Author Topic: [SOLVED] No pictures with Facebook sharing  (Read 9200 times)

Offline Jhowarth

• Head of Development Roo
  • Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
Re: [SOLVED] No pictures with Facebook sharing
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2012, 05:20:15 PM »
For anyone who is still having an issue can you please tell me EXACTLY how you're trying to share it to facebook?

• Are you using the like button on the product (see circled in green)
  • Are you using the Share this button (seen circled in purple)
  • Are you just copying and pasting the link to your facebook page?
  • Are you doing it a different way?

I need to know more information before I can fully rule us out.  Call me paranoid ;) But I just want to make darn certain that it's not us. 
This Code Monkey of Love says, "Thrive on Passion"

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »
just tested on a new item (not mine), and if I use the share + button (to go on my business fb page) the picture did not load.  but when I used the like button, it posted fine, but on my personal page...
Debbi

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2012, 11:33:07 PM »
Would you share with me which product you went to share? :)

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2012, 06:26:28 AM »
For anyone who is still having an issue can you please tell me EXACTLY how you're trying to share it to facebook?

• Are you using the like button on the product (see circled in green)
  • Are you using the Share this button (seen circled in purple)
  • Are you just copying and pasting the link to your facebook page?
  • Are you doing it a different way?

need to know more information before I can fully rule us out.  Call me paranoid ;) But I just want to make darn certain that it's not us.

Since you asked Josey, I am using the Share Button circled in purple assuming it was the right things to use. Just for the fun of it, I clicked the like button which does not do a thing on my facebook.
I also have copied the link and posted it, it will do it without a picture...trying hard for a few sec but finally comes up without pic
Thank you dear heart...

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:18 PM »
Since you asked Josey, I am using the Share Button circled in purple assuming it was the right things to use. Just for the fun of it, I clicked the like button which does not do a thing on my facebook.
I also have copied the link and posted it, it will do it without a picture...trying hard for a few sec but finally comes up without pic
Thank you dear heart...

To let you know, the Share Button in Purple works. So does the link button.  Though to see the like button at all, you have to go to your actually page (which everyone can see if they go to your facebook page.  You can access it by Clicking on your Name in the upper left of Facebook. I think they call ti the Timeline now.     

I do happen to know those work, but the image is the real question.  ;)

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »
this is the item I shared this time...since the picture wouldn't load from the share button, I didn't post it all the way.
https://handmadeartists.com/product-details/Jewelry/Bracelets/G%20OOAK%20Baroque%20Pearl%20Bracelet/?pid=2012111120214809a6f

Just checked that one and all types of shares work, and Facebook's developer scraper is perfectly fine with the link.  So I am pretty certain now that this issue is with Facebook, not us, since there are no code differences between the pages that do work.. and the ones that don't (code wise). 

It's a puzzling situation. Since I am 98% certain it's not us, I'm going to just watch for a bit and see how things develop while working on some other things for the site.  But I am not going to forget about this.   I'll keep researching to see if I can figure out why Facebook sometimes likes it.. and sometimes does not.. and it's different for each user which is the puzzling thing.

You may not have an issue, but someone else will.  You may have an issue, but no one else will.  It makes no sense.  Lol.  Technology is fun!  ;D

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »
Could there be a difference in which browers each one of us is using.....just thinking out loud....

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2012, 08:06:35 AM »
I had an issue the other day. Had nothing to do with anything online, it was my computer. I shut down and restarted and everything worked fine. There are so many variables it is mind boggling

Offline Jhowarth

• Code Monkey of Lurve
    • View Profile
    • FnFHost
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2012, 01:22:52 PM »
Andrew is right.  There are tons of variables. 

So, if you think it might be your browser, try using a different one. If it does end up working differently, leave a message here with what browser you were using, which version, and I can look into changes the developers have made with their browsers.  :) 

For the most part though, this is not us anymore.  It's all Facebook. Silly facebook.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »
Okeydoke...will try and let yall know...., have to run for today though....and do it another day.... :)