Author Topic: Hurricane Sandy - Warning - Picture Heavy!  (Read 4337 times)

myeuropeantouch

Re: Hurricane Sandy - Warning - Picture Heavy!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 07:48:33 AM »
You are right Pam, that lil kink in the elbow saved us many a times.....

I just heard on the news that Union workers trying to restore power in the storm area are turning away volunteers from other power companies that want to help out if they are not union....if I was in the affected area I would be ENRAGED!!!!

If that is really true, I would be not only enraged but OUTRAGED.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a rumor.  Nobody was turned away, union or not, and there are trucks all over the place with different state names on the sides.  Andrew passes caravans all the time on the highways coming north to help...so no, nobody wanting to help has been turned away.

Alrighty then....glad you all got all the help you need....(smile)

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 07:51:21 AM »
and now, because we need more wind and rain, we have a Nor'Easter coming our way in the middle of the week!  I am ready to just crawl in a hole and wait for spring at this point.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 08:02:14 AM »
Oh  Kimberly, I heard and surely thought about all of you.....you all need this like another hole in your heads....
have you been able to fill up with gorceries and stuff, canned and stuff, well you know best what you all need....

Is the post office working can we send a "care package".... :-*

Offline MakinTheBest

• Administrator
  • Live everyday like you mean it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
The post office is iffy at best right now.  Hopefully, as the power is restored it will get moving again.

We are fairly well stocked right now as I overloaded before this started and have planned out how to each a chicken for 3 days...thanks to my grandmother who taught me how to really stretch when I have to!

Forgot to add this picture earlier but as we have said, my father in law used to own an antiques business and we have a lot of it in our home.  We were not sure about schools opening and Spencer had a report to finish...so out come oil lamps and an old typewriter and he set to work.

I personally think that it should earn him extra credit just for being willing to try it!  Gasp...no spell check!

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 08:23:15 AM »
Oh dear heart this is to funny...HE SHOULD Get extra credit for that.... :-*

:P OMG.....memories....of white out and all this is coming back. Now I really have to run off to church....later
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:18:16 AM by myeuropeantouch »

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 08:38:04 AM »
Ha, I did high school on a typewriter!

Looking at weatherunderground.com, the "noreaster" doesn't look bad, at least not by me.  Here's hoping.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 09:19:26 AM »

Stay strong..... ;D