Author Topic: Anybody from Alabama?  (Read 949 times)

Offline Beth

• View Profile
Anybody from Alabama?
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
Hi, 
I'm new and am living in Oak Grove, AL.  It's really Bessemer, which is south of Birmingham.  I'm originally from Maine and consider myself a Maine-ah, but due to the fact my daughters both met guys from AL, and I have 4 grandchildren, that's why I'm down here.
Always looking for information about craft shows, etc.
Seeing as I'm new to this area (been here since June 2012), it's hard finding things and getting information.
Thanks!
Beth

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody from Alabama?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 06:32:37 AM »
living in the south, but not alabama, i do have a friend from a small town between Aniston and Huntsville.  she does bead weaving and has an etsy shop.  you mentioned Maine, I have a jewelry friend who is also a "downeaster."  i had family who lived in Cape Neddick, which is also where my father and brother's ashes were spread (Perkins Cove).  if you go to about.com and then the jewelry making area, in tammy's forum, you can find "Lolly" (Alabama) and "ProsGal" (Maine) as active members of that forum.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline Beth

• View Profile
Re: Anybody from Alabama?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:43:52 AM »
I grew up in Sanford, which is very close to Perkins Cove.  Heck, I used to work down in Perkins Cove for several years.  Every time I go back to visit, I have to go down to the cove to do my "souvenir" shopping :)
Thanks for the post!  Will go check out your suggestions.