Author Topic: inkle loom woven belt  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
Re: inkle loom woven belt
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »
It's very pretty.  Would you please post a picture of the loom if you have a chance?  I have no idea what it is.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »
Debbi, I LOVE it! Let me know if you ever do one in brown or black with antique brass D-rings  ;)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:27:23 PM »
This is great.  Chuck should build these for you to sell.  I had never heard of an inkle loom.  Never saw one, but love the work that comes from it.  Love that pink.  What other kinds of things can be created using this loom or a bigger one.  Maybe Chuck could make us all one.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 05:57:35 AM »
Debbi....Awesomeness.... :-*

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »
This is great.  Chuck should build these for you to sell.  I had never heard of an inkle loom.  Never saw one, but love the work that comes from it.  Love that pink.  What other kinds of things can be created using this loom or a bigger one.  Maybe Chuck could make us all one.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
you can make pretty much anything...the number of wraps you put on the loom determines the width, so I can make anything from a bracelet (or many bracelets, lol) to table runners to placemats.  Next I want to learn how to create patterns...but...no new crafts till after Christmas. lol
Debbi

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 08:09:50 AM »
That's so cool!

Offline trusk4u

• Handmade is always a journey of discovery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »
That's great! It looks like a lot of fun too!

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »
I too fell in love with inkle weaving at a living history event. I could not afford to buy a loom so I built one for less than $20.00 and have been using it for over ten years. Your work look great. If you have any questions I would be glad to help you. I mad and sold sashes and leg ties at living history events and now I make dog leashes and collars, shoulder bag straps.

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »
I too fell in love with inkle weaving at a living history event. I could not afford to buy a loom so I built one for less than $20.00 and have been using it for over ten years. Your work look great. If you have any questions I would be glad to help you. I mad and sold sashes and leg ties at living history events and now I make dog leashes and collars, shoulder bag straps.
thank you wyndwalker....the big question for me is what is the best type of yarn to use?

Offline lisianblue

• View Profile
    • lisianblue
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 09:41:56 AM »
It looks like quite a contraption!  But the belt that came off of it is really cool!

I have never heard of an inkle loom!  I have often thought it would be fun to do weaving, but really have never had room for a floor loom - but this looks interesting!
Kris 
"Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced."  Leo Tolstoy 

http://handmadeartists.com/shop/reflections
http://handmadeartistsshop.com/shop/lisianblue

http://twitter.com/lisianblue
http://lisianblue.blogspot.com

Offline WyndwalkerCreations

• Today is a great day to be CREATIVE
    • View Profile
    • Wyndwalker Creations
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
thank you wyndwalker....the big question for me is what is the best type of yarn to use?
Sorry that I did not get back to you sooner, I am just getting this site figured out. You can use anything from fine silk to heavy wools/yarn. I use acrylic yarn mostly worsted weight, wool, and cottons. It depends on how fine or bulky you want it to come out.