Author Topic: Comments, opinions, critiques welcomed!  (Read 16786 times)

Offline ShaZazzGlass

• View Profile
Comments, opinions, critiques welcomed!
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »
Now that I have a few items listed I would like opinions and/or comments on my lampwork beads and jewelry.  I am especially interested in comments from other lampworkers and jewelry designers.  Do you find my prices fair - too high - too low - are my photos presenting attractively - am I including enough information about the item?  It is always helpful to see things from someone elses eyes.  Thank you in advance and keep your flame burning bright! :D   https://handmadeartists.com/shop/shazazzglass

Offline Nárrína

• Handmaden Designs LLC
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Handmaden Designs LLC
Re: Comments, opinions, critiques welcomed!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
Looks good to me!  Your photographs are nice and clear and the posing of the jewelry is quite attractive. It makes the photos more enjoysble to look at and grabs your attention well.  I've not done any lampworking to know all the time/material that goes into it, but your prices look fair to me.

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 02:04:26 AM »
Your shop looks good.  The only thing is that on my monitor, the contrast seems a little low.  Good luck.

Offline CrayonJungle

• View Profile
    • Crayon Jungle
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:02:58 AM »
Hello there!

First of all, your work is just beautiful! I absolutely love anything turquoise so I love you have some pieces that include that.

Your photos are bright and the focus is spot on. They are attractive photos and your arrangement of the jewelry in the photos is very good. As a photographer (though you can't tell from my shop LOL we moved and I just now got all my stuff out again) some of the photos drive me crazy only because you didn't erase all the background. For example,

https://handmadeartists.com/product-details/Jewelry/Sets/Handmade%20Lampwork%20Focal%20Pendant%20Necklace%20and%20Earrings/?pid=2013022323284592382

The second photo, upper left corner. But I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't even notice much less it affect what they think about your items.

I like that you have a nice range of prices. I admit to not knowing how they compare as I don't know much about this particular type of jewelry so can't really help there.

Overall I really like the look and presentation of your store!

Offline ShaZazzGlass

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 03:39:15 AM »
Hello there!

First of all, your work is just beautiful! I absolutely love anything turquoise so I love you have some pieces that include that.

Your photos are bright and the focus is spot on. They are attractive photos and your arrangement of the jewelry in the photos is very good. As a photographer (though you can't tell from my shop LOL we moved and I just now got all my stuff out again) some of the photos drive me crazy only because you didn't erase all the background. For example,

https://handmadeartists.com/product-details/Jewelry/Sets/Handmade%20Lampwork%20Focal%20Pendant%20Necklace%20and%20Earrings/?pid=2013022323284592382

The second photo, upper left corner. But I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't even notice much less it affect what they think about your items.

I like that you have a nice range of prices. I admit to not knowing how they compare as I don't know much about this particular type of jewelry so can't really help there.

Overall I really like the look and presentation of your store!

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your input!  While I appreciate the compliments, it's the "...some of the photos drive me crazy only because you didn't erase all the background." things that are very helpful and provide me things to look for in future photos.  Thanks again!

Offline ShaZazzGlass

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 03:43:38 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment and I am glad to hear that you find my photos to be attractive.  Sometimes it just makes me crazy trying to get a decent photo as I am shooting with a little Canon Power Shot that does not have a lot of bells and whistles. :)

Looks good to me!  Your photographs are nice and clear and the posing of the jewelry is quite attractive. It makes the photos more enjoysble to look at and grabs your attention well.  I've not done any lampworking to know all the time/material that goes into it, but your prices look fair to me.

Offline ShaZazzGlass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 03:45:32 AM »
Thank you for your input!  It is always helpful to know how my photos are presenting to different monitors.   :)

Your shop looks good.  The only thing is that on my monitor, the contrast seems a little low.  Good luck.

Offline SewSimplyBeauty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:24 PM »
Hello ~
I don't work in glass, but took a look at your shop today. Your work is very beautiful and very unique. I loved what I saw!
Your pics are clear and show the detail I would like to see if I were in the market to purchase the pieces.
I liked you descriptions also - and your announcement at the top of your shop was good, informative and also interesting.
Good luck selling :)
Debra (SewSimplyBeauty)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 07:04:38 AM »
First thing I notice is how clear your pictures are...happily clicked to see them bigger!  Love that you think to put in your measurements for everything including the pendant drops since so many leave that out.

My one suggestion was one given to me a long time ago and that is to remember that most of the world uses metric measurements.  You may consider adding your measurements in cm as well as inches for those that think in metric to make it easier.