Author Topic: (SOLVED) Having Trouble with Re-list to add new item  (Read 1541 times)

Offline PixelPoint

• View Profile
(SOLVED) Having Trouble with Re-list to add new item
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:19:59 PM »
Hello, I am new here so I may be just bumbling around incorrectly.

I am trying to add listings by "reusing" an existing listing.  So here is my work flow:

I load a listing normally.
I then select that listing and hit the icon for re-list
I keep all that I want to duplicate and that goes fine
The trouble occurs at the pictures dialog - I replace the primary image and leave everything else alone.
I continue and the new item is created and shows up in the store.
BUT -- I get all kinds of screwy images as part of the thumbnail display for that product or the  "busted link" icon.

I also sometimes get this error message when updating:

Warning: unlink(useruploads/07022013205524/products/201302072141503820d/gallery/front_thumb3_238a007022013094151.jpg) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in/home/artists/public_html/add_product.php on line 1452Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/artists/public_html/add_product.php:1452) in /home/artists/public_html/add_product.php on line 1459

So what I am doing wrong or is the site just behaving abnormally at the moment or?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:23:08 PM by Chainmaille By MBOI »

Offline PixelPoint

• View Profile
Re: Having Trouble with Re-list to add new item
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:31:10 PM »
Additional Info:  If I edit the new listing that shows the busted links or strange pix, then everything looks correct in all the edit dialogs including the picture dialog.

I am including a URL to a listing that shows a broken link:

https://handmadeartists.com/product-details/Paper%20and%20Books/Journals/Petite%20Journal%20%20Cupid%20Brand%20Citrus%20%20Fruit%20Crate%20Art%20Print%20Cover/?pid=2013020813253792382

I am attaching a screen shot of the editing dialog for that listing that appears to show that all is well.

Thanks to all that helping me!  Thank you!

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 04:41:23 PM »
Honestly the relist function gets buggy sometime. Listing from scratch may be the best choice at this time.

Offline PixelPoint

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »
OkieDokie!

I am trying to port a product line out of Etsy to your site as I like the vibe and exposure here so much better.  I was hoping a to find a way to ease the pain. =)

Any tips?

thank you for your help!

dan

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »
Copy and paste is the easiest, we held off on the etsy importer for now. We may implement one before the year is out.

Offline MulchandMore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 11:23:56 PM »
I'm new here too, but think I've used a way around the picture problem. I listed three (new-not on etsy) items that are similar to each other. for the second listing, I opened the first, copied my description, then went to add new item and pasted. this gave me a template to edit, then just filled in the other info and pictures.
Don't know if this would help anyone else.

Offline PixelPoint

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 11:37:08 PM »
Thanks for the tips and status!

I loaded up my clipboard (one that accepts multiple copies) with the basic info that is similar between listings and am just going to add a few products a day by copy/paste.

This is OK for me.

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »
relist is for changing that item, not for adding a new item.  the program remembers all images associated with that listing.  You need to use the New for each item, unless you have multiple of the same, then put the number available in you listing and you don't have to list each item.  Example, if I had five hats that were the same, then I would have one listing and indicate that I had five in inventory.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline PixelPoint

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:38 AM »
Thank you!

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
Re: (SOLVED) Having Trouble with Re-list to add new item
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 09:36:44 PM »
just a heads up....if you are copy and pasting your items from another site, and still have your items listed on that site, google will see that as duplicate content and won't cache your page.  I found that out the hard way.  So if you are going to list in more than one place, make changes to your content...shop announcement, item descriptions, profile.  It may be more work, but will be worth it in the end.
Debbi