Author Topic: Facebook Member Spotlight Fall 2012  (Read 87247 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: Facebook Member Spotlight Fall 2012
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »
I'll do another tonight & then start 3 a day tomorrow.

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 09:16:01 PM »
Not absolutely necessary to do 3, I only suggested it because of a. time differences around, b. I found better results when I post my things several times a day because most people are not like me and have it up on puter all the time refreshing every few minutes to make sure I don't miss any posts by artists that I have promised to share regularly.

Also, I have been told I think it was John who said we should post several times a day because other people are on at different times. 

Rambling I know, does this make sense.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »
Ok, I think I have all the glitches fixed in the list and now there is only the list there so you don't have to look through a bunch of fixes.

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

roka

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2012, 01:22:11 AM »

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2012, 04:23:57 AM »
I don't know why I am having this problem.  I tried to post a picture of a piece from John's site and only the code for the page showed up on FB.  I had no problem the last time we did the Facebook Spotlights.  I am mystified.  The first time I posted, I took one from the Rasmussen FB page because I gave up on the other, but it wasn't something that was for sale.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2012, 06:54:54 AM »
I think that is something that Josey is working on.  It has to do with the shops being taken to https: instead of just http.  for whatever reason, I have seen comments by Andrew that Facebook does not allow the download fo the photos.  What I do is right click on the photo and then save as to my computer, go make my post on fb and add the photo, then delete the photo from my computers.  I know it is an extra step, but I think it is better than just showing the url. 

It happend to me yesterday as well.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2012, 08:23:18 AM »
I will have to figure out what that means in Mac terms.  No right click.  Thanks.
If you were online and wanted to save a photo for further review or inspiration, how would you do that on a Mac?  That would be the same thing. I don't think I am infringing on anyone's rights since I delete the photos as soon as I post and I don't reuse the photographs for other than promoting the artists.

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:44 AM »
I too was having troubles with the secure https instead of http.  I do the following if the photo is being persnickety!

iMac

Right Click the photo
Save (it may read "download")
My computer saves it to iPhoto
Click the iPhoto file
Click the Drop Down Menu and Export the photo to whatever photo program you use.
When on Facebook, use the Photo / Video button on the Status and upload the photo, paste the link the item in the comment box and click post.  It should appear on your page.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »
No move to the next person on the list and if you can do it post 3 times morning afternoon and evening, if you can't no big deal just once will do.

Then we will just start over on the list, much like Pinterest ring.

Offline beadthing

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 06:28:06 PM »
PLEASE PLEASE don't forget to come back here and post what you did on your FB page.  That way we can all click on it and go and comment.  That is what is needed to make the show up a lot.  It helps the promotion of everyone. the commenter and the person being posted.