to get it going!!

I love all things that are sweet, cupcakes, ice cream. lollipops, anything.  Pink is my favorite color and it will be used many times over in my creations lol.

I enjoy horror movies, and in my free time I work as a blogger part time.  My life is simple and fairly carefree. Just trying to make some money and get my work seen like everyone else!!

So nice to be here, hope to get to know you all better. :)

glitterfrog

« Reply #1271 on: May 22, 2011, 11:40:02 PM »
Hi everyone! My name is Vicki. I'm new to this whole jewelry-making thing. I've always wanted to bead, and have dabbled in it here and there, but now I'm getting serious about it. I'm excited to be here.

Umm...I don't really know what else to say. I'm horrible at this whole "introduce myself" stuff. If you want to know more about me, read my blog (http://theglitterfrog.com) or follow me on the Twitter! @VickiLikesFrogs

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 23, 2011, 05:12:39 AM »
Welcome to all the new members!  We love to hear about your work and your life.  When you get a chance, post a picture or two in the gallery section of the forum so we can see what you have been up to! 

Click around and ask questions...we are a pretty friendly bunch.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 23, 2011, 06:35:27 AM »
Welcome everyone to the forum, the kitchen in on the right help yourself :D

BernoullisAttic

« Reply #1274 on: May 23, 2011, 05:18:27 PM »
Hello everyone.  Wanted to stop in and say hello from Bernoulli's Attic.  My banner says "Handmade Oddments & Whimsies" and that pretty much sums up my work.  There's crochet, jewelry and little odds-n-ends decoratives. 

I'm just starting to stock the shop here at Handmade Artists, but please stop by my webpage at http://BernoullisAttic.com

or find me on Facebook at http://Facebook.com/BernoullisAttic.

Looking forward to chatting with you all in the near future...

Noulli