Author Topic: New Twitter Ring for Spring  (Read 32430 times)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
New Twitter Ring for Spring
« on: February 23, 2013, 01:25:08 PM »
Twitter ring will be a bit simpler this time around.  Sign up is open to everyone obviously.  But all you have to do is to go to the forum board and find that weeks Facebook Member spotlight thread and tweet all the links there during the week.  Tweet them as much as you want, just be sure to use hash tag at the end #HAF or #HAS so that we know you have done it and we can retweet them. Make sure you follow everyone on twitter who signs up or you will have to go to their twitter board in order to retweet.  List you twitter profile url when you sign up.

Each week a new thread for the week will be started so we can more easily see what we are doing.

Simple eh?

Each FB Spotlight thread will have that weeks date in the thread title.  Each one covers a specific category, shop and item so this way, these get a lot of really good promotion from both FB and Twitter.

Ok, let's get going.  Sign up is open here.

I'll go first.

Pam - Bead Thing
https://twitter.com/abeadthing

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
Re: New Twitter Ring for Spring
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:59:34 AM »
Naw, I will post the information here as well.

Offline CarolinaCottonCompany

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
This is MY first two Rings :) I am joining the one iknitquiltsew is doing on Google plus as well... So I tweet and facebook...whoever is featured...and we all take turns posting and get featured once? Is this right? :) Sounds fun!
I am Lisa Ann Toney of  Carolina Cotton Company !
http://www.carolinacottoncompany.com/ is my homepage...
facebook at http://www.facebook.com/CarolinaCottonCompany
and Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/carolinacottonc
I would love to share and be shared! :)
Thanks a billion!
Lisa Ann :)

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:51:39 AM »
I just, today, not two hours ago signed up for a twitter account, all I know is my address @AlixAlchemy

Would some one be so kind as to volunteer to mentor or tutor me in how to use Twitter, I am not stupid, but the site is not intuitive and I got so frustrated with signing up I almost gave up.  I have no idea how to do anything on it.

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »
I just, today, not two hours ago signed up for a twitter account, all I know is my address @AlixAlchemy

Would some one be so kind as to volunteer to mentor or tutor me in how to use Twitter, I am not stupid, but the site is not intuitive and I got so frustrated with signing up I almost gave up.  I have no idea how to do anything on it.
here is your twitter page and I'm a follower. lol
https://twitter.com/AlixAlchemy
I mostly use mine to share blog posts and items, but there is a lot you can do with twitter.  There is hoot suite and other sites to help you scheduale your tweets, and I use twitterfeed to automatically tweet new items and blog posts.  Any questions, just ask!  I use mine mostly from my phone.

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 11:14:54 AM »
Pushing the Tweet Button is easy, it's all the other stuff, re-tweet, follow, addresses, the Hash tags, those confuse me no end.  What is the difference between @ and #.

I don't get it.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 11:15:27 AM »
like Debbi said there is a lot you can do with twitter, or you can do little.  first you may want to check out some of the people that it sees as people you may want to follow and follow them.  You may want to go through some of the forum or vendors here and follow some of them (us).  Get in on hootsuite to set up scheduled tweets for the ring or other things as you may way.  I have I guess it is twitterfeed, been so long I don't remember but my FB posts get tweeted or twitter posts to FB, sorry can't remembe rwhich, my blog gets tweeted automatically to twitter and I think I have my shop set up that way too.  Come to think of it I may need to check this mess out.

Other than that you go there and just tweet your own comments as you want it tells you how many characters that you can use.  learn to use hash tags etc.  easypeasy right?

BTW,  I am a follower. 

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 11:21:25 AM »
like Debbi said there is a lot you can do with twitter, or you can do little.  first you may want to check out some of the people that it sees as people you may want to follow and follow them.  You may want to go through some of the forum or vendors here and follow some of them (us).  Get in on hootsuite to set up scheduled tweets for the ring or other things as you may way.  I have I guess it is twitterfeed, been so long I don't remember but my FB posts get tweeted or twitter posts to FB, sorry can't remembe rwhich, my blog gets tweeted automatically to twitter and I think I have my shop set up that way too.  Come to think of it I may need to check this mess out.

Other than that you go there and just tweet your own comments as you want it tells you how many characters that you can use.  learn to use hash tags etc.  easypeasy right?

BTW,  I am a follower.

Do what?

Seriously, you guys are throwing info at me like I know what you're talking about.  I don't.

What's a Hoot Suite.

I am following several HA Boards and Vendors already, simply because I had to choose something to get the account going.  (I HATED being forced to follow crap I am not interested in. I don't care what Britteny Spears is doing).

Schedule tweets, huh?

You lost me after tweet...  :laugh:

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 11:45:17 AM »
No problem Alix, this too shall you conquer.  Just check hootsuite.com or there is also I think it is called 'twuffer'.  I used it but I like hootsuite better. and you can set it up to also post to FB or other groups if you like.

It just takes a little time to get used to it, you will be fine.

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 11:46:44 AM »
ok class...come to order... ;)
@ is what you use to look for a certain tweeter (person) or if you are talking about them in a tweet and want them to see it. kind of like tagging in facebook.
# (hashtag) is what you use at the end of your tweet for a specific category that others may be looking for, kind of like a tag or keyword (#jewelry #chainmaille).  when you tweet anything about your shop here, or want us here to see and share it, use #haf and/or #hafshop in your tweet.  several of us look for these tags and retweet those tweets.
re-tweet is when you see something that someone else shared that you also want to share.  just hover over a tweet, and at the bottom choices come up (expand, reply, retweet, favorite, more) and you can click on retweet to share that with your followers.  it's easy to share new items that way.
twitterfeed is what I use to automatically feed new items in my shop and new blog posts to my twitter and facebook.  it's pretty easy to use, and you don't really need to maintain it, just check the feed every now and again.  http://twitterfeed.com/
hootsuite is also fairly easy to use, and I like it so I can set up item tweets (and twitter ring tweets) for the week in one sitting.  and that way, even if I don't get online for a day or two, google still sees me as active.  it also hooks to twitter, facebook, and several other sites.  http://hootsuite.com
just take your time, you don't have to learn it all at once.  and if you find that after a while you don't enjoy it, or still don't get it, drop it and try another social media.  but I'm here if you have any questions.  and I'm sure there are even more people with more tips than these.  just play around and enjoy.
now...class dismissed.  ;D
Debbi

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 11:42:11 PM »
Thanks, teacher.  :laugh: I appreciate your handling that one.  Your explanations are so much better than mine.

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 08:14:51 AM »
Composition question:

So if I wanted to Tweet about Chainmaille, I would write something like

blah blah blah @AlixAlchemy blah blah blah bracelet blah blah blah #chainmaille

So what I did was tell me about a bracelet that is in the tagged chainmaille.

OK, I think I'm getting it.  Sort of.  It's just going to take me a while to get use to the terms and where things go.  I think the more advanced stuff Hoot Suite and what not will have to wait until I figure out how to actually compose a tweet properly first.  :laugh:

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
Composition question:

So if I wanted to Tweet about Chainmaille, I would write something like

blah blah blah @AlixAlchemy blah blah blah bracelet blah blah blah #chainmaille

So what I did was tell me about a bracelet that is in the tagged chainmaille.

OK, I think I'm getting it.  Sort of.  It's just going to take me a while to get use to the terms and where things go.  I think the more advanced stuff Hoot Suite and what not will have to wait until I figure out how to actually compose a tweet properly first.  :laugh:
I can give you a B on this...if you are talking about yourself, you don't need to @alixalchemy because the comment is already on your wall...but if you wanted to talk about Andrews stuff (or for him to be notified of your tweet) then you would...
blah blah blah @chainmaille by mboi blah blah blah #chainmaille

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »
I only used me because I was afraid that actually using @someone would post it to their page.  OK so that is not the case unless you actually tweet it.  Got it, sort of I think.  I will get there!