Author Topic: New here and ready for critiques!  (Read 17585 times)

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
Re: New here and ready for critiques!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:47:26 AM »
You're the one with the dragons!  Love them.  As a thumbnail, one caught my eye & I had to look closer & show my husband because I thought it was a real lizard!  In my defense, I didn't notice the wings until I clicked on it.    :)

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »
Checked your shop and it looks good to me.  The one thing is that perhaps you could tell us more about yourself and your crafts in your bio.

Offline ChaseYourDreams

• Chase your dreams until you catch them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »
Larissa: a real lizard, huh?  ;) Too funny, but flattering, too. I have some dragon pendants and beads that I'll be listing soon. You'll have to drop by for a look-see.

Beadthing: thanks for stopping by. I'll definitely try to add to the bio and profile.

Offline Blue Highways

• Global Moderator
  • Book Nerd
    • View Profile
    • My Shop and Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »
Welcome to Handmade Artists! Love your maple leaf necklace

The one thing I see is in some of your photos the flash is a little much - is there any way to get pictures without using it?
PS I am no photographer by any means ::)

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:52:55 PM »
1.  You might want to reshoot some of your photos, the background in some make it very hard to see your product.
2.  Especially in your shop policy, you "accept returns in 10 days."  Do I get my cost and shipping back (including my return shipping)?  How about repairs?  If the piece breaks in 1 year, do you repair it?  You need to add some items to your policies.
3.  Your welcome in policies could be used in your profile.  I always look at the profile to see about the artist/crafter.

Otherwise, make sure you have multiple views of each piece.

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »
Welcome!
Couple things.
First before you get too many items, you should take advantage of shop sections. Since you have a diversity of items it would be helpful to your customers.
Second, you should use the promote tab. Here you can put a link to your twitter, Fb if you have them and a link to your blog if you have that as well.
Hope that helps.

Offline Uniqlets

• View Profile
    • Uniqlets, Jewelry by Lisa
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 01:33:38 AM »
Welcome, nice shop.  My only comment is that I think simpler backgrounds make it easier to see the items.  For example, I found it difficult to make out your horse clearly in you thumbnail picture with the darker more detailed background.  Your pictures of it with the white background made it easier to see the item itself.  I am starting to realize that props do not often work unless they are simple and pertain to the item with the item as the first thing that catches the eye.

Offline ChaseYourDreams

• Chase your dreams until you catch them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 08:56:38 AM »
Thanks everyone for your comments and critiques. I've taken all the advise an implimented it (I think) and hope the shop is better for it. I appreciate the help!

Offline TheAlchemistsVessel

• Maille Misfit
    • View Profile
    • The Alchemists Vessel
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 09:49:08 AM »
Your items are very nice. 

The only thing I might suggest is shop sections.  Sculpture, Gourd Art, Jewelry.  That way when someone wants something specific and they type in and of the above words, your items will show up in the category as well as an uncluttered page (section) of your shop.  If I am shopping for a sculpture, I don't to wade through other things to get to what the specific thing / item / sculpture / thing I am looking for; but that's just me.