Author Topic: Welcome and some advice  (Read 9883 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Welcome and some advice
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »
Larissa,   just go on being yourself.....    flake, know  it all b....  or  whatever else you choose to be.   You are doing fine.   Just don't let a stranger  get close enough to hit you.    I personally prefer the straight forward way of saying and doing things....    then  we all know where we stand.   You are doing fine  and I, for one  appreciated the  info I glean from your posts.

Ah, thanks!

Offline byEmilie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 09:47:54 AM »
I tried to get my avatar loaded up but it keeps telling me needs to be 125x 125pix not working for me.  :(

Well one only needs to be presistent to finally figure things out. Got my avatar up. YEAH!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:35:58 AM by byEmilie »

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
Try to upload it here in this thread and we'll check the size for you.

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »
it has probably been almost 2 years trying to get the new site done.
I'm as frustrated as everyone else.
We fired a developer, hired one they quit because they were a flake, rehired the first one again, fired them, and now on another one. They are doing well, just have been having some stumbling blocks. It will eventually get done, just want the core code to be right.

:( Well, I for one am sad about this. I can only imagine your frustration with the whole situation. Finding good people is really hard and only seems to be getting harder. Wish I could help you.

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2015, 01:51:40 PM »
I made a video tutorial on how to set up your avatar on the HA Blog....  there's also one on how to set up your shop banner.  Maybe I need to do a video tutorial on creating your avatar banner from the start.  What do you think?

Offline byEmilie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »
I figured it out awhile ago ...

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2015, 09:03:32 AM »
I am so glad to see new names  on the forum!   The site is growing and seems to be flourishing!    Yea!!1
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18

Offline NaturallyNickelFree

• View Profile
    • Naturally Nickel Free
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2015, 09:31:14 AM »
I'm curious if any of them (like me) are refugees from ArtFire's past year of shenanigans. When you look around for sites that are really all handmade, there are not that many to choose from. I can handle non-handmade virtual-neighbors just for shopping, but I can't bring myself to promote them. It's also nice to be able to actually recommend the site to real-life neighbors who may also want to set up a shop. I haven't been able to do that for a while.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2015, 09:40:37 AM »
We have refugees from everywhere. The issue has been, from the beginning, is that people come here and do not put in the effort to start over again. They may have been on etsy or artfire for years and have developed a following if you will and expect that immediately here. They may have 100's of items elsewhere but only a few here, and complain about not selling. Yet you go to their blog and they are promoting there etsy shop, their tweets and FB postings are for there etsy shop.
It is just frustrating for us as the owners of this site, to much in and out has made it a slow grow. A couple of years ago we had almost 300 more vendors, but they bailed wanting instant gratification instead of putting in a little effort.
We are still looking to the future in a positive note, we are in it for the long haul and will continue to do our best to promote handmade.

Offline byEmilie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2015, 10:41:36 AM »
Bravo ... OK, Never thought of myself as a refugee ...but that certainly is a good way to put it.

Think I'm trying to do too much, which isn't unusual for anyone in the cottage crafting industry. Still want to have 100+ items up for sale by the end of this month and for some reason I don't think I'm going to make it. However, if I'd quit working out in the garden, eliminate my friends garage sale that I said I would help with and gallivanting off to Bay Beach with my Grand-kids to ride on the Tilt-A-Whirl  and bumper cars maybe I'd have things a bit more in line with my business.
  :P

Ah well, I'd love to start seeing some sales after I reach 100+ items up for sale, until than I'm having a bit of fun this summer since this season is so very short here in Wisconsin. I don't plan on giving up on this site anytime soon in fact I'm hoping this one will exceed what I've done on Etsy in time. I too am here for the long haul ...but I know it will take time and effort on my part to get it really kicked into gear. Till than Happy Crafting and sales everyone!!!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
I am waiting to get my move done and my studio set up again. I miss not making stuff!  I am trying to promote the site a bit more now, but even that is not really up to snuff right now.