Author Topic: Arizona or Montana anyone?  (Read 1684 times)

rockhounddesigner

Arizona or Montana anyone?
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:32:43 PM »
I'm from Montana (basically live in Helena) but am visiting down in Arizona because my "day job" is slow right now.  I'm near Wickenburg which is NW of Phoenix but also have been in Quartzsite and since there are a lot of people who do handmade work there I figured maybe someone else from HAF is here. 

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona or Montana anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 09:30:08 AM »
Kimberly is originally from Montana, in Kalispell.

Offline thunderroseleather

• Handmade functional art.
    • View Profile
    • Thunder Rose Leather
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 12:43:35 PM »
Hi, John and I are from Arizona. Around the Sedona area. We have done many shows in Wickenburg. I've been thru Montana and almost moved there before coming here. It's beautiful country. Quartzsite is really something... We didn't get there this year. I heard this was the last year for them....

Chainmaille, we really loved Kalispell when passing thru.

It's great to meet you Rock Hound! Your jewelry is so beautiful.
Debbie

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 04:05:51 PM »
Yup, born in Bozeman and then raised around the west coast before landing again in Kalispell....of course, I now live in New Jersey!  Hopefully there will be some others that jump in from the forum from a bit closer to home.

rockhounddesigner

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 11:07:01 AM »
Hi, John and I are from Arizona. Around the Sedona area. We have done many shows in Wickenburg. I've been thru Montana and almost moved there before coming here. It's beautiful country. Quartzsite is really something... We didn't get there this year. I heard this was the last year for them....

Chainmaille, we really loved Kalispell when passing thru.

It's great to meet you Rock Hound! Your jewelry is so beautiful.
Debbie

Thank you Debbie.  I have been to Sedona a few times and even have a rockhounding friend who lives there.  It is beautiful and I love it but I would miss the mountains and trees in Montana if I moved there (plus it's a bit spendy so I've heard). 
As for Quartzsite, I don't think this was the last year but it is slowly dying unfortunately.  With taxes in the town, corruption, and the bad economy I would not be surprised if the shows moved on and the town dried up.  That would be a shame especially since Tucson is so expensive and crowded that Quartzsite was a great alternative.
Glad to meet you too.  You have beautiful leather work in your shop.  I love the beading you do on them. 

Offline Toni

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »
I just joined and am in Plains, Montana.

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 02:20:28 PM »
I just joined and am in Plains, Montana.

Wecome Toni from one Montana native to another!