Author Topic: New and I have my thick skin on.. I need to know how to be sucessful!  (Read 14534 times)

Gina

Hi, I am Gina at Gina's Corner Crafts.
I am totally new at selling online. I know I have a lot to learn, and would like to know what I need to do to be successful..

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: New and I have my thick skin on.. I need to know how to be sucessful!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:32:44 PM »
Sorry Gina, there is no magic pill.  It is a lot of hard work.  Promotion, Promotion, Promotion.  Get involved. STay involved, don't slack up on putting yourself out there.  It will happen, it will happen slowly perhaps, but it does take a bit of time.

Set your goals as to what you need to do each day and make to do lists if you need to.  I spend as much time on the computer as I do making jewelry and crocheting.

But I bet others here have way more to say than I do, cause I am still new to online selling and I have been at for 2 years

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »
Hi, Gina and welcome!  I wrote an article for the blog here entitled The Reality of Selling Online which has (I hope) some solid, basic information.  Here's the link:  http://handmadeartists.com/blog/the-reality-of-selling-online/

Pam is 100% correct...  The more you promote, the more you will sell.  All of us are happy to help, so if you have some specific questions, just post and we'll give you all the information we have!

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:38:02 PM »
I went and read that article cause I had not done so yet. Not sure why, just had not seen it.  Anyway,  it is a great article and it makes a lot of sense.  It will simply take a lot of time and a lot of effort and if it happens it will slowly and because you have put in thousands of hours getting to that point.  When you get the first sale, you will say,  "ah ha' I've made it'.  wrong, it could be months before you get another sale.  But as said, it is worth in in the long run even the short, if you don't have to have the money from it, it is worth it in the satisfaction you gain from creating something that only you can create.  Even as in my beading, they are age ole stitches and everyone knows them and many things look the same, but they are not and I value that I have done something that is not like anyone elses.  If I do something like someone else, I give them the credit for teaching me how.

Again, great article.