Author Topic: Finding the motivation to exercise  (Read 79374 times)

Offline Jenstangledthreads

• Crocheter and Bling Babe
    • View Profile
    • My website
Finding the motivation to exercise
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:21:10 AM »
I'm trying to lose weight. I have a goal - I want to be down at least 50 pounds by August, which is Renaissance Fest here in MN. If I do, and I have the money, I will buy myself a new corset and/or dress when I am at Ren Fest.

I need the motivation, though. I have so much work to do on my HAF shop (bringing over all my listings from Etsy) and my Etsy shop and my blog, and my webpage. I feel like I need to get stuff done, but I don't have the time! I just want to sit and create!

Any exercise buddies out there? Give me a much needed kick in the pants?

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
Re: Finding the motivation to exercise
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 11:30:58 AM »
I'm trying to lose weight. I have a goal - I want to be down at least 50 pounds by August, which is Renaissance Fest here in MN. If I do, and I have the money, I will buy myself a new corset and/or dress when I am at Ren Fest.

I need the motivation, though. I have so much work to do on my HAF shop (bringing over all my listings from Etsy) and my Etsy shop and my blog, and my webpage. I feel like I need to get stuff done, but I don't have the time! I just want to sit and create!

Any exercise buddies out there? Give me a much needed kick in the pants?

You took the words right our of my mouth. I have all the same issues. I feel like a hamster on one of those wheels, (if I really was one I would not need to loose 50 lbs.) My head is just swimming with things I need to do and learn so I can make a living doing what I love. This is the only income we have right now. If it where not for family I don't know what I would do. SO stress relief is needed.  I would be glade to be an exercise buddy. I will kick you in the pants if you will kick me. :police:  Let me know what you have in mind.

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
Sweet! I have exercised today. Right after posting. Strange how that gave me the motivation to get going. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill while watching Pretty in Pink. My apartment building has an exercise room with an elliptical, a supine bike and a treadmill and some weights. I'm not really interested in the weights at the moment. All during the 30 minutes, I increased the speed just a little bit.

I have to be careful when I work out, though. I need to make sure I don't injure myself like I did last year. So, I went and got some new shoes with insoles to protect the balls of my feet. I had a stress fracture in February and I keep aggravating it.

My downfall isn't the weekends. It is during the week. I come home from work or from my son's dance studio, and I don't want to work out. I have no energy. I just want to sit and eat supper. After I eat supper, I have no real desire to get up again and go work out, even through it would help with digestion. AT this point in my life, I can only walk - no running. I have bad knees and hips and I have fibromyalgia, which makes healing painful and slow. 

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 06:44:21 PM »
Hi girls, whadda ya need ...I started in December of last year, need to loose 50 lbs...
I have been going regularly in the early morning hours Monday, Wednesday, Fridays for an hour...it took am a long time to get there...but I am sticking with it I am determined....
So what cha need a kick in the pants, I be glad to help....LOL....

Jens, can you get a up a bit earlier and just go and get it outta the way....
I am here for support, I KNOW its hard.... :police: :laugh: :laugh:

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:13:44 PM »
I tried doing the early morning work out. I usually get up between 5 and 5:30 a.m. So, to get in a workout, I'd have to get up at 4-4:30 and I have a 30-45 minute drive to work. I did that for about 2 months. I couldn't do it anymore. This summer I will be able to do it again when my work schedule changes. But right now, I have to be to work at 7 am to be home in time to take my son to dance.

For now, I just have to force myself to work out after dance. Maybe taking another snack with me will help. Stretch out dinner a little later.

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »
I have to place to work our right now, so I am going to try and take a hour long walk at least three days a week. It's in writing now. I will post every day that I walk so you can see that I did. If I don't sent me a big Kick in the pants. Thanks for the support.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »
Right there with ya, except it's 25-30 lbs here.  Maybe if we all check in here weekly?  I have the same exercise issues; I'm not a morning person & after work I'm tired.  But I have to do it sometime!  And the sad thing is, once I'm working out, I'm really enjoying it.  It's just getting the oomph to do it that's a problem.

I vote we all hold each other accountable and see how we do!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 05:08:49 AM »
I second that motion....I am gone to work out starting 7AM.....go girls, go girls....

Free hug for everyone who has done a lil work out today....((((hugs)))) and share what you did..
I am doing the treadmill today, the new step (which works arm and legs) and weights....8lbs each.....
Get those endorphines going, feels so good after ya done.....really... :-*

Good Morning

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 03:38:21 PM »
I got a 1 mile walk in today. It was a lovely day.

You go Karen.... ;) :D :-*

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 03:46:28 PM »
Well 50 would be good, but 75 would be better.  But then what do you do with the sagging skin girls. :(.  My heart needs about 75 less.  My daughter has been entered into some kind of contest at work by her boss to walk 10,000 steps per day.  She started today.  Nope, she not gonna make it I don't think.  Guess I could encourage her by walking with her.  Perhaps I will give it a try.  See if I can get some sleep in the dark hours then I may be able to do it.

Check back in tomorrow to let you know if I made it.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 05:09:07 PM »
Good job, Karen!  Pam, definitely walk with her, that's terrific exercise.  If it wasn't so cold & wet here now, I'd take the dog & do the same.

As it is, I've been pretty good with the weight watchers points today & am trying to decide whether it'll be Wii Fit strength training & yoga when I get home or 20 minutes of Wii zumba.  Votes?

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 06:47:22 PM »
Well, no workout today for me. My knee is swollen and aching today.

Good job everyone for working out, though! Maybe tomorrow my knee will be better.

• View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 06:59:58 PM »
Do the zumba we all want to see. :laugh: :laugh:

Well, no workout today for me. My knee is swollen and aching today.

Good job everyone for working out, though! Maybe tomorrow my knee will be better.
I hope your knee gets better. Have you thought of chair exercises? I see it on the PBS station. I am thinking of trying it out for no stress on the joints.