Author Topic: Finding the motivation to exercise  (Read 80310 times)

Offline TXGulfCoastCreations

• Beautifying the world 1 handcrafted item at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Finding the motivation to exercise
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:16 AM »
Hi, All. In case it hasn't occurred to anyone who's looking to count steps, there are apps for it, so you probably won't need to buy a pedometer. I can't schedule work outs, and my limitations vary by the day, but I do have 2 pieces of rehab equipment that I use when I can, a Precor Stretch Trainer, and an iJoy Ride (for core). I've used them off and on for a couple of years since I got them, and I love both. I can't do anything high impact, but do walk when I can at local parks, which I really enjoy. Stress is a big issue for me, so I started doing stretches on my balcony in the evenings (a couple of times a week), while watching/listening to the birds, and it's very relaxing, and a great way to work on diaphragmatic breathing. Good luck with your goals, everyone!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »
Thanks TXGulf.....

I have found that I enjoy my Water Aerobics a lot more then the Gym and decided to sign up for that. It's offered everyday for one hour per class at the Gym and includes Cardio, Stretches, etc. every day someting different.
The pool is indoor, heated and huge, about 30 in the class every day, lots of fun...

So I will be in the water exercising every day now.....LOL....must have been a fish in my other life... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2013, 06:04:58 AM »
Anyone....?  I did it....I am out there daily as stated and it feels good....keep up whatever YOU are doing......

Offline Colette

• View Profile
    • Colette's Boutique
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2013, 11:28:36 AM »
Anyone....?  I did it....I am out there daily as stated and it feels good....keep up whatever YOU are doing......
Good for you Monika! Keep up the good work. I usually exercise in the afternoon after work, but it was getting challenging finding time to do so and everything else ( kids, dinner etc...) so I decided to switch to early morning, before leaving for work, and just started doing that today. I am not a morning person, so I am planning on going to bed early every night, so I can be up early to do my workouts.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2013, 04:22:35 AM »
Oh Tress, you need a kick in the pants....here you are, get going girl, you really feel so mucy better....I need to loose a 100 according to the doc, but thats another story.

Come on get up and go, baby....you can do it.... :-*

Offline Vintage_Gypsy

• View Profile
    • Jewelry and Supplies
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
I made it to the gym twice this week.... I should go today too.. but I talked myself out of it  already  :P

You can lose weight.. but you have to want it.. for years I made excuses.. blamed my parents even.. blamed money... then when I was done making excuses I lost about 70 lbs... I still go up and down... but I get back on the wagon and keep going !
“Far better to live your own path imperfectly than to live another’s perfectly.” -Bhagavad Gita
https://www.etsy.com/shop/2VintageGypsies
https://handmadeartists.com/shop/Vintage_Gypsy

PineappleSpiceGirl

Offline Vintage_Gypsy

• View Profile
    • Jewelry and Supplies
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
Diet is the most important... I can get away with missing some exercise.. but as soon as I over do it with crap I start packing on pounds....  Things I need to avoid are grains and processed sugars... I haven't had soda in 11 years... don't miss it a bit

I have found a lot of valuable info on this site         

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
“Far better to live your own path imperfectly than to live another’s perfectly.” -Bhagavad Gita
https://www.etsy.com/shop/2VintageGypsies
https://handmadeartists.com/shop/Vintage_Gypsy

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2013, 05:51:38 AM »
Back on track.  Doing WW online, watching what I eat, and this morning was my first bout of exercise.  21 minutes of basic step on the Wii Fit.  Now I just need to keep it up!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2013, 09:00:12 AM »
Ah shucks, I had to suspend because of my hip issue. Until that's cleared up I cannot do anything, otherwise it will never heal....

You go girls....

Offline SaltBoxBeads

• View Profile
    • Salt Box Beads
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2013, 07:21:50 PM »
Count me in too.  I just purchased a fluidity barre so I can do my Callanetics.   Early last year I was doing dance exercises in the living room shoeless and I thrashed the bottom of both feet.  Plantar fasciitis.
I finally started walking without pain last month and can go barefoot a little,  and wear normal shoes again. 
I guess I have finally realized that it was I and I alone that got me here and I will be the only one to get me to where I want to be physically.  I need to respect myself and quit lying to me.  I will do it tomorrow,  I don't really feel up to it right now,  I don't have time,  I just ate,  it's too late  blah blah blah.

Why would I lie to myself that way over and over again for years and years?  Don't I love me?  Just how lazy am I?     The list goes on and on and it shouldn't.  I should be in control,  I should want and go after the very best for me.  I AM worth it.   (repeat one bazillion times)
Soooo,  no more excuses,  if one is able bodied one can make a way.  I am off to go to my exercises.
Hugs ;)
Lorraine
Slow Down And Enjoy The Creative Process

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2013, 09:20:51 PM »
Lorraine, you sound exactly like me.  I'm actually a mix of you & Colette - not a morning person either.  I've started going to bed a bit earlier & trying to get up at 6 to exercise for half an hour.  Since that first day it didn't happen again until this morning (not at 6, at 9, but it's Saturday).  But at least I didn't totally ditch it and give up after I didn't get up the second day.  That's the tough thing - skipping a day & not totally giving up.  Y'know?

Offline SaltBoxBeads

• View Profile
    • Salt Box Beads
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2013, 01:27:46 AM »
Larissa,   I know so many of us do the same thing.   I could not do exercises every day. I am a Pisces and it would bore me to tears!!!    I know that.  I have tried.  I do my routine three times a week and if I end up only doing it twice that's okay too because these exercises work the muscles so deeply.  They really want you to do it only two or three times a week.    ^-^     

You are so right that we shouldn't give up.  But maybe we need something to help us along.   Has anyone tried the talking fridge thing?
You make a recording and when you open the fridge you hear yourself: You can record anything you want.
Mine would be:
Hey!  What are YOU looking for?  Did you exercise and drink your water?  Eat breakfast?   When was the last time you weighed yourself???  Hummmm???         LOL

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »
If I had a talking fridge, I think I'd just beat it up.  It wouldn't stop me from eating.

I do want to exercise every day, though I know you're not supposed to repeat that frequently.  I vary, though.  A few days ago I did basic step.  Yesterday morning was zumba, then this morning was yoga & advanced step.  Tomorrow I'll do zumba or maybe strength training.  I think you can exercise every day as long as you mix it up.

Offline SaltBoxBeads

• View Profile
    • Salt Box Beads
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »

I do want to exercise every day, though I know you're not supposed to repeat that frequently.  I vary, though. 
Good for you,  Hopefully it will work to your advantage to help you reach your goals. ;)