Author Topic: Would love a Critique  (Read 16297 times)

Offline Roziespearls

• Newborn & Toddler Bracelets
    • View Profile
Would love a Critique
« on: December 18, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »
We would love a shop critique. I can take it see something tell me.
Thanks,
Tress ^-^

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: Would love a Critique
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »
Two small suggestions.  Pehaps you could make your greeting fewer lines so that some of your things would show on the page without scrolling down.  Second, I think your bracelets would show up better with a simple solid background.
Good luck with the shop.

Offline Roziespearls

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:45:17 PM »
Ok, I'll shorten the greeting some. I know your right about the photos but the thought of redoing them they took me forever. I'll tackle them after the holidays as long as my Great Aunt understands. See the rounds she made for the photos & my Grandma gave us the dollies to us to use also. My Great Grandma made them. there over 100 years old. I don't want to hurt there feelings.
Thanks for your input,  :)
Tress

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »
As Lisa has said, your bracelets would show up much better without the cloth backgrounds.  As with the attached picture, the only thing I see in it is the cross.  I have no idea from your picture what the piece actually is.  You also might want to crop your picture so the bracelet is the major item in the picture.  See second attachment for cropped photo.  You can get a free, excellent, photo editing program from GIMP (www.gimp.org)

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline Roziespearls

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 12:11:47 AM »
the only thing I can think of is the easy why out ???  they are both flying in thrus. for a week. they will see both shops for the first time and after they leave I'll change the photos. unless I get my nerve up and just tell them I really need to make the change. I just don't want to hurt them.
Tress

Offline CrayonJungle

• View Profile
    • Crayon Jungle
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 10:53:32 AM »
I know it's been a while since you asked but thought I would comment on your shop. I love your items, they are beautiful! You have a lovely variety and I think the price is very good.

I do like that the items now have a solid background but I think you could have done a combination. I also think some closer views of the bracelets would be nice too. Basically have a variety. When I see the page showing numerous bracelets there they look very similar on first glance.

For example, the first bracelet could have the image you show, the second could have the first image be a close up of the letters (and the second image one of the bracelet further away).

I also think you could have used the fabric your family  members made to spice up some of the images.

Take a set of bracelets. The first image could be showing both bracelets in their entirety. The second image could be a close up of the beads showing the letters for the names. The third image could be the bracelets laying against/on the cloth, the fourth showing the bags. Something like that.

I completely understand how overwhelming it is to have to take new images of everything. I'm dealing with that myself!

You have a beautiful shop!

Offline Roziespearls

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »
Hi Melanie,

Thank you  :)  I have to say I really don't like the shop the way it looks now. I kind of liked the doilies my great grandma made. I have thought about a combination of photos to break things up a little.  I can try to make the photos closier but usually it cuts of the bottom of the bracelet. I'll work on the twins first. I think your right i should have a single bracelet.
Also, I went to your shop you have really cute items. Not sure if you have a google + page but i started a community for Newborns/Toddlers and Kids. An invite to come join and show of your cute items.

https://plus.google.com/u/1/communities/105347796219426601019

Hope your having a great day.

Tress

Offline MsMartyD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 08:05:21 PM »
It's  lovely!  I love all sorts of baby stuff.
www.handmadeartists.com/shop/MsMartyD
www.etsy.com
www.shophandmade.com

"She seeks wool and flax and works willingly with her hands. She sees that her merchandise is good...."Prov 31:13 & 18