Author Topic: Finding the motivation to exercise  (Read 78215 times)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: Finding the motivation to exercise
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 10:22:50 AM »
Monika, I admire your determination.  I keep promising myself to exercise and never do it.  I have reached full slug stage.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »
Monika, I admire your determination.  I keep promising myself to exercise and never do it.  I have reached full slug stage.

Lisa, you just dont know how many times I did not want to go....and had to make myself....I was half thru this morning and said I am not going to do this any more on the thread mill, out of breath, tongue hanging out....it is hard...but I did stay and finished....so dont feel bad, just start one day...slowly...

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2013, 11:26:40 AM »
I don't have time to read this whole thread, but... I would like to play too. I am currently doing  a 90 day weight loss healthy diet challenge, 1 week down, also 4 pounds and 4 inches off my waist,1 1/2 inches off my bust and my hips each as well as 1 1/2 inches off each upper thigh. I know unbelievable, but it's not I am documenting on video and pics. I will be updating in 3 weeks and may put it on my Facebook then fo rnow I look so bad I want to show improvement.

I have a Leslie Sanson Walk Away The Pounds DVD 1-2- and a strength workout to do at home. I will be using. I will start Monday 1/21. I do not have a good place to walk in this weather. I have used this program before and can recommend it to anyone, any age.

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2013, 12:53:37 PM »
I am a littler sore today but that is a good thing it means I did something. I will get my walk in at the Wal-Mart. Wish I had space to do something else on days when the weather is not so good. I live in a camper and that means no jumping around. I need find a yoga or simple floor workout, maybe find that chair workout again. I should see if there is one on the internet I can download. I f any of you have any suggestions let me know. I really need to get off about 50Lbs.

I hope everyone else can get some kind of a workout in today "Just Do It" even if it only five minutes of moving around. I figure that is better than nothing. :-*

Offline Jenstangledthreads

• Crocheter and Bling Babe
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
I am not looking forward to the next couple weeks. First, I have to re-train my replacement at my job because I'm getting shuffled to another department. And another office building. So, after training, I will be lugging boxes. That will be my exercise that day. Up and down stairs carrying boxes and everything else I have on my desk.
I will be at Walmart today, too! Gotta love payday. and I will more than likely be on the treadmill afterwards.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »
I don't have time to read this whole thread, but... I would like to play too. I am currently doing  a 90 day weight loss healthy diet challenge, 1 week down, also 4 pounds and 4 inches off my waist,1 1/2 inches off my bust and my hips each as well as 1 1/2 inches off each upper thigh. I know unbelievable, but it's not I am documenting on video and pics. I will be updating in 3 weeks and may put it on my Facebook then fo rnow I look so bad I want to show improvement.

I have a Leslie Sanson Walk Away The Pounds DVD 1-2- and a strength workout to do at home. I will be using. I will start Monday 1/21. I do not have a good place to walk in this weather. I have used this program before and can recommend it to anyone, any age.
Would love to know what you are NOT eating to get these results.  Great work Nancy.  Keep up the wonderful work.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2013, 01:49:51 PM »

Would love to know what you are NOT eating to get these results.  Great work Nancy.  Keep up the wonderful work.

It's more about what I do eat. Good fresh healthy food, fruits and veggie,lean proteins fat-free dairy and almond milk-original unsweetened, lots of water, salads.
I eat a very balanced diet and I plan in snacks to keep my blood sugars level and prevent food cravings.
I know the foods that cause me problems so I have made a decision to eleminate them from my diet, I do not miss them, I feel wonderful!
I don't eat junk, or drink soda, I never drank much soda anyway, I gave it up years ago.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2013, 01:55:11 PM »
Nancy, that is fabulous, I never eat junk nor do I drink soda....I eat well and still have problems loosing...my downfall is sugar and chocolate....(sigh) :-\

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2013, 11:41:06 AM »
Chocolate will always be my downfall.  I'm retraining myself for moderation.  I've found that keeping a bag of Hershey's miniatures or something similar around helps, believe it or not.  When I'm totally craving chocolate, instead of going crazy, I just take ONE.  It gives me the taste for only one weight watchers point.

Speaking of which, I was pretty good yesterday.  Went out for lunch with Eric at Applebee's since we were out running around, and I have the WW app on my phone.  So I checked the point value on the lunch I wanted - a crazy 20 pts when I'm only allocated 28 a day!  So I ate slowly and ate HALF of it for 10 pts.  The rest is for lunch today!  And by eating slowly, I was full afterwards.

Now, I was really going to exercise this morning (did a half hour of Wii cardio & balance yesterday), but woke up too late because of premature wakings.  First Eric woke me up by stealing the comforter.  Then I had a nightmare that my dog had died.  Then I had a weird dream that a friend was getting married & charging everyone $277/person to come to the wedding.  That last was the one that actually woke me up for the day - I wanted to get up at 9, but by then it was more like 10:30.  I have a face painting gig at 1:30 I've got to get ready for, so I'll exercise tonight instead.

Lisa, I was in full slug mode too.  I've discovered that the only way to get out of it is to just do it.  One day of exercise & then the second day is easier because you don't want to waste the first day.  Etc.

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2013, 11:56:31 AM »
Got to get a walk in today, so I don't loose what I did last week. Great to see so many joining in on the conversation. It helps keep me motivated. Keep up the good work everyone.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2013, 12:22:20 PM »
You all are doing fabulous, Larissa, the chocolate thingy is a great idea, taking just ONE is my problem....

I exercided my lungs this morning, singing my heart out and this afternoon again. Wedding to attend....

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »
I got my walk in 1.9 miles, I even took my 10 year old nephew with me. It was fun.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 05:53:52 PM »
Went to the Gym this morning, they upped my exercise regimen and I was totally pooped...
How is everyone doing with this... :D

Offline candyjune

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 01:22:49 AM »

I was also very fat ever 2years ago , my husband in order to let me lose weight, [size=78%]go to the gym [/size][size=78%]every night, to run about  6-8 laps, the summer has already come over,  i eat more in winter,  but now I think the most important is to keep healthy.what i do everyday now is to walk home after going off bus.[/size]

A good beginning is half done.

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2013, 12:46:54 PM »
 I forgot to report on Tuesday. But I did get a walk in. Did not do anything yesterday, I mean nothing it was a bad day. To day is better, need to walk but it is really windy and cold. I know no excuses. I have a webinar at 1 so I hope do at least get in a short walk.

You guys are going to get a kick in the tushy if you don't start checking in. :police:

A bid gold star to Monika for going to the gym. And to everyone else who is getting in the exercise.