Author Topic: Sorry I have not been around a lot, I had a health glitch,I might as well confes  (Read 2917 times)

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
I don't know if many of you know I am a stroke survivor, I had a small bleedd into the brain, It was long to heal and obstacles were hard to get over, I finally got pass but gained lots of weight from the seisure meds. That was more than 15 years ago, you would not know because I slowly lost the weight and was healthy. I let the stress eat at me and started eating for comfort and have gained lots of weight and my blood pressure has been out of control a while now. It also caused blockages in my neck in the carotid artery on both sides, 50% anyway I had a TIA stroke a few weeks ago and hey found the blockage. It explained my exhaustion, vision problems and memory loss, I thought I had Alzheimer's . Good news is no surgery for now, I have some time to make health changes, lose weight, I gain back 65 pounds of the 84 I lost before, My Dr wants me to lose that start slow walking again, I am doing a mile a day for now, I am back on blood thinners he added another blood pressure pill, I am now a walking pharmacy, something I do not like.

I thought I would write this here and only have to do it once, I am not going to focus on this, I am focusing on getting healthy fast. I have had to cancel several things lately I could not go to a benefit, I mailed my donations of art and a trip to the Tennessee mountains to a friends cabin, I am not pleased, so I will be working on getting healthy, I will use my art to relieve stress, list a little, and decide about shows later.
I didn't want you all to think I was deserting you, or leaving. Please forgive my lack of participation sometimes, it is not because I don't want to do it, I just have to pace myself more until I feel more well. I love all of you, I promise you will not have to endure whining, I do not whine, this is information to my friends XXX

myeuropeantouch

Oh Nancy......I wont make any comments on the past and rather look forward with you. Praying and wishing you determination to do what must be done and if you ever do need to vent....please PM.
I am so very glad you do not have to have the surgery and for now just BE the walking pharmacy, it WILL get better, I know...
Blessings to you on our journey, I will be thinking about you and praying for you....daily
 :-*
(((hugs))) Monika
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:18:41 AM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
I have been praying for you Nancy, knowing something was up but not exactly what, you are in my prayers always.  Whining when one is down is allowed when it is needed.  If not publicly then as Monika suggested, PM someone.  I am as many are always here for you.  I do understand the need to regain your health and its importance to what you want to do.  Focus on that and your art for the relief of the stress.  You are so inspired by the things around you that you inspire so many others.  Take care, get healthy and rejoin us only when you feel you can.  We are always here.  We love you and wish only the best for you.
Pam

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Nancy, Take care of yourself.  I hope you feel better quickly. My mother has a stroke a number of years ago, I know it can be difficult. I hope your art helps you to let go of the stress.

Offline meredeth11

• View Profile
Hello, Nancy, It is the first time that I read about you, sorry for what you have been through for the past days, I am sure everything will be OK when you get your determination to do something beneficial for your health, life is supposed to be not that hard 'cause I do believe that all the pain we are fighting for would be rewarded someday  in forms that we can finally accept. When I am saying this kind of stuffs, I mean, just go and do the determined things with your utmost effort, actively and positively. Find yourself something fun and pleasant to deal with when in your recovery phase, we are here waiting for your good news!  :)
Believe, Wait, Accept and Love all beauties happened in life patiently and piously.

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
Nancy, you do have to take care of yourself.  Have some patience with yourself, and don't push too hard   Sometimes I think when we push too hard, we can cause things to go haywire.   Take care and wishing you the best!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
OMG, Nancy, take care of yourself!  And ditto Pam, you can always come here to vent or bounce things off of us, or just look for a sympathetic virtual ear.  I do disagree with her, though, in that I wouldn't consider it whining.  Just friends being there for each other in good and bad.  Isn't that what friends do?

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your support:) I really love you guys! I want to talk about the up side of this and make that my focus. I have been working for 2 weeks on my weight loss and eating program, I have lost 5.6 pounds and 9 inches off my waist,hips,bust combined, 5 off my waist which is beneficial to stave off the diabetes the heart doc warned me was 10 points away if I didn't do something fast .
I have to go get ready for my day, I have walked a mile this morning, I have done so every day this week, I am to work up to 2 a day, and I will:)
My blood pressure is normal again,first time in years:)

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
Nancy, You go Girl. Sounds like you are making progress. We are all here to cheer you on. Let us know if we can help in any way. ;)

Offline bodaciousbuttonz

• Vintage BuTTons and Baubles
    • View Profile
    • bodaciousbuttonz.com
Bless your heart... I know that when we are faced with such challenges it can feel enormous... You are a survivor...Your art is the key to your healing ..If you need a person to talk to 24 hours a day..pleas email me songstress47@aol.com...I am newbie  here..but I have created for well over 10 years .the battles with weight can sometimes be so disappointing.. I am struggling myself ..I have to ... I need double knee replacement ..
I will include you in my prayers and thoughts.. welcome back ..

my store is song47 ..I create vintahe buttonz desigsn

Chris
Thank you for supporting my dreams

Chris

Offline CrochetHooked

• Supporter of all things Handmade
    • View Profile
    • CrochetHooked
Get Well Wishes Nancy!

Big Hugs to You!
Cari (CrochetHooked)

I have a desire to create, a passion for my craft, and maybe… just maybe I will inspire another.

About Me
My Shop
Website

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
Yikes! Sorry to hear about all that BUT glad to know you are on the mend!!   Slow and steady wins the race, so do what the doctor tells you. Take care and I'm sure you're going to be haunting us for quite a long time!  ;D

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
OMG, Nancy, take care of yourself!  And ditto Pam, you can always come here to vent or bounce things off of us, or just look for a sympathetic virtual ear.  I do disagree with her, though, in that I wouldn't consider it whining.  Just friends being there for each other in good and bad.  Isn't that what friends do?
Oh I completely agree that this is what friends do Larissa, whining is just what I sometimes call venting.  Either way, it is a necessary thing and everyone needs to do it at some point or we might explode, sometimes it is easier to do it someplace like this at least for me.  But thanks for pointing that out, I appreciate it and you.

Nancy, take heart, you are doing what you need to do and the results so far are amazing, so keep up the great work.

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Prayers Nancy! Honesty is the first step, so I know that you are being honest with yourself and that you will do what is needed.
So go for it! We got your back :D