Author Topic: [ON LIST] Managing Products  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
[ON LIST] Managing Products
« on: December 08, 2012, 11:25:08 AM »
Is there a way, when managing products, to go to a specific page?  I have been going through and updating my descriptions.  When I am not on page 1, 2 or 3, going to each subsequent piece to update it is a very time consuming process because I have to click 3, then 5, etc, until the page number pops up.  I am sure there must be an easier way that I am just not seeing.
Thanks.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
Re: Managing Products
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:55:38 PM »
you can easily find a piece if you know the name or part of the title of the piece you are looking for - just go to manage products then there is a search box just above the start of your listings - type in the title or part of it and hit search...I use it a lot

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
Thanks, that doesn't work for what I am doing because I am trying to update all my descriptions and tags and the best way to do that is page by page.  It was easy enough for the first 3, but it is becoming quite tedious now that I am at page 11 with 23 to go.

Offline Jhowarth

• Head of Development Roo
  • Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 05:20:06 AM »
Better pagination is a feature we are looking at adding at some point :)
This Code Monkey of Love says, "Thrive on Passion"

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
Re: [ON LIST] Managing Products
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 10:36:55 AM »
Thanks Josey, for "on the list" what would be most helpful with regard to pages would be a "go to page __" feature if that is possible.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 02:17:36 PM »
Really looking forward to a better pagination system!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:14:31 PM »
The pagenation on the manage product screen seems to be using javascript. Maybe set up like other pages and get rid of the javascript there. Might help, I'm sure Josey will know the best way to handle it.

Offline RiverRockArts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 12:54:01 PM »
I also had the same problem when editing many of my listings today.  When I hit the back button, I want to go back to the page I left off on, but it goes to page one again.  Then I have to go through the previous pages to get back to where I left off.  It's very time consuming when you are updating many listings.  Even if all the page numbers showed or there was a jump to a page feature, it would be helpful.  It would also help if you could update from each page instead of clicking through all of them when editing.  Most of the time what I am editing is on the first page.

Also, a related question.  Why does the page go back to the first page of the edit when updating a listing?  Wouldn't it be better to go to the listing itself so the seller could check the edits to be sure they came out the way the seller intended?