Author Topic: handmade Highlights Contest #10  (Read 6788 times)

Offline iKnitQuiltSew

• Global Moderator
  • ...one stitch at a time!
    • View Profile
    • i Knit Quilt Sew
Re: handmade Highlights Contest #10
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• The difference between can and do is the doing
    • View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »
Here's mine, good luck everyone:)
http://handmadeartists.com/highlights-details/HHC#10 Kids have it made:)/?id=20120825135713820dc
 I had decided I would only use items from shops that look professional, The first thing I checked was for an avatar, and more than 5 items listed. If they didn't meet those 2 simple requirements no matter how well the item fit my collection, I would not use it.
 I figured if they were not dedicated enough to at least do that much, they would not benefit the collection, and they wouldn't comment.
When we do these we are really promoting handmade as a viable venue for customers to consider, we are trying to get positive attention to Handmade Artists shops, and promote ourselves. This is just my opinion.

I have to tell you, it was very hard to find 20 good shops with children items!

Offline startsarts

• View Profile
    • Start's Arts
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 01:39:15 PM »
Please don't assume people aren't dedicated...I, for one, had very little in my online shop for some time because I was out of items to sell...not lack of dedication.

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 09:26:09 PM »
Please don't assume people aren't dedicated...I, for one, had very little in my online shop for some time because I was out of items to sell...not lack of dedication.
But I am sure you had at least 5, that is not many. I didn't use just a shortage of items, I first looked for an avatar. Your stuff is so unusual, I don't think I have ever seen anyone do a painting like you do,they must be very time consuming to produce.

Being out of items to sell is a good position:)

Offline marphilhearts

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 12:56:29 AM »
HHC#10 Kids go to school

I had a fun time with this. Since I am a homeschooling mom, I'm really into school up to my ears right now. Thought this was perfect. I had a hard time finding enough items, but the digging was worth it. This is my favorite highlight that I've done so far.

http://handmadeartists.com/highlights-details/?id=20120826015211ca423&uid=17052011195251&index=

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »
I am not looking for anything specific except that which I like and fits my idea of what the theme means to me.  This one was about children, I chose to go with things that appeal not only to the child but to the child in us all, hopefully to show the gloriousness of being a child and retaining a part of the child in us as we grow.  I only choose what I like no matter what the seller does with their shop.
Just my opinion, no offense to anyone intended.

Offline Larissa

• Reef Botanicals
  • Global Moderator
  • Act well your part, there all the honour lies.
    • View Profile
    • Reef Botanicals
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »
I do the same thing, Pam.  I like to showcase variety as much as possible, and I do try to bring in shops that don't necessarily participate in the forums, then message them to let them know.  I feel like even if they don't comment on the Highlight, I do get a lot of "thank you"s and maybe it'll encourage those shop owners to do it too at some point.  Or at least speak highly to others of us for promoting them.

I also feel like it might encourage them to focus more on their shops here and perk them up, since they see they're getting attention.

Offline startsarts

• View Profile
    • Start's Arts
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 10:34:07 AM »
I was worried that there wasn't much to work with when I chose "children" as a theme...Boy was I wrong!!! So many great highlight ideas:)

Offline ArtbyNancyPace

• View Profile
    • Art by Nancy Pace
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 03:21:32 PM »
The children's items really surprised me, I found shops I had not seen. Lots of great things in those shops. That is something the highlights with a theme helps us do, and messaging people really helps then know they are featured.
I can't believe how many different collections everyone came up with, and a lot of cross over items used in different ideas.

I was wondering if every vendor gets notification when they are contacted through the shop, does anyone know?

Offline beadthing

• Whatever you are be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »
Not only that Nancy, but by messaging them, hopefully, they will see that involvement matters and become more involved.  It has surely made a difference to me all around, not just in my shop but in me personally.

myeuropeantouch

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 06:49:07 AM »
HHC#10 We all loved them, our Teddybears

https://handmadeartists.com/highlights-details/?id=2012082707414823820&uid=20012012144713&index=

Thanks for visiting the highlight :-*

Offline chainmaille

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
Soon hopefully we'll get the automatic messaging going, it is on the list, but we are still catching up on more important things.

Offline YankeeBurrowCreations

• View Profile
    • Yankee Burrow
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:16 AM »
Soon hopefully we'll get the automatic messaging going, it is on the list, but we are still catching up on more important things.
even with automatic messaging...I like the personal touch of notifying the shops I feature.  It's time consuming, but I know that personally I will respond to an individual message before an automated one.
Debbi

Offline startsarts

• View Profile
    • Start's Arts
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 07:10:09 PM »
OK it looks like Nancy is our winner this week. Congratulations everyone on a great highlights!!! Nancy, please pm me where I should address your owl necklace and I'll get it in the mail first thing next week:) Thanks everyone.

Offline gemlover

• Contributor
  • All that glitters is not gold!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
Ok, way to go Nancy. 

John
John Atwell Rasmussen, PhD, AJP
Lapidary, Gemologist, Geologist, Artisan Jeweler
email: john@rasmussengems.com