Author Topic: Finding the motivation to exercise  (Read 80319 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: Finding the motivation to exercise
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »
Still going....what anyone else doing.... :P

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2013, 05:28:06 PM »
Well I have found the perfect place to walk, unfortunately it usually means that I spend money or leave wanting to have spent money.  Now that Leia is working there I go more often, plus with her doing mosaics now, I go to Lowes a lot because a lady there actually breaks the clearance tiles and glass and marks it down to $1. for us.  whoo hoo.  But Home Depot and  Lowes, I find myself almost mall walking around the store sometimes.  I do go there a lot so I get in a good 15 to 30 minute walk when I do.  Works for me.

Tonight I am going out with a girlfriend for dinner and she likes to go walking around stores afterwards so that is where I will get my walk tonight.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2013, 09:58:09 AM »
Thats great Pam....you go....

Just got home form the Gym again and now it is pooring as predicted.....not sure if it will come down all the way your way....
Have a great day...

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
I sort of hope so Monika, we could use some liquid sunshine :) it is looking a bit darker but it off to the south so not sure.  I have not had the TV on to check the weather and does not really matter since I am stuck in the house today anyway.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
Well, it wasn't much of a rain here either as they say it would . drissles here and there...

Got my Spinal Epidural yesterday in my neck, spine, would I do this again, HELL NO...I was in bad shape afterwards and will forego my Gym tomorrow as to not jar my neck around on the threadmill or something....so no working out tomorrow...Be well everyone...

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2013, 04:36:56 PM »
Oh Monika, I am so sorry that this feels so bad.  I can imagine, just rest dear.  Rain, yep just drizzles, looks nasty out their right now but nothing yet today.  Need a few more showers, actually, need a long slow rain for an entire day then the flowers can start to grow and the grass turn its brilliant green again.

No exercise for me today or yesterday. 

Offline carriescuriosities

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2013, 04:47:21 PM »
Hello everyone...kinda new here, so I hope you don't me jumping in!
Starting last January, I lost around 40 pounds and now, I'm trying to take off the remaining 10 -15, plus maintain my weight loss.
Having a really hard time, though.  I've been sick a lot lately and just haven't been able to exercise, so the weight is starting to creep back on.
I'm still suffering with a horrible head cold, that leaves me extremely dizzy. (I actually fell outside today, because my balance is so off.)
Anyway, just wanted to chime in and offer my support to everyone! (I know I could certainly use some!)

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2013, 04:54:34 PM »
Hello everyone...kinda new here, so I hope you don't me jumping in!
Starting last January, I lost around 40 pounds and now, I'm trying to take off the remaining 10 -15, plus maintain my weight loss.
Having a really hard time, though.  I've been sick a lot lately and just haven't been able to exercise, so the weight is starting to creep back on.
I'm still suffering with a horrible head cold, that leaves me extremely dizzy. (I actually fell outside today, because my balance is so off.)
Anyway, just wanted to chime in and offer my support to everyone! (I know I could certainly use some!)

Sorry you are not feeling well.  I wish I had lost 40 pounds.  I did lose about 60 a about 3 years ago, it all came back then some.  Don't try walking again as long as you are dizzy, you could suffer more damage that would keep you down longer.

BTW, jump in whenever you want wherever you want.  we all do

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
I have been so busy lately, I have not been able to get on the forum. I have done some walking but not enough. Got to get on a regular schedule.

I hope everyone is taking care of yourselves,and getting in some exercise.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
I've been avoiding this thread due to slackerness.  Been busy, lazy, and finding any excuse possible.  No exercise.  I suck.  But I'll get better!

Just not necessarily this week.  I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with a cold & feel crappy.

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »
Joined the Y today and took a yoga class and swam some laps in the pool.

Larissa take care of yourself.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2013, 12:18:31 AM »
No exercise for me for a couple days.  I did get a walk in at the HD a couple days ago and Wally world doing my initial grocery shopping for the month.  Was going to take Jaeden for a walk today, but we were having such a good day of school that we just did not make it, then he helped me to cook dinner.

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2013, 01:06:46 PM »
Pam I am glad you had a good day with Jaeden, Cooking with him is really good.

I went to the Y for water aerobics today that was more of a workout then I expected.  ^-^ . I walk to and from the Y and that is getting some extra in. So the plan is Water aerobics on M,W,F and Yoga on T and Th with a walk to and from. That should do something for me. :laugh:

Rooting for the rest of you.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »
Had to slack off too this week, Spinal Injection and this morning I sang for a funeral...so I am going gack to the Gym on Friday...dont feel so bad Larissa.... :D

Offline Dragonclaw

• DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS free-form, organic wearable art
    • View Profile
    • DRAGONCLAW STUDIOS
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
I just saw this thread.... I too am one who needs to lose about 65 pounds.... I do a yoga class each week and I feel so much better after I finish, but getting motivated to exercise the rest of the week is real hard, I have low energy and part of me hates to use up my energy on exercise, even though I know I will feel better and have more of it if I would get moving!